Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yesterday my friend (asian skin) bought the colour All Spicy and it looked great on her. I loved the colour so I bought that one as well (very white skin) and it looked treating me too! It was smooth and moisturizing. I ended up buying the colours Mango and Holiday Red as well and they all look great. Holiday Red is very pigmented, Mango is medium pigmentation, and All Spicy is kind of sheer but it still shows. They are all very shimmery. They smell overwhelmingly like watermelon at first but during wear they smell like Sweet Tarts or candy. Best of all it was only $2! :D My friend got the colour Amber too and it is very pigmented as well, but they all look nice. I love them! I would definitely recommend and repurchase these lipsticks. My new favourites!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read the reviews here for Jordana lipstick and went to Kmart to buy it. Well, I loved it so much I went back the next day for more and today (so 3rd day in a row) I went to a different store to get even more (FoodMaxx)! The lipsticks were $1.19 so I went wild and I am sooooo glad! These lipstick are the best ever! I cannot believe the high quality of them. I bought a mixture of the mattes (which are near to impossible to find in a drug store) and the regular ones. I love them all!! I highly, highly recommend these. Both regular and matte have have excellent pigmentation, lasting color that doesn't fade, and really look high quality on the lips. I can almost promise you that if someone applied these to your face and you didn't see the label, you would vote they were $25+ lip colors!

I hate to admit it, but I like these way, way better than my Mac ones! I find them to be superior in how they look and apply, especially the matte ones b/c wow, the Mac ones drag on application. Almost torture! I think that the Jordana Pink Passion (matte) is a near dupe for Mac Nicki Minaj! I love retro looking colors and if you do, too, you HAVE to get the matte one in Tangerine Tango! I actually bought the Mac RiRi Woo to wear to my upcoming graduation and now.... I think I am going to wear this one. It takes the cake!

Others I bought are Holiday Red (not a true red but pretty), Cherry Pie (also not a true red but pretty, a bit more shear in formula), Hollywood Red (to me is a dupe for Revlon's Cherries in the Snow), Terra Cotta (very pretty, sort of neutral, bronze-reddish, very wearable color), Simply Natural (nice neutral but not dead looking color/muted apricot/fleshy), Pink flair (also reminds me of a Nicki Minaj Mac but toned down), and Mystery (a really lovely dark pink/berry color I think a lot of people would enjoy).

The packaging is.... not that great but on the other hand, I don't really care about it and I don't think they look horrible.

One thing I was confused about is that they have a matte and regular collection in two different packaging (one collection comes in a clear tube and the other collection comes in a traditional looking tube. The collections, as far as I can see, do not have the same colors. I can't figure out what the difference between the two packaging types are, but both carry a regular and matte selection and the quality is the same across the board.) Went on the Jordana website, but still couldn't see/find the difference.

I love they are made in the USA and at such a low, low, low cost. Jordana cosmetics overall really show that you can still find high quality, low cost products made in the America!

I think Jordana should make more colors. Many are very, very dark looking and I passed on those. Jordana overall is a fanastic brand that I only recently found out about. I have been so pleased with them! I was hesitant at first because I thought that at such a low cost they would be really horrible, but I was wrong.

These don't really have a strong taste but they smell like watermelon. Exactly like the Milani lipsticks.

Please give these a try!! I think you will be delighted and you will enjoy them the same if not more than your high end ones! I know I do! These are now my best kept beauty bargain!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love Jordana lipsticks! I'm definitely a lipstick girl and I adore that Jordana has a huge color selection for a wonderful price (US$1 each). The texture is not so creamy or moisturizing, but still quite nice, that's why I always use lipbalm before applying these lippies. I find them to be long lasting, too. Some of my favorite shades are Persimmon, 18 Karat, Pink Brown, Mauve, Natural, Sea Pearl, Maple Sugar, Matte 5th Avenue, Buff, Bahama Bronze, among others. I plan on getting more, so many shades to choose from and great quality for what you pay!

on 9/16/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought several of these lipsticks. The texture is nice, but I haven't yet found a color that is right for me. I want to review the colors that I bought

Coco malt. This is a brownish color, It is frosty (shiny)

chestnut This is also a brownish color. it is less frosty than coco malt, but is still frosty (shiny)

terra cotta - this is a reddish color. im very conservative and this is too red for me.

