Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Elizabeth Arden Intervene

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/24/2012 3:10:00 PM

This is the best foundation i have ever tried. It stay put the hole day and it just look like a perfect skin. No shine no grease just amazing. Try it!

on 2/5/2009 3:51:00 PM

this foundation gave good coverage and was very natural looking, although i have quite dry skin and it exentuated it a bit. so i would think it would be better for normal to oily skin types as its quite mattyfying, and is realy a good foundation.

This stuff was awful, not at all meant for dry skin. At first it looked great, face looked flawless but then it started to dry my skin out. It has since been flushed down the drain and won't repurchase. It's a shame because I had such high hopes for this after reading great reviews and it fooled me by those first few days. Again, definitely not for dry skin types. In fact, my skin even started to peel some from this foundation, so disappointed.

Finally I have my HG foundation for my new older skin. I tried a sample first because at that point was pretty happy with my Maybelline foundation until I suspected it was giving me the oilies or at least something is, still undecided what it is for sure but I wanted to try it out of curiosity because it was a top pick. Of course the assistant talked me into the wrong color as always and I a very fair redhead walked away with the soft cream shade, well despite looking orange I coud see the quality of the foundation and went back armed with a pen on a sunny day. I picked up all the lightest shades and put all of them on my jaw with the number written underneath (yes, I drew on myself) and walked off outside much to the surprise of the assistant whom I politely ignored as she told me they all looked good and checked it out in the sunshine. I then bought some in the soft shell shade, this is supposed to be neutral/pink but in the sunlight it didn't look any less yellow than the soft sunbeige just lighter. Needless to say it is a pretty good match with a little bit of wiggle room for summer. This stuff is amazing, it sinks into the skin in a very surprising way without losing coverage and I have never seen that before in a foundation. Initially when you look at the consistency of the makeup you could suspect it to be heavy but not so and it because sinks into the skin, it never and I mean never settles into any lines or creases. It is oil free without being flat or drying and gives a subtle glow and to top it all off, it stays in place all day. How on earth they have pulled this off is beyond me but I suppose eventually the foundation with everything was bound to arrive. Its not cheap but its not expensive either especially considering its performance and I nearly forgot to say, you need very little to acheive the flawless effect, I would pay more if I had to and even though I had decided to try and go drugstore for money reasons this is beyond tempting. Its marketed for mature skins as an anti- aging foundation for normal skin but I think this could work for any age and skin type less perhaps an exceptionally dry skin.

EDIT:I have a sinking feeling that after a few weeks of wear that this is drying my skin out and is isn't wearing as well as I thought it would. I might have to keep it for going out or special occaisons as I am OK for half a day or so, I don't think I can wear this everyday. I am heartbroken because I really thought this was my HG but this doesn't detract from how wonderful I think this foundation is although I am irritated just like the person who posted a few up that there never seems to be a good enough choice for the fairer skin. I can getaway with softshell but I could stand to go a bit lighter but that said this will be perfect after a month or two of sun.

on 3/3/2008 4:50:00 PM

Pretty amazing so far. I am a tuff customer to please when it comes to makeup. I have alot of coverage issues and dry skin. Not a good combo. I like a natural look with out alot of work to look it(if that makes sense,at my age this happens). I wake up at 4am to go to work. Makeup and the environment I work in is a great testing ground. By the time I left work I checked it out in the sunlight. I was impressed how it held up. I was actually afraid to look (so many disappointments). By the time I got home I looked at it closer expecting of course creppy looking dryness under my eyes. No fading or movement!
I was even more impressed how my other make-up stayed on! I don't feel this on my skin either. This is 03 SB. I am right on with my color. I always wore darker shade because of hypopigmentation issues.This really scares me that I like it this much. I will have to update to confirm this possible HG find. I don't want to jinx this. By the reviews of everyone else its a good find.UPDATE: I had to stop using because it was to matte for my dry skin. But I envy those that can wear it,it is very long lasting and the color stays true.

on 2/27/2008 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I checked the MUA top picks on foundation from time to time. Yesterday I noticed this item from EA suddenly popped up from nowhere, I was never interested in the EA stuff, but did some searching on the net & headed to the store. I am NC 30, GA 5.5, LM #4, I was tossing between the soft sunbeige 03 and the darker shade, which is soft beige. These are the 2 shades that looks yellow, those in between has some pink/peach to it. I bought the sunbeige, which is just a smidge lighter, but this fdn is forgiving & I usually put one thin even layer on. Unlike theatrical makeup, I don't believe in building the coverage with fdn, I will go over with concealer for spot coverage.
This fdn is every bit comparable to GA MSF, love the pump feature on both, I like the package better in EA better. One little tip of mind when shopping on fdn: since the undertone is most most important to me ie. be it yellow, pink/peach, beige. Therefore I always carried a piece of Ink-Jet paper with me & smear some fdn on it to watch for the undertone, I love it whenever I do that, the SA will go yack yack yack (they never saw that b4) ... I simply ignored them. Since the lighting in the store is artificial & ink-jet paper is perfectly white, I can easily identify the yellow tone & pick the shade (lighter or darker).
Oh, a nice satin-matte finish, may need a little powder on the T-zone, definitely will repurchase.
Update: I returned to get the 07 soft beige, Now I can mix 1:1 ratio to suit my skin & likely 1:2 in summer.

on 1/21/2008 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So, I'm a total sucker for GWP.. and the winter blahs have kicked in fierce. So, off to the mall I go... This foundation is the bomb. Goes on easily ( with a finger or brush) The MA said to "push it into the skin". It disapears fast, and I can't even tell where I placed it, it blends it perfectly. Dries to a natural, matte finish. The pump bottle is perfect, I have a feeling that this will last for a loooong time. It made my pores almost invisible, and did not settle into my lines and wrinkles. ( I'm 51 years old, and a recovering sun-worshipper). Lovin this foundation so far.