RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/13/2008 8:11:00 PM

Picked this up for the very reasonable price of $2.99 at shoppers. A great neutral or everyday colour as implied by the name. It looks like a brown slightly peach lippie with shimmer. Good everyday colour but you might want to add some gloss on top of this because it's not very moisturizing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Against my cool pale complexion, brown eyes and brown hair this looked orange-ish. Yuck, it's a good think Walgreens takes returned makeup. I did give it 1 lippie because it felt creamy and smooth and didn't taste like paint (like a lot of other lipsticks taste). I think I'll take some of the advice here at MUA and exchange for an airy fairy.

on 7/30/2008 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is one of those colors that I think looks completely different on everyone. I bought this based on a picture of it in a magazine, looked like a deep nude brown. On my lips, it looks pinkish. Not even close to what the pic in the magazine looked like. That said, I do like it. It's a perfect summer color, looks great when I use a bronzer. I've looked at some of the photos in the reviews on this, and they look totally different than the color presents on my lips!! But I would probably purchase this again, I like the way the lipstick feels on my lips, nice pigment, decent smell, but not much staying power at all. But what the hecks, it's cheap enough!!

A great light shimmery nude that pairs well with a dramatic eye. This screams MLBB! Very moisturizing, but, alas, not long-lasting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i read that this is a good nude lipcolor, but on me it does not work at all. i am fair with cool undertones and this came up orangey on me. i much prefer and recommend Rimmel Airy Fairy as a cool equivalent! the Rimmel formula is moisturizing and almost a bit sheer--you can really slather it on and it does not seem to build the color. as a result this seems to wear off and not be very long-lasting, so i have no idea why it is marketed as long-lasting. the smell is unusual but kind of pretty, not fruity at all, a bit perfumey but it is pleasant to me. i really wanted to like this--i had heard this was a kind of angelina nude--but no way! i can't imagine why anyone would think that. the packaging is so-so. not gaudy at all, but the cap came off in my purse and that is a real no-no! if you have cool undertones, go get Airy Fairy instead!

on 6/19/2008 6:50:00 PM

i hardly ever wear lipstick (ok, never... just whatever gloss is nearby) but i stumbled across this review and decided to try it out. amazingly, this is definitly MLBB. the packaging is cute- it doesnt try to look expensive (most ds products that do this end up looking cheap, in my opinion) the little crown on the lid is cute. i dropped it and it didnt crack so its great. i also picked up rimmel's 1000 kisses tira misu lip liner (i never use lip liner either haha) which is perfect for me also. i put on a bit of balm, line with tira misue, swipe a very light layer of this on, and then top off with just a tiny DAB of whatever lightly pigmented light pink lipgloss i have lying around- looks AWESOME! and extremely natural- ive never tried a lip color that was my lips but better but now i finally see the appeal! staying power is so-so, the liner rubbed over my entire lips helps, as does putting a dab of concealer on my lips before i do everything. for reference, i have fair skin that has marked light golden/yellow (but not sickly) undertones, medium ash blonde hair and blue eyes. the only thing i DO NOT like is the formula is a bit drying, that is why it gets a four and not a five! will buy again :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great lipstick! I tried to match Kim Kardashian's MAC lipstick in Angel with a Rimmel color, and I couldn't find that particular shade of light pink. I came across BIRTHDAY SUIT, and it's a pinkish nude brown color that I think is actually better color than MAC's Angel. Especially if you're not wanting anything too pink.

If you're the type of person who loves the smoky eyes and nude lip look, this is probably the best color of lipstick for you to achieve that look.

For not even $4, this lipstick is beyond compare. It glides on smoothly. It isn't dry or cakey. And it really does last a long time. The color is highly pigmented, but not overwhelming. It's a perfect balance of all the things that make a lipstick great.

Here are the products I use to achieve my demure lip look:

*First, I apply foundation all over my face. The only foundation I will ever use is Revlon ColorStay. So that is a "base color" on my lips.

*Then I apply Rimmel hide-the-blemish concealer in GOLDEN BEIGE on my lips. This helps prime the lips and also helps your color last longer.

*I line my lips with Rimmel exaggerate lip liner in ADDICTION.

*I apply Rimmel lasting finish intense wear lipstick in BIRTHDAY SUIT.

*To finish the look, and give my lips a pouty/sexy sheen, I use Rimmel volume booster lipgloss in LURE.

Voila! The perfect pout, if I do say so myself. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like Birthday Suit . Its such a nice medium pinky brown
without being too frosty. I love the fact that it just "drenches" your lips with color! Its packed with pigment! and the way it smells...Its divine. This might be my saturday-look-lippie, You kinda feel like a wooden nymph with this one...Oh So Natural, on another Level :)

on 5/20/2008 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, fantastic lipstick for $5! It is the perfect nude lipstick for me (fair/warm w/red undertones, blue/green eyes, brown hair). Goes on creamy and has a slight shimmer. Lasts a long time and is not drying even as it starts wearing off (as other lipsticks do to me). I also have Kasbah, and Asia which are great too. Love the price so much I'm off to buy more, 1 for my desk and 1 for my car.

***PICS INCLUDED***

I think Birthday Suit is more flattering for warmer toned complexions. If you are pale or cool-toned, I think it would end up too dark and/or brown looking to be a flattering nude. However, at this cheap price, its probably worth it to try and see how well it suits you anyways ^_^ I found Birthday Suit to be on the sheerer side of formulas, but still able to build up the color. Also, try this one with Rimmel's liner in Tiramisu, its a very nice match.

Flash: