Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

Filtered by age: 44-55
Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

4.1

From the moment Fantasy burst onto the scene in 2005 with its hilariously gaudy bottle and psychedelic packaging, it has won a permanent place on my dresser because the juice inside is just...everything right with the world. The initial burst of tangy fruit quickly gives way to a luscious velvety cloud of cupcakes, white chocolate and vanilla that makes your inner child squeal. The drydown has just enough orchid, powdery orris root, and musk to smooth out the composition, make it a proper perfume, and prevent diabetic overload.

Forget about age limits and wearing “serious perfume.” Fantasy is just super-yummy and super-fun, from first sniff to drydown. I do think something happened to the formula (and strength) of this perfume from 2005 to 2018, and I prefer my older bottle just a bit more because it smells richer and two sprays last literally 24 hours on my skin However, the difference isn’t drastic and I’m happy with the newer bottle I keep in my purse as well.

If you can’t wear it seriously, then wear it ironically. Just wear it. It’s Britney, b****! ;^)

on 5/19/2014 8:02:00 AM

I've been on a mission lately to find the sweetest scent i can find. I've reviewed Prada Candy, Lancomes Elle La Vie Est Belle and Victor and Rolfs Bon Bon. I really enjoy cakey scents so it's a no brainer that I thought I was really gong to like Fantasy. I didn't that much though am really going to like Fantasy. Compared to the other ones, though, it didn't stand a chance. Fantasy Is so light I can barely smell it on myself and it doesn't smell of class like the aforementioned fragrances do. I think I am going to have to pick pick Prada Candy though, That's caramel overload though and is awesome Fantasy isn't terrible though It really does smell like cupcakes though but its geared towards more of a younger market that can afford this fragrance. Lancme Elle La Vie Est Belle was my favorite out of the lot. A total class act of a fragrance and sweet to boot. Fantasies bottle is gorgeous and fits the scent perfectly. Fantasy makes me think of a rainbow in the sky make entirely of cupcakes and little pink unicorns are flying all about the rainbow. Cute little scent but not the best.

on 12/1/2011 5:06:00 PM

Absolutely not as bad as you might think. yes it is vanilla cotton candy, and yes it is very sweet. But, the staying power is phenomenal, and the bottle is very pretty. A nice, sweet, unpretentious teenage scent at a reasonable price - what's wrong with that?
!

on 12/14/2010 7:13:00 AM

My 17 year old LOVES this....but I tried it and I was surprised...I liked it too!! My daughter always gets complimented when she wears this and its the ONLY Britney scent that we like. The others are not as nice or ICK!

I'm an older lady...but even I wear it occasionally!

on 2/23/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't care for Britney Spears at all but I will admit that I do like Fantasy. I agree with the other poster that it is very sugary sweet and something I only wear in the summer. I think the packaging is really pretty too.

on 7/26/2009 7:18:00 PM

What a pretty fragrance! I really didn't think I would like it. I find it hard to find fragrances that don't make me feel ill and give me a headache. So glad this one doesn't, as it is a very pretty, not too heavy fragrance. It's fruity and floral. I wouldn't have picked cupcake out as a note if I had not read that description. If I think hard about it, I do smell that a bit, but not overtly. I definitely don't think "baked goods" when I smell this. It seems to be lasting very well, and is not an overbearing fragrance.

Edited to add: This is the only fragrance that I consistently get complimented on every time I wear it. And although many reviewers like to say it's only for preteen girls, I'm a middle aged woman, and I love it.

This would be a wonderful fragrance for a young girl, but I like it too.

I like the bottle, too. It's different, and pretty.

All in all, just a really fun, enjoyable perfume.

on 10/13/2008 5:39:00 PM

Loved this fragrance despite being twice the age of the group its targeted towards! Very nice foody but not-too-sweet scent, just lovely to wear to work. Will repurchase and it made me want to try the other Britney fragrances as well.

on 8/14/2008 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I simply LOVE this perfume although I'm ashamed to admit it. This is heavenly!! Very sweet and intoxicating. Great lasting power too. I do not know if Ms. Spears actually had any say in the choice of these notes but if she did I salute her. What an remarkably unique and intoxicating fragrance. LOVE it!! I originally purchased this at Macy's, and lately have only been able to find it at CVS. I hope this is not an indication of any type thought of discontinuation of this, because i would weep. I truly enjoy these notes especially when I'm feeling truly girlie and feminine. LOVE this one, but may not be for most as it is really sweet and gourmand with some notes that some may find annoying or too much.

on 3/2/2007 2:53:00 PM

I've never been big on gourmand fragrances, and initially thought this would be either too sweet or too "foody" on me. But what a pleasant surprise. Out of the literally hundreds of vanilla-based fragrances I have ever worn, I have to say I give Fantasy my highest accord. It's sweet but not overwhelming. Powdery, but not to the point of strangulation. It has all of right elements in just the right amounts. I only wish the shower gel weren't so hard to find. The body souffle is divine - the oils come through long after you have showered.
For some reason, men seem to love this scent. Or, at least, they seem to hover around more frequently when I am wearing it.

on 12/25/2006 4:43:00 PM

I ADORE this to death. Not only does it smell luscious--like Vanilla or cotton candy and fruit--but it comes in the most gorgeous bottle. The bottle is pink and round with little rhinestones all over it--very cute. I seriously can't stop opening the bottle and taking little sniffs of this every few seconds--it's that addicting. I just got this as a gift today (I had been wanting it for a long time though) and I plan on wearing it every day.

Popular Fragrances