Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.3

on 12/13/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This product is highly pigmented and stay on with good eye primers (I use clarins flash balm, topped off with l'oreal nude magique bb, setting loose powder, eyelid primer and cream eyeshadow prior to application), stays on for the whole 12h on my oily lids. I've made some lovely experimentations but in the end find myself reaching for it rather rarely.

I love the oranges for neutralizing my under-eye dark circle prior to garnier roll-on cafeine concealer. Definitely helps it gain extra longevity.

Nowadays I prefer putting some vibrant colors on my lid, blended with naked shade from the naked palette, darkhorse for the crease and creep for the wing. Borderline of vibrant and natural <3

3 years after purchase, just for the sake of updating my review:
I didn't regret buying this back on my beginner make up university days, but after working for a few years and having kids I would've rather invested my money straight on one of the sleek i-divine palettes that suits my complexion (namely sunset palette). I reached out to it way more, with the UDN and cargo warm neutral palette as well. It's alright for experimentation. Goes on buttery creamy but fades after 1-2 hours even with the best of the primers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy using this palette, it gives me tons of colors to play with can create nearly unlimited looks with this. The pigmentation of the shadows is great, and I don't notice much fallout(although it doesn't bother me anyway). Each shadow is about the size of a dime, which although small, is a reasonable size considering how many shadows there are. So overall I really enjoy this palette. And to all of those of you that are complaining about the shimmer in any way, this is the SHIMMER pallet, if you don't like shimmer, why'd you buy it?

on 7/27/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette in a swap and I was kind of nervous because of some of the negative reviews people were saying about it not being good quality, but I beg to differ. This is my new fav. The colors blend nicely. They have good pigmentation. If you tap off your brush first you wont have a problem with fall out, least I dont. I really think this is a good buy and would defiently recommend it.

on 5/26/2011 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love this palette!
So many amazing colors and so many combination options. Great for travel.
I've orderd it about 6 months ago and it looks brand new. Even though I use it almost every day (I have the original 88 palette as well), you can barely see any change in the amount of product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

PALETTE: $19.95
Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette

PROS
-Pigmented!
-Cheap!
-Doesn't fade
-Blends beautifully!

Recommendation: For everyone on a budget!

on 8/15/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not a fan of this palette. The colours are so shimmery and there is a lot of fall-out when you try to put them on your eyes. Also, the glue that holds the little colours in the palette is coming loose and I had to re-glue some back down in place. The price is good for 88 colours, but the product itself it not very good.

on 7/1/2010 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing !! so many colours to choose from and when using it with Urban Decay primer these last all night long <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this palette a lot! It has very nice colors in it though I dont use all the colors (like blue and purple). I will repurchase. The only bad thing was that I had to pay 10 dolors shipping.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

the packaging was great but this palette has very few pigmented colors, the pinks are probally the best colors as well as the purples, colors hardly show up but its a good deal this is def for someone just starting off in makeup..i found this a good use on to doing others makeup..that way u can control the massive fallout of these things!. its a good price. they r abount the size of a dime......

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the ultimate eyeshadow pallette. it has all the colors you need and they're a shimmer so it makes your eyes pop. I use this to create TONS of looks. i absolutely love this pallette.