NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl

NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
Enter TitleVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlVelvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon GirlNars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl

4.6

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 8/27/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Since I've worn makeup I been a true MAC ruby woo/Russian red matte lipstick obsessed nutcase. That is until I found Dragon Girl. Can we just stop and honor the amazingness that this color gives. The bright blue/pinky/red life that dragon girls breathe is worth every single expensive penny. While I still love MAC's matte red, when ever I put Dragon Girl on its like the first time all over again. I always think "why don't I wear this everyday again?!" Its the perfect pick me up/lets tattle this Monday lipstick.

Love this! Since I found out it was Taylor Swifts go to red lipstick I had to buy it and now i'm considering more Nars lipsticks in more subtle everyday shades. The red is really vibrant and stayed on for ages, especially if you do a few coats. One coat with a little lip balm also gives a great effect.

on 8/15/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you have fair skin with cool undertones and love matte lips, this is the red lipstick for you! I saw a beauty blogger use this and I immediately fell in LOVE with the colour - it's beautiful, sort of a mix between a bright red and a deep pink. I have a hard time finding red lipstick, as I am fair and they can come across too dark (as a result I find them hard to pull off and I end up feeling a bit uncomfortable with them on my lips). For reference I have MAC 'Russian Red' which is another 'cool' red that I like, but it is quite deep and bold, which is sort of intimidating. I have strayed away from wearing it because it's really 'out there', and it can overpower my fair skin.

This shade is amazing. I swatched it in Sephora and I knew it was perfect. When I got home I immediately put it on and was in love! It's the perfect red because it's bold without feeling like the colour is wearing YOU. Don't get me wrong, it is bright but I think it's a great balance of red & pink - I have red hair and I adore how it looks with my hair colour. This is matte but I don't find it super drying and I also don't think it emphasizes any dry skin on your lips like many other matte shades.

My new staple for a gorgeous red lip!!! It doesn't disappoint, however I'd suggest visiting a Sephora or NARS makeup counter to swatch it on your hand or try it on your lips. I think the key to finding the perfect red lip is to get the right undertone to match your skin (cool, neutral, warm, etc). It is $30, which isn't a bargain or anything but NARS makes beautiful makeup so you pay for quality in this case. I'd also recommend checking out all the other shades of NARS 'Velvet Matte Lip Pencils', along with NARS 'Satin Lip Pencils' and NARS 'Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils' as well. Once you buy one, you will be hooked!! :)

on 5/29/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Oh, how I wish this was longer lasting. This is a beautiful product, but it wears off from the inside of my lips out and doesn't leave a stain behind. I end up with uneven, "ring around the lips". It's still a beautiful color, applies like a creamy dream and is packed with pigment. It's not crazy drying but not particularly comfortable.

on 7/12/2011 12:38:00 AM

I tried this on in a shop and while I thought the colour was gorgeous, I didn't buy it because I usually find matte products overly drying on my lips and I also find red lipsticks too much maintenance to bother with on a daily basis. I walked out and went to a cafe. After two coffees and a sandwich I remembered I was wearing this lipstick. I thought it must be looking terrible and went to the bathroom to check on it... incredible! It looked almost perfect! It hadn't smudged, hadn't worn off, it wasn't on my teeth and it hadn't dried my lips out! I went straight back to the shop and paid the (frankly ridiculous) $50 AUD. I have worn it a lot and I continue to be amazed at how great it looks and how well it wears. I will definitely check out other colours (although I will be less impulsive and will buy them online!)

on 10/3/2010 8:19:00 AM

I love the color, I'm pale and it works really well. Gorgeous red. But I don't like the application and the texture. I think red needs to be applied with care, so I use a brush to apply the color of the pencil. And the texture makes my lips look dry, so I always end up with a dab of clear gloss on top. I will buy again, the red is perfect, I just wish the texture was smoother.

on 12/2/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

For reference: I'm a Latina, middle-aged, NC44 coloring--

This is a gorgeous color on me. A cooler toned red, vibrant and very glamourous. I like the velvet matte's dense and smooth texture. Someone mentioned it tends to run, and yes, it does. If this was less expensive (come on, 24 bucks???) and didn't run, it would get five lippies for the faboo color and easy application.

Very flattering to my olive med-dark tone. Has a bit of a graying effect on teeth, I note.

on 12/12/2018 7:01:00 AM

Nars Dragon Girl is a gorgeous bright strawberry coloured lipstick. The red has slightly pink undertones, bringing it it to the cooler side of the spectrum, but it doesn’t look overly pink on the lips - this is definitely a red lipstick. The Velvet Matte formula is creamy and easy to apply and is non-drying despite the matte finish. It wears well, though does have some slight transfer. I find this lipstick lasts all day, even through eating and drinking. It leaves a stain on the lips when it eventually starts to fade. It doesn’t feather or bleed. The pencil needs to be sharpened (I just use the Nars sharpener). The tip is the perfect shape to get a precise application, and I like that it isn’t overly skinny. This way I can apply it quickly and easily! This is my go-to red, I absolutely love it. Dragon Girl is a Nars cult favourite and I absolutely recommend it to everyone!

on 12/19/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite bright pink based red of all time. The color against my NW 18 skintone gives me a Snow White apperence.

It is a little drying but nothing compared to Ruby Woo by MAC another color I love.

When this wears off I’m still left with a lovely stain.

I also love the color of Icon by Horglass the liquid lipstick and lip gloss.

Let me start by saying this is the shade that I've been searching for. It's the perfect blue based red, with a pinky undertone. As a matter of fact, I prefer it to Cruella for the sheer fact that I feel that it flatters my pale skin a bit better.

Plus, being that it's in pencil form, it makes it incredibly convenient to use.

But, like Cruella, the formula feathers like mad. It's disappointing because the color is so incredibly gorgeous.