Nivea Lip Care - Strawberry

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/6/2010 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've bought both of Nivea's Fruity Shine flavours/colours and this one is my favourite. The cherry one is good too, but I like the strawberry's colour a bit better. It's a good lip moiturizer with a tint, so I alway buy a new one when I need it.

Lately I've been addicted to buying different Nivea lip balms. This is my newest one, and my favorite so far. Smooth and silky lightweight texture, it sinks delicately into lips and leaves them soft. There is a reddish tint to it as well, with some microshimmer. The tint is along the same lines of the Dr. Pepper lip smacker, however I am liking this one even more. And it smells delish, it reminds me of strawberry bon bon candies (you know, those hard candies with jelly inside, wrapped in strawberry printed plastic?). Loving it!

on 11/10/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this lip balm. Has a nice sheer red colour that looks quite natural and moisturises my lips keeping them nice and soft. Has a sweet strawberry scent that smells really good and perfect to have on hand. Great value at a great price. Will definitely be buying more when I run out!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Has a slight sheer reddish tone
Does moisturize the lips but not long-lasting.
Love the scent and taste though

PROS: Nice sheer and neutral add of a neutral pink/light red to the lips. The color on the lips is a bit cooler than the color of the tube, etc. SPF. Feels good on. Yummy scent.

CONS: The shape and size of product make application kind of awkward.

****This is not the same thing as Nivea's "Lip Care Strawberry Kiss."*****

[[[ There is another review for this called "A Kiss of Flavor Strawberry Tinted Lipcare SPF 4" with less reviews. ]]]

I absolutely adore this balm! This is my absolute favourite lip product, and I really can't live without it. It went missing for a week, and I was so sad!!! If I had had a chance, I would have immediately rushed out to the store to purchase!

This is sooooo moisturizing, and has the perfect tint with the perfect finish that makes it look like my lips are really that colour! I got about a gazillion compliments when I was wearing this and at least 20 people asked me what lipstick I was wearing because they liked it so much, and were shocked to hear I wasn't wearing any! It can be applied without a mirror, which is a huge plus for me, and last but not least, IT SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE REAL STRAWBERRIES!

I can't wait to try the cherry one!!

on 9/7/2010 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this stuff. It smells really good, but that's not a deciding factor for me. The tint is great, pretty much what I've been looking for-- a true lipbalm with a sweet tint. The tint is noticable, but at the same time you can apply it without a mirrior like you can with Chapstick. I saw from the reviews that they have a cherry one, now I need to find it somewhere!

on 8/20/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

the moisturization does not stays on long...
it does give sheer colour that look sweet, but after a while my lips become dry...
too greasy to be wear with lipstick.
Much prefer the repair and protection one.

on 8/11/2010 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm is great. I would consider this to be more of a lipgloss then lipbalm. Its hydrating, the strawberry scent is not artificial, the color is very sheer. I don't wear lipstick or lipgloss, so this is a good replacement. Going to buy more when i run out.

Read this review for an unpopular opinion: I rated this a "4" for price because in Australia it's close to $4 and that is not cheap for a lip balm... or at least, what I thought was a lip balm. Nivea Lip Care in Strawberry is actually a very glossy and shimmery red tinted balm/gloss hybrid. For a product of this type, I would have preferred more actual pigmentation and a slant in the shape of the stick so that I can apply it to my lips more accurately. But because it is so glossy, and too pigmented to apply as messily as it did, yet not pigmented enough to be an actual colour-product for my lips, I felt like a school-girl wearing play-time "lipstick" or someone who had eaten a popsicle and then kissed a bag of french fries. If this lip balm 1) were less glossy and actually functioned as a balm -- it was not moisturizing enough for me and did not sink into my lips, rather it sat on my lips like a greasy layer of oil... or 2) were in a lipgloss tube and had the consistency and pigmentation of a lipgloss... or 3) were more pigmented and less glossy and actually functioned as a liptint... or 4) had played up the camp/kitcsh factor and had Hello Kitty on the tube and a cat-head stick a' la Paul and Joe instead of what I thought was tacky, boring packaging... I would consider rebuying it. But since I am a very very fussy consumer, and also the smell and taste were too strong and reminded me of candy, it went in the bin. What a waste of $4.

Top Rated Lip Treatments