NARS Galapagos single

Filtered by age: 44-55
NARS Galapagos single
Galapagos singleGalapagos singleNARS GalapagosNARS Galapagos SwatchNARS Galapagos

4.7

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As listed on Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, calcium sodium borosilicate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

on 9/8/2010 7:01:00 PM

I purchased this at Sephora at JCpenny!! I love the color!! rich dark brown with specks of gold!! makes your brown eyes pop!! very creamy and soft and blendable! works well for day and night looks!

on 7/14/2010 10:49:00 AM

Wonderful eye shadow from Nars with amazing undertones. I love shadows with unusual undertones as it wears. Does not turn red, which is very unusual for me. Can be applied as a sheer wash or more for the smoky eye look. Blends lovely and works with lots of colors. Love the bits of gold which adds brightness to eyes.

on 2/17/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful eyeshadow. Per NARS, it's an intense deep chocolate brown with bits of gold shimmer. I worried about the glitter effect but the glitter is not apparent when I apply it. I use it to overlay on my outer "v" and my crease. I haven't had any fallout and am totally pleased with it.

on 1/13/2010 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

NARS has great colors. I have a major problem with the use of glimmer/glitter. I hate it.

This is a deep, dark and lovely color brown. There are golden shimmer bits thruout and they apply beautifully -- unlike some other brands these shimmer bits stay on and in the powder.

If this product did not have glimmer it would be a perfect brown.. I love it and will use it till it's gone. But, due to the glimmer, I will not repurchase.

This is the perfect non-bronze or reddish dark brown with a bit of shimmer,http://makeupalley.com/product/rsearching.asp/ and it's perfect for my fair skin, blue eyes, ash blonde looks. Find the *perfect* brown is quite difficult for me. So *tired* of reddish browns or bronze that make me look overly done, if you know what I mean.

I go walking into Sephora thinking, "Well, Cargo Oil Slick is a great high shimmer best-when-wet for tight lining." Lo, Cargo has been relegated to the BACK OF THE STORE and no go.

So I get to wandering around Sephora looking for a true chocolate shimmer brown. People, what is up? Finally the sweetest Sephora SA comes back to me with about 6 swatches on her hand, and the Nars Galapogos is pretty near perfect.

The powder is very soft and has a slight warm/gold shimmer--but it still works for the cool-toned. Tres sexy. Best used wet because of fall-out--just like the Cargo Oil Slick. When I sweep it on my lid, it is always after a quick sweep of my setting powder so I can simply brush away any specks.

Use it wet to tight line, a light dusting dry on the lid, and, if I'm feeling it, a wet line with a tiny wing done with my Japonesque pointy brush or Essence of Beauty slanted (depending upon which one is clean). Works for evening smokey eye or daytime eye emphasis without looking overdone. Mind you, you have to play with it because it is a dark brown, but you can also mix with a beige if you want to tone it down. As is, I just do a very light sweep on my eyelid and blend well to get a really nice contrast to my blue eyes. LOVE.

Highly recommend for those needing a true brown with shimmer--no bronze, red, brick, or pink undertones.

Note: I also use this to line my eyes after a light dusting of Besame Peacock Blue. The blue/brown really works for blue eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yowza. Went to the grand opening of our new Sephora and bought this. I tried it and had to go through drawers to find it, but I did. It is gorgeous. Picks up the flecks in my hazel eyes, looks amazing. Great colour, the glitter is not bad at all - just a little interest. When I put it on, a man who was with someone in the store just stared at my eyes - that's always a good thing to me! I need that type of brown - red browns are awful on me, as are golds. This is a cooler brown. Really terrific. So happy Nars is here!

on 5/10/2008 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Deep Chocolate and gold flecks, totally gorgeous......This one is a must have, no matter what your eye colour or skin colour, its just beautiful.