Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

Filtered by age: 36-43
Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

4.5

Polybutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Caffeine, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Flavor, Menthol, Methyl Nicotinate, Niacin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate, Quarternium-90 Bentonite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tribehenin, Bht, Propylparaben, Bismuth Oxychloride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Iron Oxides, Mineral Oil,Palmitic Acid, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Tin Oxide, Silica, Yellow 5.

on 12/18/2012 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

LOVE THIS!

It tingles and is it my imagination or do my lips become plump little pillows after I have applied this? This stuff is kind of pricey (for drugstore) so I wait for sales and then it's usually sold out. I've had a really hard time finding the clear.

This gloss is not overly sticky (MAC, I'm talkin' to YOU) and it feels smooth on my lips. I keep some of this in my purse, at home and in my desk drawer at work.

The packaging is kinda cute, it looks like an injection needle. Yikes, just the thought of anybody injecting anything into my lips give me the heeby-jeebys. I love this stuff but I wish they made this in more colors.

Girls, this is it! My oh my, do I really deserve how my lips look with this gloss?
It's like a wonderbra for your lips. First, I had bought this gloss in the colour nude which looked terribly metallic and unnatural on. I threw it away. But after one after another rave review for the clear version came in I thought I should give it a try ( considering the relatively cheap price).
Let me tell you, my lips look moisturised and full without the plasticy stickiness (think Mac's clear gloss). This has a gorgeous effect on my entire face because my lower lips look fuller in a very natural way and as a consequence my face looks softer (and younger). I wholeheartedly recommend this gloss for its moisturising and Softly plumping effect. It has even kicked away my all time favourite number 1 lip gloss La Laque by Lancome in Marylin beige which really means something.

on 3/23/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love it! Delivers what promises. Will have to stock up on the lip gloss, because Walgreens doesn't carry Physicians Formula any more, and @ CVS their products are on sale. Could be a sign that they also will get rid of them:(

on 4/7/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is most definitely my HG gloss. I am on my third tube of clear and I have stopped using all other balms/glosses from my arsenal of products. This plumps my lips (without burning or stinging), the shine lasts MUCH longer than any other gloss I've used, and I chew gum all day so this staying power is great. It is VERY sticky but that doesn't bother me in the least. The only time that's a hassle is out in the wind when my hair sticks to my lips ;)
I will absolutely buy this over and over and unless something changes, I will use this exclusively as I have been for the past two months. I reapply during the day several times, but even with that, a tube will last me about a month. Love love love. : ) It's $9.99 at CVS which I would normally find a bit pricey for a DS gloss, but I think this is worth it.

on 1/26/2010 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

This is my favorite gloss, but I don't like to be limited so I continue to use other glosses also... but this is the only 1 that really plumps my lips.

It takes time to see the difference but it works (palmitoyl oligopeptide is the longterm collagen plumping ingredient). I love all the colors (they're all sheer, not opaque as they seem in the tube) but Clear Potion is my favorite & the most versatile.

It gives blinding wet-look vinyl shine, lasts a super long time, moisturizes my lips & protects them from winter cold & dryness. I keep my hair away from my face outdoors so the wind won't plaster my hair to my gloss. It is super sticky like glue, which I love. Many ppl don't like sticky gloss but I do. Non-sticky glosses smear too easily & wear away too quickly for me. I only need to apply this once in the morning & once @ bedtime & it literally lasts all day long on me.

It gives minimal tingling & slight flushing for a short duration (thankfully, as I dislike tingling & minty cold sensation on my lips). It comes out very thick & the brush applicator holds plenty, so I wipe most of it off the brush against the tube opening. Even the tiniest amount of gloss gives my lips killer shine.

The packaging is clunky yet cute & mine never leaks (I store them standing up in a glass container).

I love that this can be applied over any other lipstick & I hope Physicians Formula never stops making this gloss. I always end up paying full price for all my tubes ($11) but I don't care if I never catch any sales (ok I care a little, lol) it's still a worthy steal even @ full price, if you ask me. High-end lip plumpers run as much as $50 (hello LipFusion, which did nothing for me but make my lips unpleasantly numb) & haven't done anything good for me the way Plump Potion does.

HG!

on 8/13/2009 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't want big, plump Restylane lips--I've always had medium-sized lips and I think it would look weird to suddenly plus-size them when the rest of me is pruning up. That being said, I do want my medium-sized lips to stay medium-sized. Not such an easy task, I've come to find out; in that way, it's just like the rest of the suck-a$$ aging process. *Sigh.*

Anyway, I've been using this off and on for several months. Pros: fills out lips in the short-term--when I use it, it lasts nicely for 3-4 hours unless I'm eating or drinking. It supposedly works over the longer-term, also, but I've not stuck with it long enough to know that for sure. It is the most moisturizing thing EVER on my lips, probably because it's about the consistency of tar (wait--that should go under "Cons," shouldn't it?). Nary a molecule of hydration could possibly escape beneath its sticky mantle. It works well with lipstick applied over it, and it turns my favorite lipstick into a gloss when I apply it this way, which I like. It smells ok, I guess. And it's not too expensive.

On to Cons: I don't like the clear package, because after one swipe with the lip brush on my lips the whole product went cloudy, which my hyper-active imagination believes is due to the lip-germs swimming around in it. It stings a bit after application, unlike the pleasant tingle of LipFusion or Sexy Motherpucker. And the sting is obviously doing SOMETHING to my lips because after I apply this my lips turn SCREAMING red for a short time. I mean BOZO red. Somehow that just doesn't seem right to me--I don't think constant capillary dilatation or inflammation or whatever this is could possibly be good for one's lips.

I do like this product well enough, and I've decided to try using it nightly to see if it does much for me (in terms of lessening lip lines and restoring some fullness) over the long haul. As soon as it runs out, though, I'm going to fork over $50 for the LipFusion XL for night-time use instead. continued >>

I love love love this lip gloss. I've been hooked on this for over a year now. I wear this stuff around the clock-colors for day and clear at night. It has completely gotten rid of my chapped lips and feels so great on. It makes my lips feel and look plump and soft and it lasts a long time without being unpleasantly sticky. If they ever discontinue this I will be absolutely devastated.

on 2/11/2009 5:50:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF IT WORKS GREAT SMELLS GOOD TO..I DID NOTICED A DIFFRENT RIGHT AWAY.I HAVE TRIED MANY LINES AND THIS ONE IS GREAT.........YOU CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE A BIG BOTTLE THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 2/11/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this as a bedtime lip gloss since I have super dry lips. I was amazed to find that when I awoke the first morning after using this the night before, I had soft supple lips.

Yes, it does plump too. But I use the pink and pink crystal colors in the day time.

Does not smell like too much of anything unlike the pink potion which smells terrible.

If you want clear, lip plumping and inexpensive, this a good one to try. I got a two pack, the pink and clear in one package for about $8 so it was cheap to try.

It is a nice large tube too.

Product provided a medium to thick consistency upon application. The scent is very minimal in my opinion. It gave me reasonable staying power & had some plumping effect on my thin upper lip. This product didn't irritate my lip area or surrounding skin, no adverse reactions whatsoever and I have extremely sensitive skin. I appreciate that it comes available in clear as I can choose my lip color of choice to apply or not over this. And the cost of this is CHEAP! Overall I am glad that I took a "leap of faith" and tried this product. It's not the "best" plumper that I have tried but it's not the worst either as it did provide some plumping where others that have cost me much more and did not deliver. Worth a try in my opinion.