3.1

price range

Reviews

2.0

7 years ago

Not sure if I bought a dud that had product that separated but it went on oily! Coverage is very sheer, but can feel it on your face. Won't repurchase which is a shame because I wanted to love this for its ingredients.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

my hg tinted moisturiser. i love everything about this. the satin sheen and the color it imparts upon my skin, i honestly cannot live without it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

7 years ago

Not a bad product, just not that great either, although to preface this review, I've never had a lot of success with tinted moisturisers. I just find them too dewy for my skintype/liking. This one is no exception, other than the fact that the ingredients list is quite good and much cleaner than others out there. This gave me very minimal coverage and was quite dewy. I set it with my MMU and coverage was better but I felt like it melted off my face quickly. I'll reserve use of this to the cold, dry winter months when my skin needs a lot more hydration. but moving into the spring season, this isn't doing me any favors.

About reviewer (1110 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

7 years ago

I just bought this and love it. I used to use Tarte Smooth operator, which is way too matte for my dry skin and I was in between two colors. This Physicians Formula is not as matte, the color blends very well (and I have very pale, reddish skin) and it seems fine for my very sensitive skin. I am very happy with this, it is very natural looking.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

7 years ago

This is the most wonderful product I have ever purchased. Yes, it smells like lavender but who doesn't enjoy that beautiful calming scent? It offers a perfectly light coverage, and mosturizes without being at all oily. It lasts all day, unless you're running in 100 degree heat :) Highly highly recommend and hope they never stop making this product!

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

7 years ago

This is my HG face "foundation" product, because I don't wear foundation. I love the fact that it is organic, yet still accesible in drugstores (and yes, the ingredients are really good it's not just claims). It lasts a very long time on my face *14 hours+ and I love the buildable coverage it gives. The consistency is thicker, and there is a lavender smell. It only lasts for about a minute, and then you cannot notice it. It retails for around $11-12 where I live, but I have used this constantly for a year and a half and I still have about 3 months of usage left. If you are looking for something natural that looks natural on your face, this tinted moisturizer is a great option!

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I have had this product for several months and for the most part I really enjoy it. The shade is a very good match for my skin and unlike other tinted moisturizers I have used in the past it is not too greasy for my combination skin, it has pretty decent coverage, and it doesn't break me out at all. The coverage is quite natural and can be built up; however, it sometimes does cling to dry patches,so I don't think that I would recommend this to anyone with very dry skin. This product has quite a strong herbally smell that might put some people off, but I kind of enjoy especially compared to the chemically smell of many other face products. It has a very liquidy consistency and blends fairly well over moisturized skin. This consistency and the squeeze tube packaging does cause it to be a bit messy as the product often leaks out of the tube when the cap is off. Overall, I do recommend this product especially for people with sensitive skin that tends to get greasy.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

Surprised to see such negative reviews on this product. This tinted moisturizer has totally saved my sensitive skin. It's natural ingredients are not harsh on my skin and leave it glowing and moisturized with just the right amount of coverage. It could smell better, but it's not a particularly bad smell. The look is dewey and soft. I'll never use any other tinted moisturizer.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

Ok so I was pretty nervous about trying this tinted moisturizer, especially given its mediocre reviews BUT I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I have extremely sensitive skin and haven't had luck with most natural products because they usually contain one or more ingredients that I'm allergic to or are far too oily and make me break out. I am shocked that I haven't broken out from this at all, in fact I think my skin has gotten nicer since using it. I did test it first by using it just on my forehead for a couple of days, if you have sensitive skin I suggest doing this because even if the ingredients are natural, you could still be allergic. I'll admit that Organic Wear is a bit liquidy but it absorbs with no problem and is easy to blend (I use a sponge applicator). It feels a bit sticky for maybe 10 minutes and then after that it doesn't feel like anything is on my face. Also, I use a toner before putting it on which may help to control any oil ( I use Thayers alcohol-free witch hazel w/aloe). The color for me is a bit orange (I got the light to natural) but it's not terrible and I finish with a mineral powder so it ends up looking natural. I will definitely get the lighter shade though next time or possibly blend the two together. Being a tinted moisturizer the coverage isn't too heavy, it really evens out my skin tone and although it doesn't completely cover the hyper-pigmentation I have from acne, it definitely dulls the look of it. I notice that my skin is smoother and generally just looks better when I have it on. The best thing about this product (well second best after not causing breakouts) are its ingredients. The only ingredients that pose a low level of concern are Titanium Dioxide (natural SPF) and Talc, which I am ok with. Plus I paid 13 bucks for this TM which is a steal compared to the $48 Jane Iredale BB cream I was thinking about getting...

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairOther

from

7 years ago

I cannot believe my eyes when I saw the low rating on MUA! So I HAD to write a review because I personally LOVED it and so did my bestfriend. So first of all I have read most posts complaining about the color. Don't go with Light to Natural if you are between NC10 and NC25. Ivory to Light is the way to go. And no it will not make ur face ghost pale. I am NC15-20 and this matches me perfectly! Second, most posts complain about the herbal smell. It is lavender essential oil first of all and guys, this product is preservatives free, alcohol free, low toxicity and fragrance free. I suppose most foundation don't smell so good with all the chemicals inside so most companies add tons of fragrance into it that is horrible for your skin. Using essential oil to fragrance the product is the natural way to go so I personally would prefer having less toxic product for the essential oil smell than fragrance filled products smelling like perfume or plastic. The lavender smell doesn't linger anyways! Pros: -not expensive and easy to get (in drugstores) -organic, low toxicity, non-comedogenic -perfect color match -feels like a tinted moisturizer, covers like a foundation !!!! (doesn't cake at all and feels very light and natural though it did cover my 50% of my acne redness like a light coverage foundation such as Almay's) -doesn't break me out -doesn't dry sticky or cakey -great for days when u don't feel like putting foundation on or just using it as a base for mineral foundation/powder since u only need to use concealer over it bcuz it has a nice coverage Cons: -it doesn't smell the best but doesn't linger and is a natural fragrance (like I explained above) -the consistency is liquid-y so when u open it, u don't have to squeeze for the product to come out, just hang it over ur palm and it will leak out. make sure it is closed well when u take it on the go with u Hope this helped! This TM isn't bad at all. I did check the ingredient list one by one and NONE was supposed to be pore-clogging or irritating. So u are not supposed to break out from it unless u sleep in it. As a matter of fact, I slept with only this stuff on one week ago and I woke up with no zit and until now, I only had one pimple and not sure if it was from this. I used to be lazy at times and sleep in my foundation and it totally ruins my face for the next two weeks or so. This proves it is very natural and low harm for your skin. It is sincerely the best TM i have tried in term of coverage and ingredient all together! Definitely better than Laura Mercier in coverage and prices and ingredients right? Give it a try!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium