Guerlain Gourmand Coquin

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Guerlain Gourmand Coquin

4.8

I love this perfume the longevity is amazing this stay on the skin forever. It is a really sweet perfume, the Chocolate note dominate for the first hours and then the rum, vanilla and spices take a little over. I do not smell any rose (notes given by Guerlain) for those who do not like gourmand perfume stay away but a definite buy for those who love vanilla and heady perfume. Sillage is also high!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail scent- and trust me, I have tried MANY scents and have searched for them in vain until I ordered a few decants of this beautiful liquid, I am someone who loves gourmands and has looked for the perfect gourmand. I have tried everything from low-end colognes from K-Mart to popular ones like Jessica Simpson to Bath and Body Works to Victoria's Secret to Gucci and Thierry Mugler... yes, the list embarrassingly goes on and on, and so does the thinning of my wallet.

This perfume has notes of rum, chocolate, spices, vanilla, and rose... but the notes themselves merely describe how deep and gorgeous this perfume is. It is the only perfume that has received compliments on my skin. It does not have an artificial vanilla or strong alcohol scent like many others do. It smells sweet, but not too sweet, and not food-y at the same time. It smells like sweet, lush vanilla, chocolate and rum on me but also a little powdery without being too strong and overbearing. I have finished up at least decants and am saving to finally have a full bottle someday. It is appropriate for a young woman but also a more mature one because it doesn't smell like cheap floral-candy. I can't describe it wellvenough; you must try it yourself!

on 5/16/2013 6:35:00 PM

I like Gourmand Coquin. I like the nose, the idea behind it, the delicious gourmand it is on others. Unfortunately, it doesn't reveal its entire beauty on my skin. A rich opening with rum and some (little) spice, a delicious scent like a rich biscuit and then dang, makeup. Wafts of gourmand notes from time to time, but on skin, a tired amber or tobacco. My skin eats this up. I'm kind of sad about this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells sooooo good!! It is warm and chocolate-y. It does not last as long as the Angelique Noire on me though. This and Angelique Noire are my current favorite scents!

on 11/11/2010 8:27:00 PM

I am in love with this fragrance. Generally not a fan of Guerlain fragrances, but i have sample sprays of this and the Oriental Brulant, and just can't stop smelling my wrists when i have either on nor keep the bf at a distance. I am more partial to this one and while it doesn't have the lasting power of some of my other perfumes, its intoxicating scent is persuading me to acquire a bottle despite the outrageous pricetag, but hopefully santa will deliver.

on 4/14/2010 8:55:00 PM

Bought this fragrance last October. Have worn it almost every day since, and love it now as much as the day I brought it home. Chocolate, rum, vanilla, and pepper... it was love at first sniff. It does remind me ever so slightly of Pink Sugar, but it is a much more complex scent in comparison which lingers throughout the day. I will repurchase in a heartbeat when I run out.

on 5/2/2009 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Tried this at the Guerlain boutique at Epcot Florida this past week and it's wonderful! First on it smells like Christmas rum balls: Rum, spice and chocolate. It dries down to a much milder tobacco, faint spice, wood scent with just a touch of sweet. It's lovely and also delicious and yes, very gourmand. The price is a bit steep as with all of this type. It you like Aomassai, you should probably try this one, too, as they're almost kissing cousins. Yum.

on 3/29/2009 12:49:00 AM

I like the last to review this, went to the boutique for the newest, La Petit Robe Noir. The Vegas boutique did have the La Petit Noir but on the same display, the new collection. As much as I liked and wanted the LPRN, once I had this in my hand, all was forgotten! I did not want to like it for the chocolate note. I dont' like chocolate notes that are prominant. And at first, I did detect chocolate. But once on my skin, the chocolate was slight and only lasted a few minutes. All that was left, and for 9hrs I must say, was a soft delicate, very feminine, and only so very slightly sweet. I LOVE gourmand's and I may have to say, this may be the best I have found yet. I did not hesitate to spend the extra $$$ on this. I was already prepared to spend $150 on the LPNR and that once was half the size. With the staying power of this decadant elixir, it will be worth the cost since it shoudl last a very long time!

Popular Fragrances