Natural - this is a light cool pink color (i am warm toned)

taupe (matte) (gold tone case) - this has a reddish color and is a bit too dark for me (i am fair skinned and conservative)

the textures of these lipsticks are good. its a matter of finding the right color. The price of these is right.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the Matte and the regular Jordana:

This is incredibly unflattering if you're a little (ahem) older. I'm a fairly well-preserved forty-something (very few lip lines) thanks to a complete inability to tan and a lot of Retin-A from an early age because of acne, and...well...these are a resoundingly ugly, "No."

My absolute favorite cheap lippies are New York Color (the 97 cent kind), and I was replacing them because my NYC stash is a year and a half old, and I'm trying to avoid putting germ-bombs on or near my forty-something gums.

Not this, though. It looks really, really unflattering. Back to the grocery for more NYC or the regular Jordana, which I have reviewed below.

Review for the Regular Jordana lipstick, not the Matte:

Amazing colors, moisturizing, and very pretty, even on mid-forty lips. The smell is like you're eating sweet tarts, and it stings a little, though. I bought the "Grape", and it's the right kind of pinky purple for very pale skin. It's very flattering. Overall, I'd rebuy and wear these happily.

on 3/2/2011 12:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Jordana's lipstick is great & comes in great colors - some are pretty unusual, too, which I really like. The color on your mouth is the color in the tube, which is also rather unusual.
They generally stay put for aeons, but some are a bit dry & stiff.
Rosette (#050) is one of my faves. It's a shrill & wonderful pink that stays on all night, so I don't mind at all that it's sort of dry.

I love them - I get at least a couple every time I visit the dollar store!

on 2/19/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I am reviewing the color Cranberry Mix. This is really quite nice. So, the packaging is cheap plastic, but the product itself is quite good--a pearly cream lipstick with a fairly heavy, not glossy-feeling, texture. There is a strong berry-like scent I don't particularly like, but I can live with it. The lipstick itself is richly pigmented. It is a medium-toned plummy red with a fine shimmer. I have rather lined, perpetually chapped lips, so I need to have my lips in pretty good condition for this to look its best. It's pretty intense full strength--good for a night out. But while I like bright colors, I'm sort of an actual wimp wearing bright colors on my face, so I blot this so it has more of a stain effect. This is my first Jordana lipstick and I am pretty pleased with it.

on 2/28/2009 12:15:00 AM

This is a decent lipstick at an excellent price. The color range is surprisingly good. I bought Nude and Black, the latter for Halloween, but it is somewhat sheer and if you blot and apply a gloss over the top you can get an effect very much like Clinique Black Honey. The texture is all right; it's a good idea to prep with a balm. This lipstick does have a noticeable, powdery smell - less offensive though, IMO, than L'Oreal Coleur Riche lipstick.

I own like 15+ Jordana lippies. I think they are great quality for the price.They come in a huge variety of colors in CREAM and FROST finishes.Yes, they are dry, but wearing lipbalm underneath helps a lot. The price is great, and I think the packaging isn't as bad, yeah, it looks cheap, but it's also convenient.The cap is clear and closes tightly, which makes these lipsticks purse safe and easy to find a certain color. They do have a strange smell, not as strong as L'Oreal lippies, but stronger than Rimmel. But for some reason I can tolerate it. Unlike the smell of Rimmel lipsticks that makes me sick. This is a great buy, and I plan to buy many more colors.

on 12/30/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I know, I know - this is a cheap drug store product and it does not have the same sex appeal as a gorgeous Dior lipstick, but then it does not cost $$$. Some colors are very beautiful and surprisingly, have a very decent staying power.
I was traveling and had a ‘makeup emergency’ and no time to get to a department store and the weather was nasty … Luckily, I remembered all the wonderful and oh, so cheap Jordana eye shadows and the drugstore was right there. With only 88 cents to loose, this was an easy choice. Well, I really like it now and will continue using it along with all my expensive lipsticks.