Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning (Medium 2 shades darker)

3.1

I gave this product a 4 because it did not streak or leave colored spots on me, which is something most tanning lotions, foams and sprays have done to me in the past. I'm not giving it a 5 because the bottle says that I will see results in 2-4 hours. I barley noticed anything. I didn't see any real differance till the next day, and i didn't even turn out dark. It did give me a nice glow, but I would have liked to have faster results.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have fair skin that freckles in the sun and barely gets any color. This product was really disappointing. I showered, shaved, and exfoliated before applying it and put moisturizer on dry spots (knees, ankles, etc.). Since it was my first time using it, I just tried it on my legs. The smell was horrible and lasted for several hours after application. Also, during application it was impossible to tell where I had already applied the tanner because there is no color guide (so you cant see it on your skin) and it dries fairly quickly (so you cant feel it on your skin). When the color developed about 2 hours later, it was extremely patchy and orange. i would not recommend this product because of how difficult it is to apply evenly and because of the terrible orange color and strong, gross smell.

DO NOT BUY THIS SELF TAN! I am somewhat of a fake tan expert because I have been tanning for years, and tried EVERYTHING! Normally I only use St. Tropez mousse but I went on vacation and left it at home, so picked this up on a whim in CVS as it had been recommended in a magazine. I even got my best friends to spray me and I sprayed them, as directed. When we woke up in the morning, we could see hardly any color change and when we looked at our legs and wrists we had huge orange streaks all over us! We are fairly fair anyway, but it did nothing at all on our faces and the smell was AWFUL! We had to spend an hour talking to a lady in Sephora who have us loads of samples to try and fix our disaster.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this product is awful! i tried it on a whim because it was on sale at target (that should have been my first indacator, because it was only on sale because nobody wanted to buy it!). Anyway i got home and instantly decide to try it,i was very exited might i add, and its not all bad the spray didnt smell to terrible but it did overpower my bathroom. so i applicated it all over myself and at first it looked nice once it dried. the next morning i woke up and i was orange! i had to go to school for 2weeks in the summer wearing long sleeves and jeans-mind you i live in the south it get quiet hot, like 95,100 degrees hot. neadless to say i was sweating like a pig. my buddy evn said i need to be miss florida because my skin was the color of the florida orange. dont ever purchase this

on 7/1/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am very fair. I bought the medium shade and when I used it there was no change in my skin color at all. NONE! I won't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not a terrible product, but certainly not one will I invest in again. I live in the south, but I am fairer skinned (I have a slight tan right now regardless of the product) and was looking for a way to look like I spent some time at the beach. While the tan comes out nicely -in some spots-, the packaging of the can leaves something to be desired. It may have been my can, but foam would often squirt out during application. After using it yesterday (I've used it twice), I have dark spots on my skin from where the foam was, and if I had blended the foam in I have streaks (sort of looks like I have a geometric Vitiligo). I had someone help me apply this as well who sprayed evenly, and they did not have a heavy hand.
A little does go a long way, make sure you exfoliate prior to use, and good luck should you use the product. Give it an overall 3 for working somewhat and being affordable.

i have bought countless cans of this self tanner. i used to use fake bake bronzer but at 20 bucks a can i cant aford it. even this is kinda pricy at 10 dollars for a small can that only lasts a week or two. but i do really like it. i shave and expholate my skin before i apply. after u do it a few times you get the hang of it and i dont have any streaks or patches. its very even and a light color. not orange for me at all. i love it because its sold pretty much everywhere. cvs, wallgreens, walmart, target. and its sold between 9 to 11 dollars. so give it a try if your wanting a little color on your winter pale skin ( my case) i do a coat every few days to keep the color fresh

on 8/24/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a love and hate relationship with this self tanner. I liked the color I got from using it but I hate that it comes out streaky sometimes. If you accidently spray too much in one spot, it will show up and its very noticable.
I like the color it gave me (I have naturally olive skin tone) But I wanted to get a little bit darker. This product helped me get a bit darker just it comes out streaky which I didn't like.
I'm still searching for a better product, I was kindof disapointed about it too. I bought it at target for about $9.00 it does a pretty good job, I just don't fancy the whole streaking part of it.
I might buy this product again...but I'm still searching for a better product.
But overall, it does a pretty good job..just be careful when applying it..I mean be VERY careful! aha

Overall, I'd say this is a pretty good self tanner. It isn't absolutely perfect for me, so I'll probably continue to try new ones, but I definitely used up my can and would purchase it again.

This came out more natural on me and didn't make a huge difference in color. I've also used the 3 shades darker micromist spray and didn't notice a big difference between the two. I bought this one because they were out of the other. The fine spray makes it very easy and quick to use. After using a misting spray, I will never go back to gels and creams, because it takes so much less time and comes out more often on me when you don't have to rub it in. It isn't colored, which for me is a big plus because I don't want my clothes to get stained. I didn't have any issues with missing any areas. It takes me about 5 minutes to spray it all over my body (I avoid spraying a lot on trickier areas like my feet - but just enough mist falls on them anyway) and then 5-10 minutes to dry.

I'm not sure about the color developing within a couple of hours, but I usually apply it at night and see my color in the morning. I haven't used any self tanners with no scent at all, but this one is less strong than many others I've used. While spraying, it just has a scent that I assume is added to the spray to make it smell nice. As the tan develops, it gets a slight typical self tanner smell, but it isn't bad at all. I'd imagine if you apply heavier coats, you might notice it more than a lighter coat. If it ever was too much for me, I'd just take a light shower (no scrubbing though!). I've tossed out so many self tanners because they were too smelly and this is one of the few I can tolerate. I think Ocean Potion Ever Glow is another good one for little to no smell, but it's a gradual tanning lotion and not a full on self tanner.

Looking back at photos when I used it regularly, my skin looked really nice and I had a nice glow. I'm very fair naturally and this never made me look orange. The only time I had streaking was when shaving my legs after applying, which would be the case for ALL self tanners. I believe I paid around $10 for a can at the grocery store.

This stuff is great for the face, back of the hands and feet but not so much on the body. I use diff products for diff areas because some just work better on diff body parts!
I am VERY fair and need to tan gradually in order for it to look natural.
This product is great for touch-ups and places on the body where you don't want a lot of build-up.