Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

on 12/27/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara, it is very similar to the regular volum express, I have the waterproof in the light blue tube, so either one will work well. I haven't used it enough to compare which one works better, the brush on the turbo boost has a bit more bristles, so it probably coats more. Maybelline mascaras have been good to me, they are cheap and do the job very well. I have regular sized lashes, not dark, not full and this mascara is a god-send.

on 12/10/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was using the maybeline volum express waterproof for 5/6 years and i was quite happy with it untill i realised that it was taking too long to achieve the lashes that i wanted ; first i used a lashcurler, put some loose powder on the lashes while i was curling and then the first mascara layer. after that was dry i applied another layer... this would stay put the whole day but it took too long to apply ! after that i started looking around for the right mascara but all of them were dissapointing for me ( i only bought the drugstore brands because even they were around 10/15 euro's and i didn't want too be dissapointed after i bought one for 30 euro or more...) The maybelline volum express turbo boost is the one i am using now and i must say i see the diffrence but not in a positive way ; it smudges under my eyes !! i already have dark circles so this is not what i need... i will rebuy this mascara untill i find the perfect one but i would give this one a 7 out of 10.

i bought this recently, very very good mascara! lengthens, gives natural volume, no clumps, lashes DONT DROP. The only criticisims are: it smudges a bit (i hv very oily eyelids), but applying another layer of smudge-proof mascara on top solves the problem! i also found it a lil bit difficult to remove, will try their non-waterproof one next time!! Perrrrrrfect otherwise!!!

I used clinique lash power, shu uemura ultimate expression, benefit badgal, shiseido macquillage lengthening, maybelline define-a-lash etc etc, this one is the best i used so far!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a great mascara and I'm glad I've found a cheaper everyday mascara (I usually use Lancome's Hypnose Waterproof) which will hold my curls and give them volume at the same time. I usually apply 2 light coats and then top it off with Maybelline's Define A Lash to give me length. This is definitely a "Batman and Robin" duo!

on 2/2/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like the fact that it does add dramatic volume to the lash, but I hate the flaky under the eyes after half a day.....I have to got to the restrooms to check the falling flakes every now and then, and I need to use the heated eyelash curler to prevent it from sagging down, I would much rather choose Lancome's mascara over this

on 1/16/2009 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara and have repurchased already. Because I wear contact lenses and often using rewetting drops, etc. waterproof eye makeup is a must for me. This mascara isnt clumpy when it dries (at times i get a random clump when I am applying it, but I always brush my lashes out with an eyebrow comb, no big deal) This doesn't smuge on me AT ALL. My lashes really do look fuller and the mascara does give length as well: not as much as a lengthening mascara, or something like skyhigh curves by maybelline,but for "turbo volume" this delivers. What I like best is how BLACK this mascara turns out on me (using the black shade, obviously...ha.) I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually use Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof, but I saw this one at the drugstore last time and had to try it out. This Volum Express Turbo Waterproof gives more volume than the Volum Express Waterproof, but it also smudges more. I always use waterproof mascara, and so far all the ones I tried seem to smudge on my lower lash. Volum Express Waterproof seems to smudge the least, but it still smudges. So my mascara hunt continues. I may buy this mascara again, but there's no guarantee since there's so many choices out there.

on 12/21/2008 11:09:00 PM

If you have straight Asian eyelash then this product is definitely for you! I have tried all kind of high end brands to the drugstore one and no mascara can beat this one. I use Shiseido eyelash curler then apply it, and it holds the curl all day. No lengthen or fancy volumn, but it doesnt bother me since I have long lash. I love the curl because it makes my eyes look bigger. Just wish the color is more intense, even the blackest black is still not dark enough. However for $7 (and they often have buy 1 get second 50% in ulta), I give it a full 5 and will keep repurchase it.

I am so disappointed by this mascara. In the first few days it isn't so bad but after that it is pretty awful. VERY clumpy and I find myself having to use my fingers to pick them out. It doesn't even put a bunch of mascara on your eyelashes; they look comparable to how they were beffore I applied the product! Overall, not a good buy.

on 10/11/2008 1:36:00 AM

This product is all right. It gives you a somewhat dramatic look - with the amount of mascara coating on the lashes giving the lashes a rich black colour. It doesn't volumize much though.