COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My first problem with this product was trying to find the right shade. My aquasmooth and my pressed powder from covergirl are two completely different shades. My AS was a 420, my pressed powder a 240 and this powder I bought in 410. Now, my aquasmooth was way too light for me but my pessed powder was even lighter! How is this possible if it's getting darker as the number gets higher? I really don't know. Anyways, I thought this powder was too dark. I could only use this when it's summer time since it'll match my color then. When I first used this, I applied it all over my face once and didn't see a difference. So, I added another layer (not thick either). I still didnt see a difference then I went to school and my face looked so orange and dark! I don't know what happened on my way to school but it was embarassing. I ended up having to wipe it off my face which was no problem. The next day, I only used one layer, which was still too dark for me but throughout the day, if I touched my face for a quick second, I ended up having glitter all over my hands. It came off so easily and my face is not that oily. Anyways, I don't recommend this at all. I think it's a waste of money and you'll end up with a different colored face with glitter all over it.

This is not a good product. I bought the lightest shade even though i usually do not wear the lightest shade of makeup. It was completely orange and I looked like an oompa loompa. There is a lot of shimmer to the powder and it gives horrible coverage. It's not worth the $12. try clinique

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FAIL! I tried this because I love the rest of the Trublend line SO much. The whipped foundation and the pressed powder are HG products. This makes me look like someone got mad at me and threw glitter in my face. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy, well, I would. It's that bad. Good for 11 year old girls, not adults or almost-adults.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

oh where to begin....this powder was an absolute flop. I bought the lightest shade they had, Translucent Fair, and one of my co-workers asked me if I had gone tanning! I immediately realized it was my face powder! In the can it went. Never again.

I hate when I read the reviews first because it puts me in a bad mindset when a product I like gets low reviews (vise versa), but I really do like this powder.. I have clear skin so I don't need anything with MAX coverage, and I am fair complected so it's nice and sheer, before this I barely wore make up at all so it's great..
I use it with a short powder brush, and the coverage is great.. I don't reapply because I don't like my pores to feel dirty

all in all I like this product : )

on 7/7/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin haaates this product. I used it a couple times and my face broke out like crazy. Worse than it has in a long time and it's gonna take another couple days for my poor skin to detox! I wore it for a few hours in the evening and it did not even look good at all by the end of the night. Did nothing for my oily t-zone and made the other areas look overly dry. The first ingredient is talc and it also contains some parabens and mineral oil (mineral oil = BAD for your skin!) It is not oil-free or non-comedogenic. This stuff did not work for me!!

EDIT: Did some research. This contains Isopropyl Myristate. Comedogenicity of 5 and causes grade 1 and grade 2 cosmetic acne.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product contains too much shimmer. It might work as a bronzer but it is not appropriate for an all-over face powder. From what others have said, it oxidizes to a much darker color as time passes. I purchased this face powder and the blush in the same line, and am not happy with them. The packaging is low quality, and powder was all over the place even before I removed the sticker from the sifter. I had to apply tons of layers of powder before seeing any coverage. When I finally achieved the desired coverage (medium), my face looked all right in the bathroom mirror, however when I got to my car I discovered that my face looked like it had glitter all over it. I'm not waiting to see whether it breaks me out, I will return both this AND the blush tomorrow.

on 10/16/2009 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm pale and bought the lightest shade possible, Translucent Fair. The lightest shade is still too dark for my skin and made me look orange. Compared to the other powder I use, which is a really good product that matches my skin tone, this powder is MUCH darker than it. So if you're pale I advise you stay away from this particular product.

On another note, this powder also makes your face look really glittery. The shine ends up making you look like you're sweating.

on 1/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Meh... I won't say it was an awful product, but it wasn't fabulous.
I bought this when a) I had no money -- I think it was only around $8.00 CAD or something? and b) when Walmart -- the great store that it is -- didn't have alot of other choice of powder.
To start, it's messy. I hate the powder puffs that come with the package, so being ever so smart, I threw it away, keeping in mind that I had a real powder brush. Not a good idea. Now, I cannot take this product in my travels because the lid will fall off (poor packaging) and the powder will come through the holes and get everywhere. And it's sparkly... I guess a down side of CoverGirl, more targeted for 11 year olds I suppose...
I did like this because it was light, matched my fair skin tone (I bought the 005 Translucent Fair), and it was cheap.
I will not be buying this again, but it was too bad

on 2/9/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I know I'm the minority...but I LOVE this loose powder! I just use a concealer over any blemishes I might have, then use a fluffy brush to apply this powder and my face is glowing and beautiful!!!! I will say, these run very dark, I use Fair and I've got a decent tan! Also, yes there is noticeable shimmer, but that's why I love it. The golden shimmer is only noticeable up close, but blurs imperfections and creates that baby skin kinda glow! It's not cakey, and minimizes pores, and helps absorb oil. One tub will last forever, but I'd definitely repurchase when I run out!