Essie Big Spender

Essie Big Spender
essie big spender fall 08Essie - Big Spender

4.2

Big Spender is a rich, berry shade with a purple undertone. It has a fantastic formula and could even be worn in one coat if you were in a rush (though you really should always do two coats for a long lasting, and shiny mani). The formula is excellent, opaque, smooth and creamy. It is not overly thick and will not pool into cuticles. This polish has good staying power, lasting around 5 days with base and top coat. I find this to be standard with all Essie polishes however. This colour would be flattering on all skin tones, and especially striking on cooler tones! It is a rich colour, which looks expensive and dries down to a nice, shiny finish. It would be work appropriate whilst also being fun for a weekend or beach trip. It looks equally good as a pedi. I highly recommend this colour for anyone looking for a nice berry to add to their collection. Another hit from Essie.

on 9/30/2016 2:41:00 PM

Very lovely! Essie's Big Spender is a medium shade of violet-berry with a creme finish. It looks great on the nail. Very flattering and fun to wear.

Similar to Deborah Lippmann's Between the Sheets (a favorite of mine), but Big Spender is a slightly deeper and richer-looking shade. It's really quite good.

Excellent formula with this one. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear. Dries to a nice, shiny finish too.

I would absolutely buy this one again. Recommended!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's pink but it's also kinda red, it's bright, but not too bright, it makes an awesome pedicure. What's not to love?

on 10/20/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had a lot of bad experiences with Essie because they are so hit or miss, but this one was a definite hit. The formula is really nice and it lasts a good amount of time on the nails, and it's very opaque, 2 coats is all you need! It's a really beautiful magenta/fuschia color that I think works really well during the fall and winter season.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Add me to the list of fans of Big Spender. I was out for lunch a few weeks ago with a friend and was reaching to get something from my purse when I noticed her toenails and said I loved the colour. She told me it was Essie Big Spender so I picked it up a few days later. I love this on my toes but find it doesn't have the longest wear on my nails and I need 2 coats (and possibly 3) to get an opaque and streak-free result. But I love it and it's worth the little bit of work to apply.

on 3/5/2015 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Big Spender is a cool toned dark fuchsia creme. It has a wonderful formula; it's almost a one coater! Beautiful polish with a fairly quick dry time. I love Essie's small brushes (easy to get close to the sides and cuticles without flooding) and bottle shape.

on 2/14/2015 3:45:00 PM

This is such an amazing polish. It is a deep fuschia pink créme, with a wonderful formula. It goes on flawlessly, and looks great with one or two coats. I love wearing it with a matte top coat for a bit edgier look. I get tons of compliments when wearing it, and it looks great in a shiny or matte finish. It looks best on short-medium length nails, in my opinion. Drying time is good, and without a top coat it looks good for 2-3 days (although I am pretty rouhh on my nails amd do regular vigorous hand washing). LOVE IT

on 11/16/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this color. It's a beautiful berry color. I have dark hands and it looks so good on them. It's all also opaque in only two coats, which is uncommon for essie polishes, but I think the less coats you do the less intense the color. I'm baffled as to how it is a pink on some people but for me looks deep berry, but I find that I have this problem with a lot of essie polishes, where they look one color on most people but for me it looks completely different. Ah well love this color and it is a year round color that you can easily wear any season.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this color. It's probably in my top 5 shades of all time. Big Spender is a rich creamy cool toned deep berry. A perfect shade for all seasons! The formulation is thin and very fluid. Doing my nails with this shade is such a breeze. Also, the color is so saturated, I can get away with just one coat!

on 9/20/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

At 43, I think I can call this my favorite nail polish color of all time. I am not a mani pedi kind of girl. When i do paint my nails it's usually a nude type color or a light cameo rose, just to make my hands look good and "finished". This color is just gorgeous and looks amazing with my fair skin tone and short nails. It is the perfect plummy, violety, reddish pinkish color. Perfect for fall. I agree it looks amazing with just two quick coats, and when I did four coats it transformed into a lush, gorgeous dark magenta/violet. I absolutely love this color and I think it would likely look fantastic on everyone from light to deep skin tones. Love!

Popular Polishes