Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

4.2

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I am going to start off by saying, that I had bought this cleanser in December 2016. At that time, I began training for my up and coming lacrosse season. Since I am attending highschool, treating my acne and acne scars is one of my top skin care concerns. Therefore, I was searching for a product that would help keep my pores clean. From late December to early May, I have been using this product, both mornings and night. In this period, I have noticed that my acne scars from my past breakouts had become smaller and lighter. However, I would not give this product all the credit. During this same period, I had become more physically active. Meaning, I had been drinking more water, eating more healthy, and basically being more healthy than I normally am.

I gave this cleanser 3 (I wish I could give it a 3.5 actually) lipsticks SOLEY because although your skin feels very clean after one use, it does not do a well of a job getting off all the makeup you have on. I would sometimes have to use this product a second time just to get off my concealer under my eyes. Other than that I would have given this product top stars.

This cleanser does have a cooling effect when you massage it well onto your face. But doesn't leave your face dry.
I have oily skin, so I found this product to be great for washing away the makeup I had applied and the oil that had built up throughout the day.
It is also not a thick creamy cleanser, it's very very slightly liquidy and lightweight. And it is also easy to apply on your face. I have a Sephora silicone brush pad that I use with this to help massage it onto my face. But I have also just used my hands and both work just fine, Though, I find the brush pad to be more useful (because of all of the makeup it fails to remove).
I found the packaging to be perfecting fine. It was not hard to open. Closing after every use is easy and seals perfectly.

FIRST TIME USE
When I first used this product, I was surprised by how my skin felt afterward. I felt like I did not need to use a moisturizer. (PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MOISTURIZER EVEN THOUGH IT FEELS LIKE YOU DO NOT NEED IT!!) My skin felt very refreshed which is perfect for waking up or after having a long day. One thing I was really worried about was that it would make my skin appear more oily for a few days since sometimes trying new products can cause a short time reaction, But lucky that was not the case. I had no crazy breakouts or abnormally oily appearance when starting this product.

I would like to say that this product really did not do much for my acne nor my scars since after my lacrosse season. My acne scars have not faded since and my acne has not disappeared or changed much. I am still using this product but I will be looking into others. I have re-bought this product a few times after my first purchase, so yes I will continue to purchase this again that is until I find another one. However, I would prefer a cleanser that takes off all my makeup in one go, leaves me a clean refresh feel and does treat my acne a bit.

on 7/4/2017 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

With each use of this cleanser my face looks brighter and I feel that the pores on my cheeks and around my nose are noticeably smaller. Bumps on the outer parts around my faces have flattened and my skin is more noticeably even. When I use toner on a cotton pad there is never any left over dirt from my skin. Even if I don't use a face brush or tool to clean my face this cleanser really does deep clean with just using fingers. I’ve noticed foundation makeup blends more seamlessly into my skin and when applying highlighter there is a lot less texture on my skin. Since this was only $4 I will be repurchasing in the future.

I like this cleanser. I have oily skin so I think this was too much for the summertime but during the winter months this is great. Creamy and minty and leaves skin tingly clean.

Not a fan of this cleanser. I usually use the deep clean foaming cleanser (even though it is very drying) and I thought I would try this as it is not foaming so figured it might be gentler on my skin. First thing is, it burns like no tomorrow!!!! The menthol in it is a cooling/burning effect on my skin and if you get it any where near your eyes be prepared to feel the burning there too! Barely used much of it and feel like I've wasted money but will not be able to continue using.

CONS:

* Didn't deep clean my pores as much as I would like and didn't really feel like i was getting a good clean with it
* Burns like a mother*******! makes my eyes water if it gets near them too

PROS:

* Lathers ok for a cream cleanser and it is what I expected
* Feels hydrating and creamy after washed off (unsure if too greasy or not as I didn't use many times)

on 5/7/2016 12:40:00 AM

I've been using this face wash for 4 years now. I'm so glad they haven't changed it after all this time! When I use it, it gets off all of my makeup and it feels and smells amazing.

I tried switching to another neutrogena face wash, and i still have the full bottle because I immediately went back to this cream one.

Neutrogena really aced production with this one!
Go buy it :) xo

I recently repurchased this cleanser, and I am loving it again. I am the type to have to try everything, like I can't just stick to certain things, I think it's because I get bored of stuff easily. but anyways this is a really good, basic cleanser, it will remove traces of makeup after your first cleansing step. this will not remove a full face. this was around $7 at CVS, and you get a lot of product for your money. if u have up to combo skin, you will like this cleanser, it won't dry you out too much, also another reviewer said it helps a little with some breakouts and I find it true too because I have 2 pimples already decrease in size

on 7/29/2015 4:46:00 PM

I liked this one better than original gel cleanser. This was quite calming and gentle on my skin unlike the original gel cleanser which was irritating. This cream cleanser kept my skin clear without overdrying, which is important, because when it is overdrying, I tend to breka out more.
I would repurchase this and have used about 3-4 tubes. My brother loves this cleanser too although he has normal and perfect skin. (no acne, no pore, no shine, no dryness)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I broke out with painful pimples on the sides of my cheeks and on my forehead after using this. It was harsh and drying on my skin. After I stopped using this and continued with my regular routine my skin went back to normal after a few weeks.

on 4/20/2015 11:53:00 PM

Love this cleanser! Use with my olay pro x :)

on 4/29/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Firstly, I love this cleanser! I've been using it forever :)

I started using this to clean up my acne, and even though this cleanser doesn't specify it's for acne, I really think it is and that it may be too harsh/strong for people who don't have acne concerns and sensitive skin. My acne is pretty average, I don't get it that bad, thankfully, but when I did start breaking out, I picked up this and it really helped me out!
You can get this stuff almost anywhere, drugstores, walmart, etc. and it's super affordable, I can get it on sale for 7.99, not bad.
The smell isn't exactly fruit or floral or pleasant, but not unpleasant, just smells like face wash.
When my skin is really bad, I wash my face for about 30 seconds, then leave it on my skin, kind of like a mask, for another 30 seconds, I really like doing this because I think this lets the cleanser kind of focus and concentrate on getting into the skin. It definitely feels like a deep clean, so you get that tingly, harsh kind of sensation, and sometimes i'll only leave it on my face for an extra 15-20 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Rinsing it off after leaving it on for a while is a really great fresh and awakening sensation and my face feels nice and cool and clean afterwards. It can feel a but drying, but not a concern because I moisturize after. I use it daily, twice a day, and it works great for me.

Overall, this is a great, cheap cleanser that has a great amount of power !