Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

I'm pregnant and my skin has gone bonkers with hormonal acne. Since most acne products are a no-no during pregnancy, I decided to try this egg white mask and mixed in some olive oil. It took a while to dry (probably due to the olive oil) but it did help calm my acne which was great! My skin felt tighter and smooth. Now it's my go to face mask for pregnancy skin issues.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This egg white mask is AMAZING for my acne-prone skin. The first try cleared and even out my blemishes and the second try helped an enormously painful pimple reduce. It has helped my blackheads and reduced the size of my pores. Be careful not to overuse it though, or else the results won't be the same. Try it once every 2-3 weeks or once/twice a month. Use a moisturizer after you rinse.

on 4/23/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow! This makes my skin so soft, even, and rejuvinated! I do what others suggested: whip up an egg white, slather on face, cover in tissue strips, then let dry completely (30mins). Rinse and follow with treatments and moisturizers. I use CeraVe lotion.and a vitamin E oil afterwards. Skin feels...heavenly.

I have very acne prone skin, and lots of scars. This is very non-irritating and really evens everything out

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For instructions on how to do this fabulous mask my way, keep reading on, you lovely reader.

1) Take an egg and separate the egg white from the yolk. NOTE: do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the yolk!! I have read it can clog pores. If you are acne prone, don't even risk it.

2) Froth the egg white with a fork or egg beater. (optional) add lemon juice. It can't hurt right?

3) Apply using clean fingers, or my personal favorite, an old foundation brush. WARNING: This will bring out your inner Picasso! So go ahead and paint a beautiful egg painting all over that gorgeous face of yours like the goddess you are.

4) Take a 2 ply piece of toilet paper and rip the ply's apart, so each piece is very thin. Then rip into shreds.

5)Apply strips of paper onto your gorgeous face one at a time, making sure no pieces overlap. You don't want them to overlap! Then add another layer of egg white.

6) Wait for all the paper to dry. You will resemble a mummy. It's actually pretty awesome. Like you get all the benefits of mummification, except it's only temporary, and you get the satisfaction of peeling it off.

7) Speaking of pulling it off. Now is the fun part, SLOWLY pull every strip off. Don't just rip em off all willy nilly like, pull those puppies off slowly for maximum benefits.

8) Behold your gorgeous face in the mirror, you handsome devil. Touch your cherub bottom smooth skin, and feel those wrinkles, pores, and blemishes begin to minimize. Feel free to look into that mirror for a fortnight. Because who cares- you are awesome.

on 11/11/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Will review later:)

on 1/3/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great DIY mask that lightens your scars, tightens your skin, and soaks up the oil in your pores. The greatest benefit from this mask is, it makes you less oily if you use it every day! Like, you will get less oily during the day!

I only gave it a four because it takes forever to do! The easiest way to use this mask everyday is to buy pasteurized egg whites in a carton, then mix a little bit with pearl powder (for the healing and whitening properties) then spread it on your face. The egg whites are liquidy, which drips and makes a serious mess.

Also, as some reviewers have noted, it can sting. I think this happens when your skin is too dry, so only do it when you have really oily skin.

on 12/9/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just used this tonight and regret ever trying it. My skin has been clear lately and I just got rid of a few big pimples I had on my face. I used the egg white with tissue paper like others did and peeled/rinsed it off when it dried. Now I have new pimples that have just popped out of nowhere all over my cheeks.

on 2/27/2012 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite masks and it's organic! (make sure the eggs are free range ones)
First I was a bit freaked out to try it since I didn't really like the idea of raw egg white all over my face but I'm glad I got past that. I use the same method as Michelle Phan on her youtube video.
It really helps to tighten the pores (not permanently I'm afraid) and it also clears up your skin! I've always had troubles with occasional break outs but this really helps. I use egg white mask 1-2 a week and it has helped to dry out blemishes.
I would definitely recommend this to someone who has occasional break outs, oily skin or acne.

on 12/16/2011 2:27:00 AM

LOVE EGG MASKS.
I don't use just the egg white. I just crack an egg into a bowl, maybe add a squirt of honey, and whisk. Then I just slather some on my face haha and let it dry. It smells like eggs, yes, and it doesn't feel too pleasant when it's dry but you skin will be glowing and smooth. I was shocked when I first used it :)
I use the leftovers for a hair mask which i don't see great results like the face mask (may be user error), but that's another review.

I imagine it would work better for oily skin than dry. Highly recommend :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I mix a bit of egg whites with freshly used coffee grounds in the morning and leave the mask on my face for 5-10 min. The egg whites brighten my complexion and help clear and shrink pores, while the coffee grounds help de-puff my face when I retain extra water and also double as exfoliating beads when it's time to rinse the mask off. My skin definitely looks and feels smoother and softer after this mask- and it's so cheap and easy to make sinc I make coffee every morning and have eggs in the fridge anyway. I love it!