Likas Papaya Soap

Likas Papaya Soap

4.1

I bought this in a local Asian store for $4 CAD. I think that's a steal, to be honest. I use this for treatment. You heard me treatment, not as a cleanser. I don't expect it to take of grime or make up, just as an exfoliant, like say, glycolic acid. I use it after the Korean style two step cleanse (1) with oil cleanser, (2) with foam cleanser), so for me, it's like a third cleanse(?) Then I leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Then I wet my skin and possible add more suds then use my Foreo Luna (something like the Clarisonic).

Within 3 weeks, my skin has lightened. I am saying this even though I do not want to get lighter. I am actually using this to get rid of my cystic acne and unclog pores. It does the job for those concerns too, but I still do have the occasional zit or 2 (or 5)... I am hoping that it would do a better job after a month in. I think this is a good spend, considering it's a fraction of the cost of other chemical exfoliators.

Will update in a month. :)

on 3/5/2016 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this likas soap for a week and all I can say is unbelievable it works wonders I will be using this for the rest of my life. I was kind of scared using this but I took a chance. I have acne marks on my face and they are vanishing quickly because of likas. I love the smell and the packaging is awesome to. I paid 10 dollars on line for this soap and it's well worth it. I'm not sure if it's the real or fake one but all I know is I'm very well satisfied. I would rate this soap a 10 because it does what it says it's gonna do. Yes most definitely I will buy this product again no dought at all

To Read all 115 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/29/2015 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product.I have acne prone skin but after using this soap I dint get a single pimple on my face.But now I heard the ingredients of likas has changed and original likas are not available.so now I am not able to find any online site where I can get original likas papaya.Now my face is with full of pimples.can anybody please give me the original likas papya link sothat i can buy and get rid of these ugly pimples.please help....

on 11/14/2015 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for my acne for years! Works great & dries them up! :)

on 10/27/2015 1:53:00 PM

I have been looking for Likas soap for a while. For certain products that have a cult following I try to find them in a local store especially if they are international products.I went to my local international store a few years ago, and I didn't find any Likas. Since then I stopped looking for it. However I recently went back to the store and to my delight I found two bars!! The scent is mild and the formula doesn't dry out my skin, I used it on my face and it made it look brighter. It's still too early to see results (it's been my second time using it) but so far it seems great.
I was reading the other reviews here and I think the negative ones come from reviewers that unknowingly purchased counterfeit products off the internet. The bar is supposed to be a bright orange much like it's packaging, the soap also has a seal on the back, the packaging has holographic lines and seals. I posted a picture of the soap and the box so you can also see the ingredients and how it should look.
Be careful buying certain items off the internet especially whitening products. Do your research

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

after reading comments raving of how fantastic this soap is in here, I bought one from my local asian store....

I seriously DONT feel clean after showering with this

squeaky clean?! my foot?! it cant even wash off my makeup?! absolute rubbish!

to many ppl, they feel that skin feels tight means skin is squeaky clean?
what a wrong perception!

pros:
none

cons:
NOT thoroughly clean after shower!!!
does not whiten nor brighten
feels dry

try this soap if u like. anyway its dirt cheap, u can just dispose it after trying out and finding out what a failure this soap is ....

fantastic? neh!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'm In love with this soap! I break out on my back during the summer ( I live in a very humid place at the moment) and this soap keeps my back clear- It has also helped all the red marks from old acne fade! I do use it on my face during the summer as well and it helps fades my freckles and keep acne away. it can be very drying though, so lots of moisturizer is needed. Although I do not use moisturizer on my back just my face when I use it. I recommend that you leave it on your back for a few minutes to help scars fade quick. but as far as your face -If you have sensitive skin like me, I recommend leaving it on for less then a minute, because it will sting if left on for too long.

The ingredients are : Sodium palmate, Sodium palm stearate, Sodium kernelate, Purified water,RBD coconut oil, Papaya Extract,Vitamin C, Cl 11920

Net Wt: 136gm

on 5/12/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It Is Not A Surprise ,But Ok !

on 2/10/2015 8:47:00 AM

okay so someone i know suggested me to try a papaya soap (not likas) but another brand. I started using it about 8 days ago (day 8 today) and so far the results are fab by gods grace.
I have acne prone skin which is a result of hormonal imbalance and i get tons of breakouts around my chin and jawline.
This soap has stopped all my breakouts and i can hardly see any bumps.
Thank god and thank this special friend of mine for giving me this blessing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Picked up this soap in a local Asian grocery store, hoping to lighten a few of my acne scars.
All I can say is that it delivers on it's promises! Totally a holy grail.
My only complaints are that I hate bar soap, I hate the toxic orange color, and I hate the smell.
I use a bubble net with the bar though, so it creates the most thick lather for my face - and it helps the product to last a bit longer.