NARS Isolde Duo

NARS IsoldeNARS Isolde

4.3

on 12/7/2017 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Beautiful colors, they make you look like a golden goddess. However, you will have significant fallout if you are not careful. I would recommend doing the eyes before the face when you are using this eyeshadow.

on 11/18/2016 5:58:00 PM

I have a NARS addiction.. I mean there are worse things right? but I am NOT good at eyeshadow.. like at all. But I just love this (and anything with the name Isolde I'd want to buy lol) my eyes look super green especially w/the lighter copper. I'll never use it up but if I did I would buy again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm NC15 with pale green eyes and blonde hair. I've tried several NARS duos (Kuala Lumpur, Alhambra, Silk Road, etc.) and none of them wowed me. Mostly due to lack of pigment. That is until I tried Isolde and it has blown me away! The pigment is great, the shimmer is fine, and the formula is buttery. I used the lighter shade allover my lid, the darker shade in my crease, and MAC Blanc Type on my brow bone. So pretty! This color would also be amazing on blue eyes as the shades are similar to MAC Amber Lights.

on 6/13/2014 5:17:00 PM

Hands down this is my favorite eye shadow. It makes my green eyes pop!

How I apply: First I apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance and M.A.C Paint Pot in Painterly all over the lid. Then I apply these shades using brushes, and I usually incorporate some darker shades from other palettes to intensify the look.

PROS:
* Stunning colours (especially the darker shade)! I often receive compliments on my eye makeup when I use this duo.
* Fairly pigmented. The lighter shade is a little bit more sheer than the other but still good.
* VERY easy to blend. These are high quality, buttery eye shadows.
* Nice sleek packaging including a mirror.

CONS:
* The two colours are too similar in my opinion. I don't feel that there is enough of a difference between them to create much depth in eye look using them alone.
* Expensive. This product currently retails at AUD $46 at Mecca (a decrease in price from when I purchased it!).

on 11/20/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got this eyeshadow about a year ago, and I've been using it most days since. The copper color is gorgeous, it makes my brown eyes pop. I use the gold color to highlight the middle of my lid. I realize $47 for two colors is ridiculously expensive, but these colors are buttery soft and very pigmented. They don't kick up eyeshadow like the naked palettes do. They blend in so nicely and I'm sure these colors will look so good on so many skintones. This eyeshadow is a staple for me. You can clean nars rubberized packaging with Lysol wipes!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Isolde is a gorgeous duo of golden browns. the website description of these colours is spot on. the lighter colour is this coppery, rosy ginger and the darker colour is a coppery bronze.
the reason these colours are unique in my opinion is because they are so fiery and glowy. it's like the colours are lit from within. i have never seen a gold or brown like this duo before. i feel like it really does wonders for my brown eyes too.
the performance of this duo is excellent. the colours glide on silkily and they last very well. i'm new to NARS and have heard that some duos are very hit and miss. i have a feeling this particular one is by far a hit.
if you do not like warm colours, then this will not be for you. if you do like warm colours, then you won't look back!

on 6/4/2013 4:31:00 PM

To start, as with the rest of NARS' packaging, it gets dirty really easily and shows fingerprints etc.

As for the eyeshadow, it is a copper toned duo and both shadows have excellent pigmentation. These shades don't look the best on my with my fair skin so I apply with a light hand. The lasting power is excellent, they are easily blendable and the texture is smooth and not chalky. I would not repurchase Isolde because the shades aren't well suited for me. When I picked it up in store, they looked more brown.

This is my third Nars eyeshadow duo and my absolute favorite!! It makes great for everyday wear but not boring by any means. It reminds me of a bronze goddess look. The colors are soo gorgeous and the color payoff is excellent! I especially love how easy it is to blend Nars eyeshadows. This is my go-to Nars eyeshadow duo!!

on 3/3/2014 8:44:00 AM

I always wanted NARS Isolde Duo, however, I always felt that I couldn't buy it because it was way too expensive for me. Secondly, I have way too many eye shadows that are similar to Isolde. However, I went to Sephora recently, and the MUA tried it on me, and I fell in love with it. I couldn't justify the purchase, so I left and convinced myself that I did not need it. However, couldn't stop dreaming about it. Haha!

So next day, I went and purchased it. I don't regret it at all. It is a great duo to keep it on the go and just apply it with finger and some liner, and you look very well composed. I have brown eyes, and I was afraid it wouldn't look as great on me as it would on people with blue eyes, however, I was wrong. It look beautiful. I also have the duos: Brousse and Cordura. The pigmentation is great, and great for every day wear if applied correctly. You can also glam it up by using some MAC Fix+, but the pigments are so great, that you might not even need it. I only like to use Fix+ because I have extremely oily lids, and in my head everything sticks better if I have used Fix+.

Enjoy the duo! :)