Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What an amazing color. It is my staple to replace black as it DOES come out quite dark/black, but with just a different undertone. It does not look like brown or grey and makes just as much a statement as black, but has something special. And of all the gel liners, Bobbi's are still the best.

on 5/10/2010 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I agree with the other reviewers that the color and texture and durability are fantastic, when the product is new. It takes me a while to use up a product like this since I like to wear different eyeliners depending upon my mood that day. I purchased two shades, Black Mauve and Chocolate, and I loved the way they make my blue eyes pop. I also bought the brush suggested by the SA but quickly found it too difficut to use (I prefer the MAC brush with the angled bristles, forget the number).

My only complaint is that both pots of eyeliner dried out on me within 6 mos. I tried storing them upside down, but it was too late. I had to toss them when there was still a fair amount of product in them. I did try the trick of adding a few drops of rubbing alcohol to rehydrate them, but that only lasts for a few days.

I have found the MAC gel eyeliners to stay fresher longer.

on 10/24/2008 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The texture is a lot softer than the other Bobbi Brown gel liners. But the color is a nice alternative to black and brown. It's a very shimmery dark purplish taupe. On me it looks black though. I like that it's dark enough to define the eyes and yet it's more interesting than black or brown.

on 10/23/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

**HG PRODUCT!!!***

Where has this eyeliner been all my life - I might not have spent my 20's loathing eyeliner if I'd had the Bobbi Brown gel stuff at hand.

My coloring: Anne Hathaway-esque brunette with brown eyes and cool PPP skin (MUFE HD 110). This shade makes my dark brown eyes pop and brings out the amber and gold glints in them. The purplish-brown color is soft enough for day and very flattering.

The formula goes on well (with eyeliner brush) and dries quickly. The packaging is good quality, too.

This stuff is expensive but well worth it. Love how it looks and goes on!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was soooo excited to try this product that I ordered it sight unseen with overnight shipping...only to be let down big time. It looks gorgeous in photos with the shimmer & the color, but on me it looked nearly like BB's Black Plum - in others words a dullish gray. I buffed & buffed, then didn't buff at all, I tried everything to get a shimmer out of this to make it look like the photos, all to no avail. I finally gave up and swapped it away. The only reason I gave it a 3 rather than a 1 is because I DO think BB's gel eyeliners are terrific (though I prefer MAC's Fluidlines in general).