Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder
Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face PowderMineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

I bought this in sand beige for summer when I'm tan. It works great and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I just bought the translucent shade for the upcoming winter months and it's the very hard to find 'for super sensitive skin' type. (I bought the LAST ONE) I'm excited to try it out! I will update when I begin using it.

UPDATE: I have used this for a good year, and this powder is FANTASTIC. I have hit pan fantastic. And that almost never happens, due to me being extra picky with my makeup. The coverage is impressive. It does not break my very sensitive skin out at all. Ingredients are better than most powders. This powder will give you medium full coverage without looking cakey and giving you powder face. I'm amazed it's so cheap, considering I've paid way more money for powders, and I haven't found anything that is this good. At about $10, this is a steal. Highly recommended, and considering how cheap it is, there is nothing to lose!

on 2/10/2014 11:53:00 PM

I like this product, it doesn't break my out or clog my pores, and it covers pretty good. I use it with my Elf Kabuki brush and to add more coverage I pat the powder in with my Elf powder brush. This powder is only full coverage if you use the sponge pad that it comes with and sweep it on your face but I find it gives a cakey look. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny after about an hour of wear. Although I'm not IN LOVE w/ it, I will continue to use it and repurchase because it's the only powder I've tried that hasn't worsened my skin.

on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

(Edited)
I have very oily skin and it gets clogged very easily. This powder doesn't break me out, nor clogs my pores, which I absolutely love. I use the shade Cremy Natural and it's a teeny, tiny bit light for my light/medium skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. This powder provides a medium coverage (leaning towards the lighter side of medium coverage). It covers quite well most of my few hyperpigmentation spots caused by acne scarring. I wouldn't say it covers really red or dark spots- I still use concealer on top of very dark or red spots. The consistency of this powder is very soft, BUT it's so soft that the powder goes absolutely EVERYWHERE if you're not careful. I apply it with a powder brush and I have to just tap the brush into the product, not rub it because otherwise it goes everywhere and you end up loosing a lot of the product. I like my skin to look as natural as possible, and with a light touch, this powder does look very natural, but if you keep applying too much it can look quite cakey and it becomes quite noticeable that you have makeup on.

I wouldn't say it controls shine, at all. In fact I think I look shinier than with my other powders, but that's not that big of an issue for me, I just blot the excess shine and I'm good to go. The packaging is a little bit too bulky for my taste, but that's not a big deal to me either. I'd say that the price is quite high for a drugstore powder (about $13.95). And I don't like the fact that I can only find this at CVS. Other than that, I think the product is quite good and will probably repurchase.

on 1/28/2014 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this product now! I actually bought the set, which included the face powder/blush/bronzer. I love these powders. It doesn't cake on your face and it brightens up my skin. I don't feel like I'm wearing 10 pounds of make up and this makes you look beautiful while looking natural which is hard when you have to wear makeup. I would definitely in a heart beat buy this product again I use this every day.

This is one of my favorite products. It is light and natural looking on my skin. I use this as my bronzer and I use this in the Sand Beige finish. I have dry, acne prone skin and this keeps me looking fresh and flawless. The packaging is a bit bulky for me since I never use the build in brush it comes with but the mirror is a nice feature. I find this product in most CVS stores.

on 12/14/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I FREAKIN LOVE THIS POWDER. I've been looking for a full-coverage powder so that I can wear just that without foundation, and this one's been great! It hasn't broken me out, it looks nice, and I don't end up too oily! It's a little pricey ($11.00 ish?) but I, personally, think it's worth it, because it's lasted a long time for me.

on 12/11/2013 12:10:00 PM

I use this powder in translucent and it does the job well with some blending. The added SPF is a major positive aspect for me as i use it in conjunction with an SPF moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and stays on for most of the day. it does not make my face look powdery, and is not thick, but the perfect amount of light coverage. the only thing im not crazy about is the compact design. the mirror and brush are located below the powder disk, so i feel like i lift the dish up to use the brush, spilling powder (this can get very loose once you get dusting). i usually use is with a separate mirror compact.

on 11/23/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used a lot of brands in mineral foundations but this is one of the best. Although, I have used BE for many years, I was not happy with the color selection. The shades are either too yellow or too pink, even in the neutral category. I am somewhat NC30 but not as yellow. I use Buff Beige which is the exact match for me. The other great benefit to this is that it lasts on my skin for hours. I have to use a primer for BE but I don't need one for this. I would say that this is a great product for people with oily skin. Also, your brush has to be made for minerals unless the whole product goes to waste. Highly recommended!

on 10/20/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

UPDATE 2:
I sadly must report that this DID end up breaking me out :( This would have been perfect if it didnt.... 3/5
***********************************************
UPDATE:
I wore this 2 days in a row and the lasting power really is phenomenal. On day 1 I put it on at 10AM, didnt need to touch up until 3:30PM, and it looked great when I took it off at 7:30PM. Thats about 91/2 hours! Today I put it on at 6:30AM and touched up at 11:30AM, which was 5 hours of wear without needing to touch up, which is great. However, I have noticed my skin itches a little bit when I put it on and I am forming a new pimple, but I am still not sure if it was caused by this makeup. Will update when I come to a conclusion.
***********************************************
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $15 at CVS, which is a bit pricey for the drugstore :/
COVERAGE: I use the ELF mineral powder brush with this and I get a nice medium coverage out of it. I only use concealer under my eyes and a bit on my nose and any super large blemishes I have.
FINISH: I moisturize before I use this, and when I put this on I get a satin finish and its really pretty!!! My skin has dimension but also looks flawless and healthy
TEXTURE: Its powdery but blends very well.
SPF: 16
LASTING POWER: I wore this out to a club and it did not budge one bit! I was dancing and out pretty late, too
SHADES: This is one of the downfalls. I have this in "Creamy Natural", which luckily suits me pretty well. But they do not have a very wide variety of shades
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: So far, so clear :)
PACKAGING: A little bulky and fragile, but I still enjoy pressed powders for the convenience of travel
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: I am really impressed with this. My skin has been pretty decent lately so I havent been wearing foundation, but sometimes I want something light that will give my skin a more "polished" look, evens out my skin, lasts through my day and doesnt break me out and this is it!