Korres Lip Butter - Wild Rose

Korres Lip Butter - Wild Rose

4.2

My arduous journey to a land of perfect lip stains continues. I bought my little pot of Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose after spending way too much time on the internet researching good cruelty-free lip stains. I used to love my YSL stains, but now that I know the ugly animal-testing truth about them, I have thrown them out. Yes, I should have done my research first. Alas, I did not. So here I am with my Korres. First, the positives. The price is acceptable, and the packaging is very appealing, kind of retro-futuristic. The butter goes on smooth and silky and is a gorgeous deep rosy pink. It really makes my lips the perfect natural but better than naked shade of pink that I want. It seems like it really will leave a good stain, so I use a lip brush to apply it because I'm kind of a spaz, and I don't want to look like a scary drunk clown. Also, it is a decent balm. The moisture lasts for about two hours or so before I need to reapply another balm. Maybe I have freakishly dry lips. Now for the negatives. This is not a stain. The truly beautiful color fades after two hours, and that's without any eating of greasy fried foods or making out with bearded sex gods. I need a quality lip stain in my life. I'm not the kind of gal who is going to reapply her lip color with a lip brush at work. Once and done is what I want. But a quitter I ain't, so the search continues.

on 11/30/2015 4:58:00 AM

i used to use this lip butter quite often 2 years or so ago, but I cant say I was pleased. It is quite moisturizing and not sticky at all, but! The pot is my issue here. Since the balm is so tinted i cant get a nice even application just with my finger and i always made a mess. i was too bored to use a brush in the morning so that was not a solution. Also if you apply it with your finger you have to wash your hands after coz it will really stain! In general it was nice and quite cheap in my country (i m greek) but i wouldnt buy it again

To Read all 119 Reviews, Login or Join

It is a really good lip palm that hydrates your lips but also gives you a really subtle, lovely colour!The only drawback for me is that it is in a jar!that means that you have to clean your hands before and after you apply it! It would be easier if it had a lip applicator!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The only reasons I would not repurchase are the price ($12 for a tinted lip balm) and the fact that it's in a jar. This lip butter does what it says: it keeps my lips moisturized, and leaves a nice rosy tint. I like it a lot, and I use this every day, however there's an issue where if my nails are too long, it's practically impossible to apply. I'd say definitely try it if you need a good tinted lip balm. if not, pass.

I love this lip butter. Out of the 3 I have, this is my favourite because it gives a beautiful colour when on the lips. In the tub, it looks very dark but when you apply it, it sheers out and adds just a burst of beautiful red. Perfect for fall and winter and for any night out! It is super moisturizing and smells really nice (faint sweet rose smell). The only thing is you'll need a mirror to apply because it's so pigmented so it's easy to smear outside your lip line if you're not careful. But I love it and would definitely repurchase! Applying with a lip brush is the best way to go I find because you can be very precise and also keeps your tub hygienic!

on 12/30/2013 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on sale from the grocery store on a whim.

The colour on this is fantastic. It's sheer but very rich and more than you would expect from a lip balm. It's not incredibly nourishing as a lip balm, but it does the job when it's on your lips. It's on par with Face Stockhokms gloss pots (also non sticky sheerish lip colour).

Pros:
No sticky!
Great colour
Cute packagaing
Moisturising while on lips
More than just a lip balm
gentle yet nice fragrance of rose

Cons
Unhygienic tub style packaging
Not a deep lip conditioner.

I would definitely buy again and will research other colours.

on 6/6/2013 1:27:00 AM

Oooooooh, I love this stuff! It is soft as butter, literally. And lasts forever! Even the cons barely count-- you have to apply carefully or it'll stain outside your lips, and there's always some left on your finger after you apply. This stuff is perfect for you if you hate the way gloss looks on you, but need something as easy as one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Overall, I find this product wonderful. It feels great on my lips, gives a beautiful pop of colour, and has a lovely scent. I figured instead of writing a book on the topic, I would just break it down into pros and cons. I hope this helps!

Pros:

- Has a light smell of rose and honey
- Instantly moisturizes the lips and is very easy to spread
- The pigmentation is buildable so you can go sheer or more intense
- Looks great on all skin tones

Cons:

- Packaging isn't practical and the process is messy. I carry tissues with me when using this product
- Doesn't seem to retain moisture of the lips once the product has worn off
- Can bleed around the edges of the mouth

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

IN LOVE with this product! This product does everything you want it to. It moisturizes, it perfectly stains your lips, matches casual and fancy dress, has a beautiful sheen to it, applies easily, can travel easy with you and suits all skin tones.

on 4/6/2013 12:37:00 AM

Very moisturising, no flaking, one dot gives me a lovely lip tint. I've repurchased one as a backup, and I've given it as a present to both my sister and my mother. They both loved it, despite thinking that it would be too deep red. Very reasonably priced for the amount you get, and it lasts a long time.

Popular Lip Treatments