Aesop Citrus Rind Body Balm

Aesop Citrus Rind Body Balm

3.9

Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond ) Oil, Stearic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta-Carotene, d-Limonene, Linalool, Citral.

I've held off on buying this body balm for years because Aesop is incredibly expensive in Canada. But I'm currently on vacation in Sydney where this stuff if really reasonably priced, so I've super stocked up. I love the scent of this lotion, it's a mix of lemon, orange and grapefruit, and all I can say is 'yum'. This one is meant for normal skin, so I was worried it wouldn't be hydrating enough, but this is a really great cream. It sinks quickly into your skin without any greasiness and the scent last for a while in your skin so you feel refreshed for hours after putting this on. I also picked up a tube of the geranium leaf, which also smells amazing.

on 7/29/2016 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just switched over to the Rind Concentrate body balm after finishing my bottle of the Geranium Leaf Body Balm (also by Aesop). I really loved the geranium leaf so I was prepared to be disappointed but I think I might actually prefer the rind concentrate. It sinks into the skin better (i think the texture is a little lighter) and it smells so refreshing. The price does sort of kill me though - I held out for ages on buying pricey body creams because I literally slather the stuff on and I figured the money was better spent on my face. I caved eventually and, predictably, I'm now spoiled for life from the drugstore products. Ah well, such is life.

I would recommend buying the Rind Concentrate over the Geranium Leaf Body balm if you are living in a warmer climate or for summer use. Both smell absolutely lovely - refreshing, clean, uplifting - and the texture is like velvet. Only reason I wouldn't rebuy - at this point in time - is that there are so many great body lotions out there I still want to try.

Tip : buy the bigger pump bottle - not only is it more economical in terms of price paid per amount of product but the aluminium/metal tubes Aesop uses for the smaller sizes are a pain in the a**. They start getting sharp and sometimes even split and ooze out product once you reach the lower quarter of the tube. Total pain.

on 8/20/2013 11:11:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this.
I dont have really dry legs but they just need some pick me up fir skirts!

Let me start with saying that I absolutely love this fruity/citrusy smell. Very refreshing but still a little sweet- if they make it into a perfume I would definitely get it.

Now the coinsistency is okay until you actually discover how much massaging into the skin it needs. You really have to work it in and it takes time to sink in. Thats why I cant justify getting this for a scent.

Im hoping to try their other balms because Im really excited about this brand.

on 4/7/2013 9:50:00 AM

Overall I was quite disappointed with product. It smells amazing, but for me, that is where it ends. I found the formula was not easily absorbed into the skin, and left my skin feeling quite greasy. Shortly after I began using this cream, the overall condition of my skin was much worse than usual- it felt dry and I became prone to breakouts. I also found that when the bottle was about 2/3 empty, the 'pump' no longer worked and I had to take the lid off to get the product out of the bottle. I have since switched to a gentle, hypoallergenic body moisturizer that I am much happier with. Overall, I found this product disappointing and not overly effective, especially given the high price.

If I didn't have to worry about money, I would probably buy tubs and tubs of this body lotion. First of all I like the actual texture and consistency of the lotion. I guess I call it a lotion because it is still rather liquid, as opposed to a balm or a cream for example. It smooths on the skin nicely, however it doesn't sink in until you rub it in. Even that requires a bit of work, but I enjoy doing that as it's sort of like a get-to-know-and-connect-with-your-body time. The boyfriend likes using this as a massage lotion because of its consistency (it hangs around long enough to be rubbed in for a massage).

Then there is the performance of the lotion. It is so hydrating. I have pretty normal skin, but my legs, arms and back especially need to be moisturised after every shower, otherwise it gets really uncomfortable. This soothes my skin sooooooooo nicely, I love it. And it puts a great big smile on my face as I feel so pampered after that.

Of course there is also the smell, what a wonderful energizing citrus smell, I like to use it if I have to go out for work, or generally to stay awake.

It is expensive as it sells for AUD$99 for a 500ml bottle, but it definitely is one of the best body lotions I've used, hence if I had plenty of money I'd buy plenty of this!

on 1/15/2009 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

has nice citrus scent,it feels very silky and soaks in straight away! it is quite expensive though and i cant' find it locally. however, very nice, nice balm for dry skin.

on 12/13/2008 1:40:00 PM

The smell and texture of this Body Balm are delicious and very pleasant, quite subtle and non greasy. I have been using this product for 10 years and I will still use for the years to come!

on 5/29/2008 3:56:00 AM

This lotion would be perfect. If it was one third the price.

on 6/15/2007 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is expensive but it's also gorgeous. It's light yet very moisturising, and the scent is amazing, a true citrus scent. Delicious. UPDATE: I still think this is great, but I don't think it is quite moisturising enough for me in the winter, plus it is really expensive.

on 8/24/2006 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was fortunate to get several generous sized sample jars of this when I recently vacationed in Japan and stayed at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Tokyo. All of the bath products in the hotel bathroom were from this particular brand. Anyway, this was my most favorite of all of them. I absolutely adore the scent. The scent is not soo sweet that it will give you a headache. In fact, it is very subtle...almost too subtle. I wish the scent would last longer than it does because it fades rather quickly. It is very emollient without being greasy. Despite how much I do love this body balm, I wouldn't purchase once I finish my samples up. Right now I am a poor college student and this lotion just cost WAY too much. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a high quality lotion and who doesn't care about the expensive price tag.