Egg Bomb

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 2/2/2017 7:32:00 PM

I always do egg mask to my curly hair and its moisturizing and almost making my hair tamed. I add some oils like olive oil, almond oil, sesame oil . It is optional but when you add oil the mask is more effective I think

on 9/4/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A homemade mask with such a high vote on MUA? I had to try it!
I wanted to try an egg mask for years and now I had the confirmation it's good. Except..it was the messiest mess ever on me.
It was fine until rinsing. It went away smoothly and fast. After shampooing, I realized a half handful of hair fell. REALLY? I didn't see any aesthetic improvement at all and my hair felt like straw until I did conditioner.
The smell was unbearable the whole time and the whole room now smells.Not to mention the bathroom. After shampooing twice, conditioning with a chamomille scented product, doing a macadamia mask and some pump of Revlon's Uniq, I still smell like crazy. It's disgusting. I'd like to put some perfume on hair but I'd like to avoid spraying basically pure alcohol on it.
I'm so sorry tho, I really wanted to like this and was all excited and ready for the experience. But it became a nightmare. I feel sorry for wasting two eggs.

on 8/3/2016 9:36:00 PM

Because I have very dry and damaged color-treated straight hair, I decided to try this mask when I heard about it on MakeupAlley. I used the recipe as directed and was very pleased with the results. It made my hair very silky, shiny, and soft, and repaired the look of my damaged split ends. I would definitely use this diy again. The only thing about it is that it's sticky and messy, and that you should rinse it out in cold water. (You don't want the eggs to cook on your head) Also, remember to only use the yolk - the egg white may make your hair stiff and dry it out. Finally, it may be too strong for people with healthy, non-damaged hair because the egg contains protein.

I loved this hair mask! I have shoulder length, curly hair that is very dry. The egg worked very nicely. The only thing I didn't like was the smell, but that was to be expected. My hair looks shinier, and it feels stronger. I have a few friends who have tried it, and they've all loved it! Some add mayonnaise, bananas, or a mixture of different oils. Even honey. I think different things work for different people, but this definitely worked for me. It will feel a little stiff after a while, but that's what the egg does. Rinse it off with cold water, and some non sulfate shampoo and you should be good to go.

on 10/13/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The egg bomb works really well with my thick, straight hair; it keeps split ends at bay. Used the recipe exactly as listed above (1 egg yolk, 2tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey). You might want to warm the honey (and/or oil) just a little to make it mix more easily. I saw another reviewer complain that it made her hair dry and stiff--but she used the whole egg! Egg whites are commonly used to dry up acne on your face--not something you want to use for moisturizing, so use the yolk only and you'll be fine.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There's a lot of hullabaloo that goes round about the egg bomb pre-shampoo mask, so here's how to use it properly (thank you to the original reviewer for the directions...i do know that on mobile that "most helpful" does not show up, however--so here's the quick rundown):

Mix:
3-4 tbsp EVOO
1-2 tsp honey

in a separate bowl:
1-2 egg yolks, beaten

(Adjust the measurements accordingly. I have bra-strap length, coarse, wurly hair. You may need more or less of a certain ing based on your hair...don't stress too much about it. The important part is following the instructions below.)

Add bowls together, stir until fully mixed.

Section DRY hair (as if blow drying) into at least 4 sections (due to stickiness of mixture. again, use your own judgement here.)
Add mixture to DRY, UNWASHED HAIR. Most importantly:
DRY HAIR. I recommend that you get into shower or bath for this step. The sort of "paint brush" a hair dresser uses for applying color is helpful here, but fingers are fine too! Honestly, i have used a fork before, little mermaid style...i have no shame. just slather that ish on however you can.
Put on shower cap if desired. DO NOT USE HEAT. IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO RINSE OUT.
Let mix sit for at least 30 min.
Rinse using COLD WATER.
COLD WATER. (if you have a detachable shower head...that will be awesome for this. and if not, i hope you have a friend who does, cos you will be very cold.)
NOT HOT WATER. This is important!
Shampoo and condition as per usual. or use the best ones you have...either way, you're finished with the egg bomb!

