Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente

Filtered by skin tone : Other

2.7

AG Myrrhe Ardente (Burning Myrrh) is a sweet, smoky fragrance that is easy to wear and stays close to the skin. It wears linear on me and for about 5 hours. Myrrhe Ardente is unique, enjoyable & unisex. More smoky than myrrh, imo - that aspect reminds me of that campfire fragrance from Tauer (Lonestar?), although the AG is harsh compared to the Tauer.

My EdP is marked 88% alcohol by volume, which really puts it in the EdT territory imo. Like all AG's that I've owned or tried, I don't think the price & longevity justify a full bottle purchase.

I picked up Myrrhe Ardente (and the rest of the Les Orientales series) in 15ml bottles for about $10 each, plus shipping, on ebay. At that price, I say go ahead if this strikes your fancy. However, I wouldn't recommend a FB blind-buy without sampling.

Sweet, vanillic, slightly smoked and as comforting as a favorite blanket, Myrrhe Ardente is soft on the myrrh but offers just enough to be mysterious without wandering into unapproachable territory. Sillage is soft and lasting power isn't more than a few hours on my skin, but even after that I still catch soft hints here and there. I wish it were more intense, but still feel it to be another gem from the Les Orientalists line and see myself using up my mini for sure and wouldn't mind owning a larger bottle.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This fragrance affirms my long-held suspicion that Annick Goutal and I will never be friends. I love myrrh, love its dark mysterious sweetness and its comforting vanillic undertones. But this is not myrrh. I don't know what it is. Once applied, it sits sourly on my skin, depressed and wan, staring sullenly at the horizon before eventually slinking away unnoticed. I get no myrrh, no depth, no complexity - just linear generic perfuminess that makes me want to sneer.at everything around me.

Popular Fragrances