NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Dragon Girl is the perfect red! It was recommended to me by a NARS rep at my local Sephora and firstly i was rather hesitant because it seemed to me too bright and cool toned for my NC15 warm skintone but when i saw myself in the mirror i was stunned. It´s a gorgeous cherry red sade that made my skintone pop. It applies like a dream and it can be applied lightly as a stain. It´s a matte product so it can feel a tad dry but with a little bit of lip balm underneath i´m fine.

on 8/27/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Since I've worn makeup I been a true MAC ruby woo/Russian red matte lipstick obsessed nutcase. That is until I found Dragon Girl. Can we just stop and honor the amazingness that this color gives. The bright blue/pinky/red life that dragon girls breathe is worth every single expensive penny. While I still love MAC's matte red, when ever I put Dragon Girl on its like the first time all over again. I always think "why don't I wear this everyday again?!" Its the perfect pick me up/lets tattle this Monday lipstick.

Love this! Since I found out it was Taylor Swifts go to red lipstick I had to buy it and now i'm considering more Nars lipsticks in more subtle everyday shades. The red is really vibrant and stayed on for ages, especially if you do a few coats. One coat with a little lip balm also gives a great effect.

on 5/29/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Oh, how I wish this was longer lasting. This is a beautiful product, but it wears off from the inside of my lips out and doesn't leave a stain behind. I end up with uneven, "ring around the lips". It's still a beautiful color, applies like a creamy dream and is packed with pigment. It's not crazy drying but not particularly comfortable.

on 7/12/2011 12:38:00 AM

I tried this on in a shop and while I thought the colour was gorgeous, I didn't buy it because I usually find matte products overly drying on my lips and I also find red lipsticks too much maintenance to bother with on a daily basis. I walked out and went to a cafe. After two coffees and a sandwich I remembered I was wearing this lipstick. I thought it must be looking terrible and went to the bathroom to check on it... incredible! It looked almost perfect! It hadn't smudged, hadn't worn off, it wasn't on my teeth and it hadn't dried my lips out! I went straight back to the shop and paid the (frankly ridiculous) $50 AUD. I have worn it a lot and I continue to be amazed at how great it looks and how well it wears. I will definitely check out other colours (although I will be less impulsive and will buy them online!)

on 10/3/2010 8:19:00 AM

I love the color, I'm pale and it works really well. Gorgeous red. But I don't like the application and the texture. I think red needs to be applied with care, so I use a brush to apply the color of the pencil. And the texture makes my lips look dry, so I always end up with a dab of clear gloss on top. I will buy again, the red is perfect, I just wish the texture was smoother.

on 12/2/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

For reference: I'm a Latina, middle-aged, NC44 coloring--

This is a gorgeous color on me. A cooler toned red, vibrant and very glamourous. I like the velvet matte's dense and smooth texture. Someone mentioned it tends to run, and yes, it does. If this was less expensive (come on, 24 bucks???) and didn't run, it would get five lippies for the faboo color and easy application.

Very flattering to my olive med-dark tone. Has a bit of a graying effect on teeth, I note.

on 12/19/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite bright pink based red of all time. The color against my NW 18 skintone gives me a Snow White apperence.

It is a little drying but nothing compared to Ruby Woo by MAC another color I love.

When this wears off I’m still left with a lovely stain.

I also love the color of Icon by Horglass the liquid lipstick and lip gloss.

Let me start by saying this is the shade that I've been searching for. It's the perfect blue based red, with a pinky undertone. As a matter of fact, I prefer it to Cruella for the sheer fact that I feel that it flatters my pale skin a bit better.

Plus, being that it's in pencil form, it makes it incredibly convenient to use.

But, like Cruella, the formula feathers like mad. It's disappointing because the color is so incredibly gorgeous.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best red lipstick out there. If you have fair skin and love blue-based reds, this is a must have. I've never used any lipstick to the hilt as much as I did with this one. It applies nice and even and makes my teeth whiter. This is my favorite red lipstick.

It is tad bit drying towards the end, but it's quite like that for all matte lipsticks. I wish it was a twist-up though, because I don't like sharpening pencils and for some reason, any other sharpener that isn't NARS don't work on this one.

Repurchasing, for sure!