Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

4.2

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

I recently repurchased this cleanser, and I am loving it again. I am the type to have to try everything, like I can't just stick to certain things, I think it's because I get bored of stuff easily. but anyways this is a really good, basic cleanser, it will remove traces of makeup after your first cleansing step. this will not remove a full face. this was around $7 at CVS, and you get a lot of product for your money. if u have up to combo skin, you will like this cleanser, it won't dry you out too much, also another reviewer said it helps a little with some breakouts and I find it true too because I have 2 pimples already decrease in size

Not a fan of this cleanser. I usually use the deep clean foaming cleanser (even though it is very drying) and I thought I would try this as it is not foaming so figured it might be gentler on my skin. First thing is, it burns like no tomorrow!!!! The menthol in it is a cooling/burning effect on my skin and if you get it any where near your eyes be prepared to feel the burning there too! Barely used much of it and feel like I've wasted money but will not be able to continue using.

CONS:

* Didn't deep clean my pores as much as I would like and didn't really feel like i was getting a good clean with it
* Burns like a mother*******! makes my eyes water if it gets near them too

PROS:

* Lathers ok for a cream cleanser and it is what I expected
* Feels hydrating and creamy after washed off (unsure if too greasy or not as I didn't use many times)

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/7/2016 12:40:00 AM

I've been using this face wash for 4 years now. I'm so glad they haven't changed it after all this time! When I use it, it gets off all of my makeup and it feels and smells amazing.

I tried switching to another neutrogena face wash, and i still have the full bottle because I immediately went back to this cream one.

Neutrogena really aced production with this one!
Go buy it :) xo

on 7/29/2015 4:46:00 PM

I liked this one better than original gel cleanser. This was quite calming and gentle on my skin unlike the original gel cleanser which was irritating. This cream cleanser kept my skin clear without overdrying, which is important, because when it is overdrying, I tend to breka out more.
I would repurchase this and have used about 3-4 tubes. My brother loves this cleanser too although he has normal and perfect skin. (no acne, no pore, no shine, no dryness)

on 4/29/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Firstly, I love this cleanser! I've been using it forever :)

I started using this to clean up my acne, and even though this cleanser doesn't specify it's for acne, I really think it is and that it may be too harsh/strong for people who don't have acne concerns and sensitive skin. My acne is pretty average, I don't get it that bad, thankfully, but when I did start breaking out, I picked up this and it really helped me out!
You can get this stuff almost anywhere, drugstores, walmart, etc. and it's super affordable, I can get it on sale for 7.99, not bad.
The smell isn't exactly fruit or floral or pleasant, but not unpleasant, just smells like face wash.
When my skin is really bad, I wash my face for about 30 seconds, then leave it on my skin, kind of like a mask, for another 30 seconds, I really like doing this because I think this lets the cleanser kind of focus and concentrate on getting into the skin. It definitely feels like a deep clean, so you get that tingly, harsh kind of sensation, and sometimes i'll only leave it on my face for an extra 15-20 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Rinsing it off after leaving it on for a while is a really great fresh and awakening sensation and my face feels nice and cool and clean afterwards. It can feel a but drying, but not a concern because I moisturize after. I use it daily, twice a day, and it works great for me.

Overall, this is a great, cheap cleanser that has a great amount of power !

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I broke out with painful pimples on the sides of my cheeks and on my forehead after using this. It was harsh and drying on my skin. After I stopped using this and continued with my regular routine my skin went back to normal after a few weeks.

on 4/20/2015 11:53:00 PM

Love this cleanser! Use with my olay pro x :)

love this! it cleans well and doesn't leave my face tight and dry

on 10/16/2013 7:23:00 AM

I really, really like this cleanser. I have combination skin (oily to very oily in the T-zone, normal to slightly dry on the cheeks, depending on the season). After only two weeks of using this every day, my skin has noticeably improved - it looks smoother, clearer and brighter. I also think that my pores look smaller. I have been using Philosophy products for several years and was very happy with them, but they are expensive - this does the job at a much lower price.

on 4/9/2013 9:21:00 AM

I had been using Paulas Choice for years on my sensitive combo skin. The past year my face had gone downhill fast. Scars, lots of bumps, white heads under the skin, blackheads etc. PC's 2% BHA was doing nothing. I was diagnosed with Sebaceous hyperplasia on top of it all. One day I looked really closely in a magnifying mirror after cleansing and realized my PC cleanser was doing NOTHING. My pores were so clogged. I quickly looked on here for a decent cleanser I could buy locally and this product rated in the 80% would use again with a good number of reviews. Ran to the drugstore and picked it up that day. Washed my face once and the difference in that mirror was huge. Pores were actually clear! No wonder my face was going downhill, my cleanser was doing nothing and the BHA's were unable to help. I have been using this cleanser now for over a week. My face is clearing up a lot. Bumps I thought would never go away are clearing up. Little whiteheads are disappearing, even the ones under the skin. Blackheads are clearing up. I am very very pleased. I do have 2 cons. One is the smell. Kind of icky. But I can deal since the results are worth it. The other is that it is drying. I am careful to moisturize really well. But with my combo skin and moving into summer I expect that will not be an issue soon.