Lancôme Color Design

Lancôme Color Design

4.2

on 7/11/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have Trendy Intense which is a seemingly dark purple. It seems pigmented in the case but is very sheer when applied. It's so sheer that you can not apply it alone; it seems to disappear when blended too much. It has an uneven application which can be irritating when some spots on your eye are a brighter purple than other parts. It goes great if a base color was applied beforehand (a gold/cream color would be good). I would never wear it alone for it is too bright for my taste; I'd have to apply a darker color for the outer edges to create a smoked look.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product let me down a little because I expected Lancome to really deliver. I bought the color "gaze" and it was not as pigmented as I would like. It takes multiple applications to get the color to show on my eyelids. I do love the packaging, it's my favorite eye shadow package I've come across but I would likely not repurchase as I find that you can substitute this shadow with a much better one at the same price point.

on 3/21/2010 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I received a sample palette with 4 colours in it: Model (metallic copper), Creme Lustre (simmery dusty white), Chic (matte milk chocolate brown) and Strut (intense forest green). The colours are heavily pigmented and compliment each other really well. They should be used with a light hand because of how much pigment there is. The palette itself lasts a long time.

on 1/26/2010 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a quad with bronze, brown, blue, and champagne shadows. The shades are pretty and go well together, but the pigmentation is not nearly intense enough, so the whole looks gets watered down. The lasting power is below my standards as well, and the colors aren't exceptional enough to merit purchasing on that alone.

on 12/28/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a quality product. I have this in click. It is a gorgeous color and very pigmented. It stays on all day. I never have any creasing problems with this eyeshadow. It doesn't irritate my eyelids or dry them out. It blends easily and feels smooth. The packaging is great. It is so cute. I love the slide/see through top. I've already purchased another one in this shade and can't wait to try other shades as well. I've tried A LOT of eye shadows and this is hands down one of my top five favorites. Love Love Love!

on 9/21/2009 9:26:00 PM

I love the packaging! its a clear top that slides to open and is compact. Also, these shadows don't break easily when they are dropped. Anyway, i love this color. I honestly was a little afraid when i bought it that it would look ridiculous like child's make up but it ended up beautiful. It looks great in the summer when i get really tan or i layer it over black to get a deeper color at night. I also think it looks great with silver or other blues. Feels super smooth and has great pigmentation

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Lancome should stick to just softer, more natural colours instead of trying to make bright, funky colours. The pigments aren't rich enough and don't last long even with a primer. They're not horrible, just not worth the price.

on 7/26/2009 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received a free sample quad of 4 shadows: filigree (light highlighter), guest list (dark grayish brown), kitten heel (pinky-peach iridescent), and chic (a matte, medium brown). Also purchased Bikini Golden (shimmer) separately. Kitten heel is a very pretty color, though fairly sheer. Filigree works all right as a brow bone highlighter. Chic is a nice crease color for day looks, and Guest List has a smooth, even texture unlike some of the more-crumbly/flaky browns I own. I do really like Guest List for patting over dark brown eye liner. Oh, and Bikini Golden is a nice, sheer gold shimmer ideal for summer looks. Though none of them packed the highly-pigmented punch I was hoping for, they're all decent shades.

In the future though I'll probably opt to try other brands with similar colors.

on 7/13/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Copper Rush (metallic), and it's a pretty decent eyeshadow. It's definitely not as pigmented as MAC or Urban Decay, but somehow the "sheer-ness" is really elegant and classy. It has just the right amount pigmentation so it's easier to control and one swipe won't be overpowering. The sliding compact is really cute and easy to use. It only takes one finger to open it. As for Copper Rush, the color is shimmery but isn't glittery. Overall, it's a good and classy eyeshadow.

on 6/27/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Lancome eye shadows are not my favorite, but they do work great. They look great in the packaging, but the color pay off doesn't do it for me sometimes if I'm doing a dramatic look. It comes on too sheer, but that's great because mostly I do a daytime look (hence the 4 lipstick rating). My favorite by far though is Luring, it does have a great payoff and it can be used as a layer for a smokey eye or a sheer coat for a daytime look. Definitely very versatile!