Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

Love this the colors last all day long and I absolutely love it ! The packaging is nice too

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy using this palette, it gives me tons of colors to play with can create nearly unlimited looks with this. The pigmentation of the shadows is great, and I don't notice much fallout(although it doesn't bother me anyway). Each shadow is about the size of a dime, which although small, is a reasonable size considering how many shadows there are. So overall I really enjoy this palette. And to all of those of you that are complaining about the shimmer in any way, this is the SHIMMER pallet, if you don't like shimmer, why'd you buy it?

absolutely LOVE this palette!! the colors are beautiful! the price is right! cant go wrong!

I think I will buy this product again, but I am not sure as I have had mine for about a year and have only hit pan on two colours. These colours are my go-to colours that I use day-to-day.
Absolutely amazing product.
I researched A LOT on this before I bought it, and couldn't find a bad word about it anywhere!
Love the colours, yes they are shimmery, but you can still have a natural look with them which I love.
I use it daily, and it comes with me whenever I travel too.
There are a few colours that don't go on as well as others, and some colours I don't think I will ever use, but mostly, they are well pigmented, and go on great.
The packaging is a little cheap. When I first got mine, two of the pans kept coming out, so I had to glue them in again. The two sponge applicators are pointless, and I have never used them. The mirror is handy, but never stays clean due to it sitting on top of the eyeshadows all the time.
I like that it's small (considering it has 88 different shadows in it).

on 10/5/2010 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this palette from someone who bought it on a website and got a second one after some damages to the first one. I payed it ridicolously low, because of this, something like 6$ incl. shipping. the palette arrived in perfect conditions. In the beginning I did not really like it. I thought the colors were definetly TOO frosty and shimmery, and too "teenager" like. then I started learning how to use them, blend them properly, and now I have to say it's one of my favourite products for day and night looks. of course for the day I stick with more neutral colors, bronze, golden, browns... but for the night I can do crazy looks with pink or purple, bright greens, and lots of colors I would never buy in single eyeshadows.
I have to say it took me some time to appreciate it, but now I could not live without it! some colors are really beautiful, and I like it much more than the 120 colors.
I think I will purchase soon the 88warm color, as a daily makeup product. all in all I really love this product, it's so cheap and the colors are really pigmented. as other girls said, is just a must-have.

on 9/18/2010 11:37:00 AM

I'm going to be a total hypocrite for this review. I normally hate, hate, hate shimmery/glittery shadows, but this pallette somewhat changed my mind.

I have the regular 88 color pallette and I use the shimmer one more. THe colors are beautiful and blend much better than the matte shades in the other pallette.

I don't use this as much as I should, but the colors are pretty crazy and you can't really wear them on a daily basis.

on 8/24/2010 11:20:00 PM

I love this palette! I have this one and the 88 matte palette and I love them both! There is just so many colors in this and I've had it so long and haven't even begun to use it up yet! It is really pigmented also, for what you pay for! I mean its pretty cheap for all the colors you get! I mean yes, it can be a little chalky but come on, for under 20 bucks for 88 colors it is a great buy! I apply mine with UDPP and it stays on all day! I think if you like shimmer (like me!) then this is a great product! If you like more matte colors then there is a matte palette also! I got both so I could mix them together!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This really is an fantastic product. Unlimited looks can be created so effortlessly! Good quality shadows and nicely pigmented.

The palette is smaller than it looks in all the photos, and the shadows themselves are quite small. I find that there is plenty of product and it gives you a chance to try out lots of colours you would not usually use.

I gave this palette a 3 for packaging because the shadows do tend to crack or break in transit (especially when ordering from overseas). Also occasionally some of the shadows do come loose, but this problem is easily fixed.

Also the shadows are very shimmery, which i love but I understand not everyone does.

I have just ordered the matte palette because I love this one so much!! Definitely recommend :)

on 8/15/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not a fan of this palette. The colours are so shimmery and there is a lot of fall-out when you try to put them on your eyes. Also, the glue that holds the little colours in the palette is coming loose and I had to re-glue some back down in place. The price is good for 88 colours, but the product itself it not very good.

on 6/24/2010 4:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This Palette is a must as long as you use a good primer underneath the color will stay all day . I would recommend this to anyone who loves mac and can't afford it. It's fantastic :)