Prestige eyeshadow in Golden Retriever

Enter TitleEnter TitlePrestigeGoldenRetrieverMACGoldmineCGCaramelKiss

4.6

on 1/22/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A limerick review for Prestige's Golden Retriever.

Fun metallic shadows all have their place,
So I went with this for a nice change of pace.
This is quite a nice gold,
Fits skin tones warm/cold,
Just make sure you're okay with a dog on your face.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful gold colour that is relatively inexpensive. I've been using this for several years. Amazing texture. Although it is the sort of shadow that will literally suit everyone, i have to say, this does great things for browns esp. I have brown eyes and this is perfect to bring them out. It looks good with purples, blues, browns. You can use it all by itself for a nice look. I think this with blue mascara is a cute look. Everybody else has described the colour in detail... I just wanted to list some eyeshadow combos this will look good in, in case anybody is at a loss. I saw a great reviewer do this in some mac reviews, (she hs a site called macshadowcombos.com if u wanna see the pics to go with the suggestions)
and found it beyond helpful so i though i'd pay it forward, with cheaper products :) mua is a great resource n sharing ground for these things...
By itself, and dark or bright blue eyeliner. alternatively, mac tilt along crease, this all over lid, dark blue or purple (i use a nameless one by EL) to deepen crease n along lower lashline.
Mac stars n rocket all over lid, mac cranberry in crease/outer v, GR in middle to inner corner of lid.
Orange shadow (i hav a nameless one by mikyajy) to crease, GR on lid, and light yellowish highlighter colour on inner corners.
Blackish reddish colour on outer 3rd of lid (i use the definer shade frm wet n wild comfort zone), mac antiqued or patina on inside n middle of lid, GR dabbed on the middle to inner corners.
Mac cranberry on outer v, gr on outer third of lid, up to outer v. Mac vanilla or WnW brulee or any whitish matte blended on middle lid to inner corners.
Dark green all over lid. (i use bella pierre's but u cn use wever u hav) and lower lashline. Lighter green from crease and blended outwards till it's almost on brow bone. GR on middle to inner corners.
Smudged out black liner (eg mac smoulder)...GR on top (with a wettened eyeliner brush), lined across. simple but effective
A black shadow in crease, star violet by mac (or any mauve-y purple) below to add dimension to crease, prestige shadow from inner corner to middle... Blend so it melds with the purplish pinkish colour.
Dark brown all over lid, till crease, prestige GR in middle to add dimension, and a warm highlighter colour in inner corners.
Mac club in outer V, extended out slightly. Patina beneath crease, all over lid, GR in middle to inner corners.
Mac expensive pink all over lid beneath crease, prestige golden retreiver from middle to outer v, lots of black eyeliner (with liquid, winged out a bit, this will b soo cute).
U should just play around n not even listen to me. This goes well with soooo many looks!!!

on 3/23/2010 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eye shadow is ridiculous! It's so incredibly smooth and blend-able and pigmented. The staying power is amazing as well. It's a lovely true gold shade, perfect by itself or blending with browns/cranberries.
The price is really cheap, and the quality is way better than any other eye shadow I own (MAC, Urban Decay etc.)
Buy this!

on 7/31/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not much to add that hasn't already been said, although I am probably applying it differently than some...

Gorgeous, true gold; beautifully pigmented, and silky texture. For myself, I line my upper lids with a soft taupe pencil, then use my angled eyeliner brush to apply Golden Retriever over top of the pencil... pretty close to the lashline.

Pair it with a deep black mascara, and it makes my blue eyes sparkle and pop, while maintaining essentially a "nude eye." Wonderful, wonderful stuff...!

on 9/10/2006 6:00:00 PM

I normally keep far far away from most drugstore brands when it comes to eyeshadows, but after reading the rave reviews on this Prestige shadow, I knew I had to try it out. This almost metallic looking orange-y gold looks like what would happen if MACs Goldmine and Amber Lights eyeshadows ever got together and had a baby. This texture and pigmentation of this is beyond awesome. It applies very evenly and fairly vibrantly. And mannn does it blend like a dream! No chalkiness or harsh lines. Ive been using this with Urban Decay Honey Deluxe eyeshadow and MACs Earthly Delight. Good stuff! This is seriously better than a good portion of my MAC eyeshadows. :X Would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.

on 9/10/2009 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Thanks to the stellar reviews I saw here, I bought this and am very happy with my purchase :) This is so pigmented, its crazy and the color is beautiful. A great everyday alternative to bronze or brown, and very easy to glam up. Lots of product for the money, $3.50, found this at Rite Aid. The picture I uploaded is just this shadow on lids, matte white under brow bone, black ELF eyeliner and Full n Soft black mascara. Will be buying more Prestige for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PRODUCT: Single eyeshadow from Prestige

COLOR: Golden Retriever

COST: $ 3.79

DISCRIPTION: Shimmering deep bronzed gold

PIGMENT: Great. The texture of this eyeshadow is really nice and smooth.

SMELL: None

CONTAINER: A round eyeshadow single.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes! A MAC Honey Lust Dupe!

on 7/1/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this eyeshadow! It's a lovely gold, similar to Urban Decay's Half Baked. It has such a smooth texture and wears well. I was skeptical of Prestige e/s at first, but I was so wrong!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

If you love gold eyeshadow, you may want this drugstore gem. . If Urban Decay Half Baked was too yellow and made you look sickly, you might want to try this. It is very similar to Urban Decay Half Baked but pulls less yellow and applies more smoothly too. I'm NC40-42 and it's gorgeous with a dark matte brown in my outer v. I have a ton of eyeshadows and this is definitely one of the prettiest on me. I'm impressed with how pigmented and smooth it is as well.

on 4/27/2011 1:23:00 PM

This is a very pigmented eyeshadow. The color is gorgeous. However, I found that I can only use a tiny bit of it at a time because it clashes horribly against my fair skin. I think this is due to my cool/neutral undertones. Since this is a true gold/coppery shadow, it does not flatter my complexion. I still find ways to use it. I would use it more if I could. It's a great product and I really wish it would look right on me :(