Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/8/2003 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm never buying dollar store lipstick again, unless it's from one of the bigger brands. As usual, this was waxy, hard, and smelled awful. I bought a cocoa color that turned muddy orange on me.

on 8/3/2009 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the color code 179 -All Spicy..So damn cheap, but it wasn't something that i was looking for in a quality. So dry, it cracked on my lips, not a comfortable feeling. I only bought it for make-up practice at my course, but for daily wear, definitely not

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read the reviews here for Jordana lipstick and went to Kmart to buy it. Well, I loved it so much I went back the next day for more and today (so 3rd day in a row) I went to a different store to get even more (FoodMaxx)! The lipsticks were $1.19 so I went wild and I am sooooo glad! These lipstick are the best ever! I cannot believe the high quality of them. I bought a mixture of the mattes (which are near to impossible to find in a drug store) and the regular ones. I love them all!! I highly, highly recommend these. Both regular and matte have have excellent pigmentation, lasting color that doesn't fade, and really look high quality on the lips. I can almost promise you that if someone applied these to your face and you didn't see the label, you would vote they were $25+ lip colors!

I hate to admit it, but I like these way, way better than my Mac ones! I find them to be superior in how they look and apply, especially the matte ones b/c wow, the Mac ones drag on application. Almost torture! I think that the Jordana Pink Passion (matte) is a near dupe for Mac Nicki Minaj! I love retro looking colors and if you do, too, you HAVE to get the matte one in Tangerine Tango! I actually bought the Mac RiRi Woo to wear to my upcoming graduation and now.... I think I am going to wear this one. It takes the cake!

Others I bought are Holiday Red (not a true red but pretty), Cherry Pie (also not a true red but pretty, a bit more shear in formula), Hollywood Red (to me is a dupe for Revlon's Cherries in the Snow), Terra Cotta (very pretty, sort of neutral, bronze-reddish, very wearable color), Simply Natural (nice neutral but not dead looking color/muted apricot/fleshy), Pink flair (also reminds me of a Nicki Minaj Mac but toned down), and Mystery (a really lovely dark pink/berry color I think a lot of people would enjoy).

The packaging is.... not that great but on the other hand, I don't really care about it and I don't think they look horrible.

One thing I was confused about is that they have a matte and regular collection in two different packaging (one collection comes in a clear tube and the other collection comes in a traditional looking tube. The collections, as far as I can see, do not have the same colors. I can't figure out what the difference between the two packaging types are, but both carry a regular and matte selection and the quality is the same across the board.) Went on the Jordana website, but still couldn't see/find the difference.

I love they are made in the USA and at such a low, low, low cost. Jordana cosmetics overall really show that you can still find high quality, low cost products made in the America!

I think Jordana should make more colors. Many are very, very dark looking and I passed on those. Jordana overall is a fanastic brand that I only recently found out about. I have been so pleased with them! I was hesitant at first because I thought that at such a low cost they would be really horrible, but I was wrong.

These don't really have a strong taste but they smell like watermelon. Exactly like the Milani lipsticks.

Please give these a try!! I think you will be delighted and you will enjoy them the same if not more than your high end ones! I know I do! These are now my best kept beauty bargain!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

When I first saw how cheap this brand lipstick was selling for, I was very skeptical. But I soon got over all the doubt. I love it! I picked up mine in the color Pretty Pink. It looks awesome and matches my complexion so well. I'm thinking about going back and purchasing pink luster. I've never been a fan of lipstick, but this fits so well I'm tempted. It also goes on really smooth, it moisturizes and lasts on my lips like forever. Mine is in regular

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

here in nz u can find jordana at two-dollar shops everywhere! since im nt realli a big lipstick person (i mean, wats da point of puttin sumthin on dats gona cme off so easily n its jst a hassle havin 2 reapply every 10mins lol), i wasnt quite keen 2 folk ot n get mac lipsticks or even revlon 4 dat matter (as revlons kinda expensive here).wen i was checkin ot da jordana stand i was amazed at hw many nice colors thr wer! i restraind myself frm gettin all da shades i lyk at once (altho i am totally goin bak n gettin dem all), i pickd up honey sugar n honey spice. Dey r very similiar in shades, both r of a realli nice nudey color (my kinda lip look!), but sugar honeys mre matt n sugar spice has mre shimmer in it. seriously dey both look so nice on n can b worn everyday or 2 parties paired wif nice eye make up. i no sum ppl always say dat dey r kinda dryin however i always apply a lip balm underneath so it has never bn a problem 4 me. plus lately i am kinda keen 2 melt a bit of da lipstik n mix it wif a lip balm n make my own tintd lip balm as i reckn its gona look so pretty n i will def get mre use outta it. in terms of da scent, it smells realli lipstick-y if dat makes any sorta sense at all, bt u cn hardly smell it wen its on ur lips. dey r just so flatterin n nice! oh n sumhw dey make ur lips look really full 2 which is randm lol

on 3/7/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i bought my first tube of jordana lipstick yesterday and i am in love! at first when i put on the lipstick it was a little cakey, but then i took it off and then applied some lip balm first and it worked wonderfully. they come a different array of colors and at only 1 dollar a piece, so i going back to get more!

_______

i got myself more colors in nude, natural, malibu, barely pink and pink passion and i am in love with all the colors!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love Jordana lipsticks! I'm definitely a lipstick girl and I adore that Jordana has a huge color selection for a wonderful price (US$1 each). The texture is not so creamy or moisturizing, but still quite nice, that's why I always use lipbalm before applying these lippies. I find them to be long lasting, too. Some of my favorite shades are Persimmon, 18 Karat, Pink Brown, Mauve, Natural, Sea Pearl, Maple Sugar, Matte 5th Avenue, Buff, Bahama Bronze, among others. I plan on getting more, so many shades to choose from and great quality for what you pay!