Biore UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++

Biore UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++
UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++

4.3

Cyclo

on 5/16/2017 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The milk provides amazingly beautiful coverage. It will be very good for someone with extremely oily skin leaving in a humid/hot climate. BUT! It literally smells like vodka. And it feels like it has tons of silicons.

Overall, I would not use this product every day, but only when it is super hot and you skin feels oily.

on 11/12/2016 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wished this came in a bigger size that offers more than 50 mL because this is an amazing sunscreen for the face. I am someone who dislikes greasy or sticky feeling sunscreen so the only sunscreen I liked was the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Wetforce for face/body (dark blue bottle with the orange cap), but it is steep for $40 a bottle. I bought Biore UV Bright Face Milk in the pink bottle from Amazon because of the number of positive reviews. This is truly a mattifying sunscreen that can act as a layering primer under makeup. It also does have a brightening effect as the formula comes out as a faintly light pink runny liquid. After I apply this product to my face, my face appears slightly lighter than my usual skin tone and it creates a satin-like base for my skin.

The price is reasonable and you only need a small amount that roughly equals to the size of a quarter. I use this product a lot during the summer when my skin is super shiny, but I do use this in the fall/winter time too and I haven't found it too drying for my skin. There's some alcohol content in this so that is something to keep in mind for people with dry/ sensitive skin. Overall, I will repurchase this sunscreen and I highly recommend trying it if your skin leans more towards oily and less sensitive.

on 3/27/2016 10:43:00 AM

I've been looking for a replacement for my beloved Clinique City Block Sheer. While I love that, its $31/40 mL and I wanted a cheaper replacement and I loved that this Biore Sunscreen has reliable UVA protection.Compared to my Clinique, the price is EXCELLENT!
So far, I am LOVING this. Its a great makeup base and is very mattifying. I actually love how mattifying it is- it allows me to layer an antioxidant lotion under it for additional protection without looking greasy.
I have my own version of double cleansing- Ponds Cold Cream, massaged and then removed with a baby washcloth and then Micellar water. So far, I've had no issues with breakouts or incomplete removal.
This maybe makes me a touch pale, even after setting and then applying makeup (and I'm usually the second lightest colour available in a foundation line). Will continue to test and update, but so far I'm loving it.
Edit: I know the jury is still out on alcohol in skincare. I do love this formula but concerns about the alcohol content have made me move along. Will Keep using this for days when I'm in the sun a lot but will use something different for daily use.

on 4/23/2016 3:38:00 PM

I think there a lot of people who this could work for, but for me, I am not a fan. It is too drying on me and leaves one of the most noticeable white casts I have ever seen. I will say the pros are that it does provide protection, dries very quickly, can be layered, and is mattifying. But for me it is too uncomfortable and looks very unnaturally white on my already pale skin. I will stick with the watery essence, and recommend that version for drier skin.

on 8/10/2016 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a review for the blue bottle Biore SPF50 milk. For some reason, I can't find the blue bottle version for reviews.

I tried this one blue Biore SPF50 milk along with the Biore SPF50 aqua essence and Biore SPF50 whitening cream. It seems all 3 have high alcohol content and dried my skin out. This blue bottle version especially, it sucked out all the moisture and my face felt like a skeleton! I do have dry skin so this may work awesome for people who have oily skin. I already gave the bottle away.

on 10/10/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good product if your PALE. And I mean like NC/NW 10 pale. Which is what I usually am in the winter.

Also high content of alcohol. I can use this sometimes but my sensitive combo skin defenitely doesn't like this for everyday. It clings to dry patches and gives my skin a rather dry, tight feeling.

It does feel silky if you touch your skin and it acts amazing as a primer, especially to mattify.

So if you're super pale with oily, non-sensitive skin, this is for you!!!

I'm about an NC 20 now and it makes my skin look rather ashy unfortunately. I'll finish the bottle but I won't repurchase this.

on 2/8/2016 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Japanese sunscreens for about 20 years now and you cannot go wrong with Japanese sunscreens - most, if not all, offer high UVA and UVB protection, are light, never tacky and works well as a makeup base. Biore sunscreens have the added bonus of being value for money and easily available in drugstores and supermarkets across Asia. This particular Biore sunscreen has a slightly powdery finish to it, which some may not like, and is also marketed as having a "pink" brightening affect, but I think this is more a marketing gimmick than actual effect. It is also slightly drying, so may be a problem for some. I usually have a layer of toner (or what the Japanese/Koreans would term "lotion") and a light moisturiser before I put on sunscreen so that takes care of the dryness. Some have commented on the small bottle, but I feel this is a good thing actually - makes it very portable so you can carry it around in your bag and re-apply as necessary, especially if you are out and about, and for travel (takes up minimum amount of space in your travel kit). Overall, this is a staple sunscreen that I stock up on whenever there's a sale at Watsons or Guardians.

on 8/11/2015 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this off of amazon for about $11, the bottle is fairly small so order a few at a time if you like it. I bought this one and UV perfect face milk. This one is slightly less matte, it does have a VERY minimal pink tint to it which you really can't see on the skin and a little bit of reflective particles, which are also barely noticeable. It applies like a dream, thin, not sticky, no pilling, no scent that I noticed. Basically the opposite of most sunscreens.
I use this when I am not wearing much makeup and just want to apply and go, the finish is a little more natural looking than the perfect milk so it's good for this purpose. I don't like it under makeup as much as the perfect face milk because it's not as matte. Would repurchase.
Edit - My skin is in a weird place right now, still very oily but some dryness on my cheeks and sides of my mouth, I am reaching for this sunscreen more and more as opposed to the perfect face milk in the white bottle. I am a fan of this under my makeup with my skin the way it is now.

on 3/4/2016 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Due to the stellar rating on makeupalley, I decided to buy this.

Contrary to some of the reviews here, I found the formula to be extremely greasy. While it did not break me out, I didn't find it protected my skin very well. After using this, I see two sun spots/freckles that have formed on my face. It's worth noting I don't get much sun daily (under 30 minutes total), but I do sweat a lot and the cream must have slid away with the moisture.

It's a great price, and clearly it works for some other ladies, but I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've repurchased this repeatedly for the last 4 years and plan on doing so. From all the other everything-proof sun milks I've bought in Japan, this one is the best to use as a primer. I rotate the white bottle and the pink bottle everyday during the super hot months. I love this because it makes my nose stay matte for a really long time, whereas any other primer/foundation would have me shiny by the time I'm out the door. I sometimes just use this and a light dusting of translucent powder because it just makes my skin look better, thanks to the silicones in this water-weight milk. The trick is to let it set before applying anything else, which means applying this, waiting for about 30s and then do the rest. I usually apply any sunscreen and wait a bit before applying anything else because if not, it's very easy to mess up the film formers in the formula and get an uneven coverage. If you don't let it set by itself, some areas of your face might not be protected and you'll get burned on those areas. I've never had any tanning or burning when I use this in 40C+ heat, where there's not one cloud to be seen in the sky. I really love this sunscreen but the problem-reason why I took off an lippie-is that it's very hard to remove at the end of the day. I always have to massage really well with an oil cleanser but I feel like sometimes I get breakouts from it. That's why I refrain from using it during the rest of the year-where I use Nivea Sun Milk/Milky Essence or Biore Watery Essence instead.