Biore UV Bright Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++

4.4

..d

on 4/23/2016 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think there a lot of people who this could work for, but for me, I am not a fan. It is too drying on me and leaves one of the most noticeable white casts I have ever seen. I will say the pros are that it does provide protection, dries very quickly, can be layered, and is mattifying. But for me it is too uncomfortable and looks very unnaturally white on my already pale skin. I will stick with the watery essence, and recommend that version for drier skin.

on 3/27/2016 10:43:00 AM

I've been looking for a replacement for my beloved Clinique City Block Sheer. While I love that, its $31/40 mL and I wanted a cheaper replacement and I loved that this Biore Sunscreen has reliable UVA protection.Compared to my Clinique, the price is EXCELLENT!
So far, I am LOVING this. Its a great makeup base and is very mattifying. I actually love how mattifying it is- it allows me to layer an antioxidant lotion under it for additional protection without looking greasy.
I have my own version of double cleansing- Ponds Cold Cream, massaged and then removed with a baby washcloth and then Micellar water. So far, I've had no issues with breakouts or incomplete removal.
This maybe makes me a touch pale, even after setting and then applying makeup (and I'm usually the second lightest colour available in a foundation line). Will continue to test and update, but so far I'm loving it.
Edit: I know the jury is still out on alcohol in skincare. I do love this formula but concerns about the alcohol content have made me move along. Will Keep using this for days when I'm in the sun a lot but will use something different for daily use.

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've repurchased this repeatedly for the last 4 years and plan on doing so. From all the other everything-proof sun milks I've bought in Japan, this one is the best to use as a primer. I rotate the white bottle and the pink bottle everyday during the super hot months. I love this because it makes my nose stay matte for a really long time, whereas any other primer/foundation would have me shiny by the time I'm out the door. I sometimes just use this and a light dusting of translucent powder because it just makes my skin look better, thanks to the silicones in this water-weight milk. The trick is to let it set before applying anything else, which means applying this, waiting for about 30s and then do the rest. I usually apply any sunscreen and wait a bit before applying anything else because if not, it's very easy to mess up the film formers in the formula and get an uneven coverage. If you don't let it set by itself, some areas of your face might not be protected and you'll get burned on those areas. I've never had any tanning or burning when I use this in 40C+ heat, where there's not one cloud to be seen in the sky. I really love this sunscreen but the problem-reason why I took off an lippie-is that it's very hard to remove at the end of the day. I always have to massage really well with an oil cleanser but I feel like sometimes I get breakouts from it. That's why I refrain from using it during the rest of the year-where I use Nivea Sun Milk/Milky Essence or Biore Watery Essence instead.

on 3/4/2016 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Due to the stellar rating on makeupalley, I decided to buy this.

Contrary to some of the reviews here, I found the formula to be extremely greasy. While it did not break me out, I didn't find it protected my skin very well. After using this, I see two sun spots/freckles that have formed on my face. It's worth noting I don't get much sun daily (under 30 minutes total), but I do sweat a lot and the cream must have slid away with the moisture.

It's a great price, and clearly it works for some other ladies, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/8/2016 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Japanese sunscreens for about 20 years now and you cannot go wrong with Japanese sunscreens - most, if not all, offer high UVA and UVB protection, are light, never tacky and works well as a makeup base. Biore sunscreens have the added bonus of being value for money and easily available in drugstores and supermarkets across Asia. This particular Biore sunscreen has a slightly powdery finish to it, which some may not like, and is also marketed as having a "pink" brightening affect, but I think this is more a marketing gimmick than actual effect. It is also slightly drying, so may be a problem for some. I usually have a layer of toner (or what the Japanese/Koreans would term "lotion") and a light moisturiser before I put on sunscreen so that takes care of the dryness. Some have commented on the small bottle, but I feel this is a good thing actually - makes it very portable so you can carry it around in your bag and re-apply as necessary, especially if you are out and about, and for travel (takes up minimum amount of space in your travel kit). Overall, this is a staple sunscreen that I stock up on whenever there's a sale at Watsons or Guardians.