Admire your lovely locks.

on 11/14/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

A nice concoction of some of nature's perfect products!
Egg, honey and olive oil are wonderful for hair and skincare. Using organic eggs is important as they have more benefits.

For hair, I mix egg yolks (no whites) and raw honey and whip it up. I also add some apricot kernel, olive or coconut oil to this mix and apply it to the hair and scalp. It is a very sticky mix and can be exasperating to work with, but patience is the key. For maximum benefits, leave the mix on the hair for 60 minutes or longer. I know of some people who leave this mask overnight too, but I am hesitant to try that!

Wash off with cold water, as cold as one can tolerate. Using warm water may cook the egg - especially if some egg white has crept in and cause bits and pieces of egg to cling to the hair (yuck!). Rinse or wash off with a rosemary-lavender diffusion or shikakai. The hair is left clean, soft and very shiny. It also adds tons of volume to the hair. As is, I have voluminous hair and don't need the extra volume.

Honey is essential to give moisture to the hair. An egg-only mask will be somewhat drying to the hair. Note that egg whites can also be applied to the hair and they are probably as beneficial, but they smell and scramble too! Egg yolk is high in fat and therefore does not scramble as easily as the whites. One more thing to note is to remove the thick, lumpy, white thread that connects the yolk and egg white, inside the egg (chalaza?). That is super-smelly and it cooks in even lukewarm water and sticks to the hair.

For skin, use the egg-white and apply on the forehead and nose areas. It tightens the skin and cleanses out any blackheads.

The humble egg is a perfect nature food for health and beauty!

on 9/26/2013 4:15:00 PM

I agree with several of the other writers here. I, too, love finding homemade, do-it-yourself beauty remedies on the internet. I tried several different ones involving concotions of the same ingredients, in different quantities: eggs, mayo, olive oil, honey, etc. NONE of the various concotions did anything noticeably beneficial to my hair BUT most of them smelled bad and made a great mess in the process. Some of them made my hair smell bad, others made it crunchy. Forget it, I am better off continuing my search for a store-bought deep conditioning mask.

I wasn't impressed with this. I was kinda excited for it because its gotten such rave reviews, its cheap and natural (im very pro natural) but it didn't give me the results everyone is talking about. I have thin, fine, wavy textured medium-length hair that is slightly frizzy and dry. I combined two egg yolks with two tbsp. olive oil and a bit of water, heated it up a little, applied it all over damp hair and tied it up for half an hour. It didn't smell too bad honestly. I tried to thoroughly rinse my hair in cool water before shampooing and conditioning my hair but I ended up with cooked egg pieces in my hair anyways which wasn't very pleasant. I had to drench my hair in conditioner cause it made my hair so so tangled, and even then it was very difficult to comb. Once it dried my hair looked limp, slightly greasy and still a little frizzy. If anything I think it worsened the texture of my hair. Won't bother trying it again.

This is really good! I just used it today, and I got great results. My usual black hair with brown highlights (natural) is usually uncontrollable. Now, its smooth, silky and shiny! I'm defiantly going to use this again. Right now, the leftovers is stored neatly in a plastic container in my basement refrigerator. You need
1-5 eggs
1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of water
Something to mix with
A plastic container
a microwave
Directions: Crack your egg(s) into your plastic container. Its optional to separate your yolks from you whites. I like to use all of my egg, so I don't waste. (make sure to crush you eggs, or mix them well. Last time, I had cooked egg pieces... They were white!)
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to your mix.
3. Add one cup of water. Make sure you mix everything together thoroughly
4. Put your plastic container in the microwave. Microwave until its warm, not hot, or else you'll get cooked eggs that you can't eat.
5. Cap the cap on your plastic container.
6. Take a shower, don't bother on making your hair smell good... I guess you know why.
7. Dunk your hand in, and massage you head. Keep on doing that until your fully satisfied that the egg is covering your hair fully.
8. Apply a shower cap over it and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
9. Rinse it out.
10. Let it air dry or blow dry it.
11. Enjoy and feel the softness!
12. If there is some left, seal the top of your container and store it in a fridge or else youll have rotting egg. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hope this works for you... This worked for me. :)