L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara (Black Brown)

3.7

on 4/27/2009 3:59:00 PM

If I could give this 0 lippies, I would. This is the worst mascara I have ever tried. I agree with the poster that said it made their eyelashes look 'spidery'. It dries so fast that you can't comb through it at all without leaving mascara 'dirt' all over your face. And forget about trying to apply a second coat. It left my lashes feeling dry and brittle.

on 4/2/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I like a softer looking lash and bought this hoping it would be similar to Maybelline's Full 'n Soft (the original formula before they messed it up... why can't companies leave the good ones alone????). Anyway, it is NOTHING like it is advertised. It is NOT natural looking - on the contrary, it is spidery and garish if you apply more than one coat and it is EXTREMELY flaky - the long fibers come off in chunks, the brush is so soft that it won't brush through my already semi-thick lashes, which I'm guessing is a good deal of the problem for me. Maybe this works for someone with more sparse lashes?? Definitely didn't work for me. I keep hoping I can find a drug store brand that will replace my trusty old Full 'n Soft. For now, I am stuck paying for Estee Lauder's More Than Mascara at $21.00 a pop. Anyone have a recommendation??

on 1/2/2009 10:31:00 AM

I really don't understand the great reviews for this mascara. I bought it liking the idea that it would leave my lashes soft and not brittle. But I don't notice any more softness or flexibility than any other mascara. The formula is super thin and goopy at the same time. I get tons of clumps that I have to comb through, and then I'm left with skimpy, sparse-looking lashes. They don't look natural at all, they look spidery and ridiculous.

I like the animal print packaging, but that's about it. For "natural" lashes I'll go back to Estee Lauder and for lush lashes I'll use Neutrogena Healthy Volume. But I will not be buying this again.

on 11/16/2008 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my new HG mascara. I was previously using Neutrogena Healthy Volume and it was pretty good, but tended to flake and smudge by the end of the day. Not this one it stays all day no flaking or smudging looks almost the same 8-10 hours after I apply it. The only complaints I have (2 small ones) are it does tend to get clumpy after a few weeks, and the brush wand is a little flimsy. I do tend to wipe of the excess prior to use. Other than that is a perfect match for my very light blonde eyelashes. It gives great volume and length. I am a little scared that once this mineral/natural make up kick runs it course they will discontinue it.
**UPDATE** This stuff was great but after a few weeks it changes and makes my lashes clumpy and spidery. Not too concerned about them discontinuing it now.

This is my go-to mascara. I have the kind of features that don't look nice with lots of makeup, so when I discovered a mascara that would look natural, of course I jumped on it. Only one layer is needed. Any more brushing than that and the mascara feels fake and lumpy.

PROS: VERY natural. Pretty inexpensive. Washes off easily when removing. Brush is pretty easy to use. Tube is decent size for storage in purse, etc.

CONS: Flaked kinda easy. A little too natural for me.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on MUCH longer without flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: Milani's Runway Lashes gives me gorgeous length/volume (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. If you already have pretty good lashes (don't need much help), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

This is a decent mascara. I got this dirt cheap, so I wasn't expecting a lot to begin with. It's not too volume-y, but fluffs up the lashes decently enough. No flakes or irritation, and it's nice that it has some natural ingredients. I wouldn't repurchase just because there are so many other mascaras out there that do the job equally well or better. But if you find this on sale/cheap...it's worth a try.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this mascara! I bought this product because i wanted something more natural. I did not clump for me and i like the results it gave. I already have long eyelashes so using this didn't seem over exagerating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this mascara. I have been looking for a reasonably priced, mostly naturally derived mascara and got excited when I saw some good reviews for this one. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations. It's not a terrible mascara IMO, just so-so. The good: I like that the formula is very smooth, and glides right through the lashes. The brush is nice and soft also. It never irritates my eyes (unusual for mascara) and washes off easily. The bad: It flakes. Every time I wear it. This is a pet peeve of mine with mascara and is the reason I usually go for water proof. Also, I agree with other reviewers that it gives spider lashes, and it dries before you can separate them. Annoying. I think that if L'oreal came out with a water proof version of this mascara I would try it, but I won't repurchase the regular Bare Naturale. The search for a good natural mascara continues . .

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint alot better. This mascara seems to clump easily and be sort of goopy. Maybe I just put too much on the brush and went over my lashes too much. Yeah it does give you a natural look, but I overall prefer the clean lash tint more.