on 8/11/2015 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this off of amazon for about $11, the bottle is fairly small so order a few at a time if you like it. I bought this one and UV perfect face milk. This one is slightly less matte, it does have a VERY minimal pink tint to it which you really can't see on the skin and a little bit of reflective particles, which are also barely noticeable. It applies like a dream, thin, not sticky, no pilling, no scent that I noticed. Basically the opposite of most sunscreens.
I use this when I am not wearing much makeup and just want to apply and go, the finish is a little more natural looking than the perfect milk so it's good for this purpose. I don't like it under makeup as much as the perfect face milk because it's not as matte. Would repurchase.

on 12/1/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I want to address the size of the bottles as that is a con I left out. It's about 1oz, they do not sell a larger size unfortunately. For everyone saying that it's not a worry because "a little goes a long way" - please stop. To get the full SPF & PDD protection advertised you are supposed to apply 1/4th teaspoon a day. This was proven by scientific studies, not opinions. So despite "a little goes a long way", a bottle is still not supposed to last you long. Yes I am fully aware that 1/4th teaspoon is an insane amount to apply on your face. Thats why it's important to buy sunscreens that are higher in SPF. Consumers rarely follow the 1/4th teaspoon rule & do not get the full benefits advertised. Do not skimp. Sunscreen is one of the most important things you use on your skin. The price for this sunscreen is still fair in my opinion as it is an incredible sunscreen.

Many have asked me for a sunscreen recommendation so I figured I'd finally write this. I am not a dermatologist obviously. Rather I am a greasy-faced, acne-prone girl with a hatred for the sun & a love for being a skincare wannabe-scientist nerd.

I have repurchased this product 6 times in the past year, but to be fair it only launched in Febuary 2014. I was using Biore UV Perfect Face Milk PA+++ until they released this. What is the difference between PA+++ and PA++++? The PA++++ has a slightly higher PPD number of 16 or more, as the extra "+" is an indication of. So although the SPF remains the same, the protection against rays that age your skin increases. Another reason I go with the PA++++ is that all of the PA+++s on the market are now becoming expired/out of date as Biore discontinued it manufacturing upon releasing the PA++++. If you buy the PA++++, it is guaranteed that it was made after Febuary 2014. Biore definitely fails at marking their bottles with proper expiration dates so good luck with taking a risk on the PA+++.

Moving forward, the oil absorbing qualities in the PA++++ are slightly less impressive than the previous formulation. :( However compared to most of the sunscreens on the market, this is in my opinion, still the best sunscreen for oily gals. Biore UV Perfect Face Milk PA++++ has the consistency of water & is both too light and liquidy to ever "cake up" on my face. I can NOT DEAL with the tacky, moist texture most (supposedly) "matte" sunscreens leave behind. I am thankful the texture of this is so fine I can rarely remember if I'm even wearing it. There were so many years that I spent punishing my skin because I felt like there were no suitable sunscreens on the market for me. I could feel 95% of the other ones I tried sinking into my pores & causing breakouts despite being marketed for acne-prone skin.

Since finding Biore UV Perfect Face Milk, my skin has transformed. I sheer my favorite matte foundation out with it and apply. This sunscreen serves as an awesome primer, keeps oil at bay for hours, lessens my break outs, and most of all - protects me from sun damage. I have not gotten a single sunspot in 2 years despite me being NC10 and using alpha hydrox acids (glycolic, mandelic, TCA, lactic - they all make you more photosensitive). I even did laser treatments and this was my go-to savior. Additionally since it cuts down on my skin being photosensitive, I have noticed my rosacea has lessened.

