MAC Cosmetics satin

3.4

on 7/21/2004 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I read reviews on this site I often think some of them are unfair simply because people buy the wrong products for their skintype, skin colour, etc, and then rate the product poorly. This is a good foundation for the right skintype. Good for people with normal, normal-dry skin looking for med-light coverage. My beef is with the sunscreen: SPF8 is pointless - SPF should always be at least SPF 15. Anyways, it has a nice finish and blends well for me. This is not nearly as light coverage as some reviews would seem to lead you to believe. Lancome Colour ID for example is much lighter.

on 7/14/2004 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mediocre at best, I say. If all you need is a sheer foundation, then this could very well be just what you're looking for (especially with MAC's wonderful range of colors). But for those of us (like me!) who want to build coverage here and there, this doesn't fit the bill. It clumps/cakes once layered and looks unnatural. It looks fabulous when I'm having a great skin day--but then, what's the point?

on 5/19/2004 12:30:00 PM

I'm sure there are much better things out there. But it was fun while it lasted. I'm searching for something better and more worthwhile.

on 5/16/2004 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad that I decided to go into the MAC store near my work yesterday! Since Lancome discontinued both Maquilibre and their tinted version of Bienfait Totale, I've been a little nervous about what I would use as a foundation. I only need a very sheer level of coverage in an oil-free formula, but the problem arises when trying to find a match for my alabaster skin with cool undertones. As much as I love the consistency and coverage of many foundations I have recently tried, most are just too dark or too yellow to work for me.

Anyhow, MAC has done an amazing job with the Satin foundation in NC15. The colour is a perfect match for me and the formula is awesome! I admit that I still would prefer Maquilibre, but this will substitute nicely. It glides on smoothly and with just a little blending, it sets right in. Also, it doesn't accentuate my dry areas and works to minimize pores. I'm very impressed with its performance thus far. Way to go MAC!

STINKS like Play-dough and the product burns my eyes like hell. Too bad,it was a perfect coulour match to my skin.

on 2/23/2004 12:38:00 PM

This is a so so product, it's ok just nothing special

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A nice sheer foundation that is also moisturizing. I use NC30. I need to top with powder to set it. Good price, excellent color selection.

This is by far the best foundation i have tried ! The color matches perfectly to my bronze colored skin. The formula is light but, but it can be layered to provide medium coverage. It blends seemlessly, glows and looks completley natural: people compliment me on my"perfect skin" , not knowing its really my foundation. However i dont recomend it if you need a lot of coverage, it doesnt hide blemishes.

It's okay. Somewhat of a disappointment compared to other MAC products. Tends to separate after a while and has this oily film as the top layer. Tends to streak easily.

on 11/28/2003 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this one in NC30, the perfect match for me.
I have normal to dry skin and the formula is the BEST for me.
I have try lot of fondation but this is THE ONE!