By Kilian Prelude to Love

By Kilian Prelude to Love
by Kilianby Kilian Travel Spray MixPrelude to love by KilianPrelude to love by Kilian

3.3

on 2/1/2014 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A wonderful hot green scent, like leaves in hot summer sun. No real discernable neroli or orange blossom, but they are present as a smooth background to the spicy green pepper and ginger notes. Iris adds a root and stalk woody note that strengthens as it dries down. Like this one very much. Perhaps it won't be complex or deep enough for an evening scent, but in summer light and crisp is much better.

on 1/19/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am very picky about fragrances. I like single notes (gardenia, pure iso) so my faves prior were Escentric Molecule 01 and 02, and Bond No. 9-Saks For Her. I hardly ever purchase new fragrances and tend to wear the same one for years. This is my new go-to for everyday. It has mystery but it's also clean and lemony. DH likes it, and that's important too. I've had people stop and ask me what I was wearing. It does fade but I feel like everything does (on me at least). Happy about the travel bottle so I can refresh on the go.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

I had ideas for this review, but the reviewer below my nailed it. Desitin. It doesn't smell bad, per se, but once you make a negative scent association, it's all over.

As far as notes, I got lemon, lemon, lemon, pepper, and leather. I could get a tiny bit of iris, but the lemon held on so long the iris was just overwhelmed. Longevity was about 4 hours each time I tried it (did my best to give it a fair shake.)

Absolutely gorgeous packaging.

on 9/5/2009 1:45:00 AM

Quite a bit like Iris Nobile, perhaps a more melancholy version thereof - it's not at all sweet and there's also chilly leather note. The iris is 'preluded' by a parade of juicy lemon(which disappears alomst immediately), citrus leaves and citrus flowers. I think bergamot must be in there too. Iris is the main player of course. There's something synthetic in the base - it could be the way the background leather note was executed or the pink pepper note, which always makes me a little woozy, even though I like the smell itself. So the woozy factor strikes again, and actually makes what should be a more interesting take on an iris-citrus just so-so for me. Too bad these Kilians are so $$$$, and just a little too weak to be called edps. Maybe less could go into the fancy bottle and more into the concentration of ingredients. But alas, I don't see extravagant bottle design going out of style any time soon. Dumbest perfume trend imo.

on 8/9/2009 2:31:00 PM

A fresh, citrusy (bergamot, lemon, mandarin) - floral (neroli, iris, orange blossom, bulgarian rose) with woody-amber notes in the drydown. However, it is predominantly just citrusy on my skin. Not bad, but nothing special.

on 6/21/2009 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Notes: ginger, pepper, neroli, orange blossom, and iris. Perfumer is Calice Becker. I smell light citrus in the beginning and then dries down to a peppery floral. I also smell some green notes. To me, this is a higher quality version of some of the fresh, green fragrances available at department stores. Drydown smells antiseptic to me.

on 5/11/2009 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I found this to be a romantic fresh floral. I enjoyed wearing it and received compliments on it. Unfortunately it just isn't special enough to me to warrant the price so I won't be buying it but I would be happy to be near someone wearing it.

on 10/8/2008 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just a preliminary review: very nice! At one point, I could smell a floral note in it that reminded me of By Kilian's Love. That was really nice, the tie-in to the other fragrance. True, it has a lot of citrus, but it just makes it seem fresh and not as serious as Love. Notes, per The Perfumed Court: bergamot, Seville orange, lemon; ginger, pepper, neroli, orange blossom and Florentine iris. I would only be willing to purchase a decant, however--not a full bottle. I think it's one of the best citrus scents out there.

Popular Fragrances