Last but not least, the price is very fair. Yeah it sucks I can not purchase this from a local drugstore in America, however I can deal with it as it beats all the others here in performance quality. The only con I can really find in this sunscreen is that it contains a high amount of drying alcohol (vs a fatty alcohol). That originally concerned me as I am sensitive to drying alcohols, however it has yet to be proven a problem while using this. In fact I did not know until way after I started purchasing Biore UV Perfect Face Milk as I could not find its ingredient list in English until recently.

on 10/21/2014 10:00:00 AM

You can't go wrong with japanese sunscreens.
This one is a baby pink milky lotion, very runny, it spreads easily and it feel like wearing nothing. No residue smell, no white cast.

Good for all skin types, but if you have really oily skin and want a mattifier sunscreen, go with Biore's Perfect Milk.

on 10/10/2014 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sunscreen is basically a dream come true. If you know me, you'll know that I'm a connoisseur of sunscreens - I'm obsessed with them because of how susceptible my skin is to melanin, and because of all the chemical peels I use. I've tried all the famous sunscreens - Neutrogrena, La Roche Posay, Lancome, Avene, Clarins.. you name it, I've tried it! I recently picked up a bottle of this before I left on my trip to Italy... and I was so blown away by it! I'll just go ahead and list the pros and cons...

PROS
* Goes on completely matte - a dream if you have oily skin and live in a humid city like me
* Acts as an effective primer - it doesn't ball up under foundation and its oil-controlling properties helps makeup last longer
* I have very acne-prone skin and this does not block my pores at all!
* Very fluid light texture that sinks into skin easily
* Makes skintone more uniform - it's very natural looking and sometimes I just put this on without foundation and go out. I just love how smooth it makes my skin look!
* Effective sun protection but only if you re-apply frequently under strong sun - I didn't re-apply very frequently at the beach and did get slightly tanned, but did not burn
* Extremely value for money! I still can't believe how affordable and high quality this is...

CONS
* It's drying, so make sure you have on a effective moisturizer underneath this sunscreen
* Could be more perfect with UVA/UVB protection as well

I think I will be repurchasing this sunscreen for years to come! I might have finally found my HG sunscreen :)

on 4/25/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Product description: This is a skin beautifying UV milk for brightening skin tone. It also covers irregularities from pores and dull skin. It uses a light correction powder mixture. It protects against UV-A that causes decreases in tone and elasticity in skin. It can also be used as a makeup base and provides a smooth finish for foundation. This review is for the 2014 version with SPF50+ PA++++.

(2014 Ver.) Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Lauryl methacrylate, Alkyl (C15-C15) benzoate, Talc Powder, Titanium(IV) Oxide, Diethylamino Hydroxylbenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, BisEthylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Mica, Methylhydrogenpolysiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, PEG-3 Dimethicone, Polyslicone-9, PEG-32, Alumina, Silica, Iron Oxides, Aluminum hydroxide, Barium sulfate, Aluminium dimyristate, Sodium Hyaluronate, D&C Red #30, Phenoxyethanol, BHT

Cosdna: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_674f141907.html

Pros:
- average cost performance (30ml for about 700 yen)
- physical and chemical UV filters
- lightened my red/pink patches which resulted in a more even skin tone
- has a slight alcohol smell but doesn't have the sunscreen smell
- feels velvety to the touch; I recommend the product be patted on as the powder finish may ball with rubbing
- very runny so easy to spread
- matte finish which lasted all day; I recommend moisturiser on dry patches or the powder will settle and flake

Cons:
- the small bottle lasted for about 3 weeks of daily use for me
- the packaging of the 2014 version looks very similar to the older version; the 2014 is PA++++ while the old version is PA+++
- needs to be thoroughly washed off at the end of the day; I skipped one night and got white heads the next day, probably from the pigment or powder
- it is quite drying and I wouldn't recommend it for an everyday sunscreen if it's not summer; you either need to moisturize before, have oily skin or live in a humid climate where you sweat all the time
- the brightening effect can look a bit white-cast-y so I wouldn't recommend for people with dark skin
- contains alcohol, talc powder and other irritants that may affect sensitive skin