Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup
Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder MakeupDouble Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

on 8/22/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is my best powder i have been using it for years now, it is absolutely great and don't leave powder mark on my cloths and scarves, it blend well on my skin and dont couse break out i already repurchased it twice <3

on 8/20/2013 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted a powder than would hold my foundation in place and make my skin more matte.
I have the shade "translucent" but it does have a colour, quite an orange colour for those with pale skin. The powder cakes, you can very clearly see it on the skin, it settles in laugh lines, under your eyes and gets caught on the tiny peach fuzz hairs everyone has, making you look "furry". It is very talc-like. I have normal skin but my mum has oily skin and this lasts about 2-3 hours before her nose starts looking oily again.

I love love love this foundation powder! Estee Lauder's entire DW line is AHHHMAZING !! This powder stays in place pretty much all day and smooths the look of lines, blemishes and pores. It's perfect to wear alone or over BB, CC cream OR a primer! It's also great to wear over liquid foundation for a fuller coverage! The only problem I have with it is that even a touch too much can look cakey and feel drying (like a powdery feel). Other than that, I recommend it to anyone who likes long wear medium to full coverage foundation powder.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like how the powder goes onto my skin; it's velvety and smooth and gives my face a more flawless appearance. However, I think the only reason why the powder application works so well for me is because I'm younger; I can see this powder being an issue for more mature skin. I broke out a little this past weekend and the powder just accentuated the problem, regardless of the concealer I used. In terms of /causing/ skin problems, the powder has no issues. In fact, I think that it's light enough that my skin could breathe.

Coverage is medium. I had to use concealer with it.

My hugest issue with the powder is its color selection. Looking at the makeup display counter, you'd think that at least one of the colors would match my skin (I have yellow undertones), but all of their colors have peachy, pale undertones that clash terribly with my skin and make my face oddly white compared to the rest of my body. This makeup was not made for asians, unless your skin lacks that typical yellow undertone that plagues me.

The price is also a huge reason why I won't be buying this product again. For the amount of product in the really cute compact, I don't think it's worth it.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this pressed powder. I have used other high end pressed powders as chanel mat lumiere and the finish is not the same. I used it over my moisturizer and I got medium cover velvet finish. A lot of people have told how good I look since I started using this product. Definitely I would buy again.

on 3/15/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have been using the double wear foundation in honey bronze (I am a mac nc40)for a while. I was using clinique perfectly real in 134 but I did not like it. So I wanted to try this powder. I got it in shade Cashew. I like the combo it gives my skin a flawless look. However there is nothing special about this powder. I cannot wear it on its own, it doesn't cover much. This powder is more for special occasions than everyday. And its so expensive it was $37. I am already paying $36 for the foundation so I am going to return it. And look for a drugstore setting powder. I feel like my foundation covers all of my imperfection that I don't need a powder foundation on top.

on 2/25/2013 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this powder as a foundation for about a week now. I switched from Clinique Perfectly Real because I just wanted something more matte. EL looks really nice on my skin, and natural. This powder does get oily on me after a few hours, but I don't mind having to blot. It keeps my skin pretty matte and smooth, and for a decent amount of time. It even looks great after a touch up, because the powder blends really well. I like it so far, and will probably repurchase.

on 1/31/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I bought this as an alternative to Jane-Iredale Pure Pressed Base and I like it just as much. The colour (2N2 Fresco) is perfect for me and it goes on very smoothly. I use it over a moisturiser and OC8 gel - applying with a brush. The coverage is buildable and I also use it with a small brush as a corrector to cover acne marks/spots etc.

My only issue is the lack of oil-control but I've just realised that EL makes "Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder" which is what I probably should've got for my oily skin.

Overall, it's not my HG but I'm pretty satisfied with it.

SO.. I have been looking high and low for a new powder foundation to replace my MAC studio fix plus foundation. MAC breaks me out BADLY, especially around that time of month, leaving me with an oily face full of white/black heads and some cysts.
I have been looking everywhere for a powder foundation with coverage as good as MAC and Estee Lauder's double stay is just that. Not only does it have excellent coverage to hide my extremely dark and heretitary under eye circles, but it covers all blemishes and scars beautifully as well!!
Also, I have noticed that with MAC, I would get oily throughout the day and have to touch up my make up every hour or so.. leaving me with a cakey look to my foundation. Strangely enough, Estee Lauder's double stay powder does NOT cake! It stays smooth all day long!!!
Overall, I am in love with this powder. It's $36 which is a little pricey, but I don't mind because I know it is not ruining my skin and has a great long-lasting finish!

**UPDATE** I change my review to only 3 stars. This has absolutely no oil control and I found myself touching my nose up every hour or so. Also, the coverage is no where near that of the Sue Devitt powder foundation I am now using. Still a good powder, just unfortunately not my HG!

on 11/25/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I thought buying ELDW would be a great way to touch up my ELDW liquid foundation. Liquid is not lasting on me all day. I needed something to touch up my nose, chin and forehead on those super greasy days (PMS). And I was hoping this would be the solution.

Disappointed is the key word. It is not working for me. I even tried using wet. It might be perfect for the young girl who has great skin who needs something light but for the older woman who wants to cover rosecea, hide wrinkles and look less worn out this is not it.

I love ELDW liquid it has been a good foundation for me. Although as my skin is starting to change I am seeking some new options for the dry 40 year old skin.

Let me add that my teenager daughter is loving that I have tossed this out of my bathroom and into hers. It works for her sensitive light pale skin. Her skin is on the dry side rarely greasy. She has the perfect peaches and cream light barely visable freckles soft clean complection we all dream we had. So this is fantastic for her.

Will I buy this for me? No way. But I might get another for my daughter's Christmas stocking. As it does not cause break outs and for her it lasts perfectly.