La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Noire du Mexique

No Image

on 11/25/2006 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a nice fragrance and the price is just right.

It's a rich sweet and smoky blend of dark spicy vanilla, some top floral notes and patchouli in the base. Kind of vanilla for grown ups.

However, I will not be purchasing a bottle, because unfortunately the dry down on my skin was somewhat synthetic/plasticky/cheap smelling.

This is a great vanilla fragrance and very reasonably priced. I've been wearing this for a long time. This is a sexy, incensey vanilla that it sophisticated rather than bakeshop.

on 9/23/2006 2:41:00 PM

A darker ,slightly chocolate vanilla with a light yet spicy rose note.

on 9/21/2006 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am not a fragrance expert by any means, but I love this stuff soooo much, that I had to review it. I took samples of all the La Maison de la Vanille fragrances and this seemed the most vanilla like to me. The others were either too spicey or too floral scented. This one is categorized as being a 'Soft Oriental' fragrance by Sephora. This is my everyday fragrance because it is not overbearing, but strong enough to last practically ALL day! Plus, I got several compliments while wearing this one & not the others. I am obsessed w/ vanilla scents & this by far is my absolute favorite!Definitely a HG fragrance. I use B&BW Warm Vanilla body lotion & body splash before applying this & the combo is perfectly vanilla!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Mmmmmm this is one of the best vanillas that I have ever smelled. I like this one the best out of all of the LMDVs. It is very long-lasting and sexy. Such a rich vanilla fragrance.
***UPDATE: Oh no, this fragrance isn't quite as lovely as i thought it was at first. There is something a little off about it now, so I took off a lippie. It still remains one of my LMDV faves though, but Madagascar is a little more my style.***

***UPDATE yet again: I pulled this out of the dpeths of my fragrance cabinet and wow it does smell amazing. The last time I wore this it was warmer outside, which made it more cloying. Now that it is winter it is working much better for me. It is spicy, yet sweet...almost a deep rich slightly fruity (but very tolerable) unique vanilla. Lasts soooo long too.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm in love. Truly my favorite vanilla scent of all time. I'm awful at describing fragrances, but this is just right. Sweet, but not too sweet, powdery, but not too powdery, fruity, but just a teeny bit. A perfect blend IMO. This is definitely a scent I will wear for a long long time.

This my HG vanilla fragrance. I bought this based on the reviews on this board, and just love it. The price is awesome(about $35 for 3.4 ounces). I would definately buy this again!

on 3/26/2006 12:41:00 AM

This has the potential to be a truly sexy scent! The vanilla comes out to play, but it's not cloyingly sweet. Then there is a nice powdery note. Usually I'm turned off the the powdery stuff, but I like this! The only issues I have with this EDT are these. It lacks staying power. Be ready to keep spraying yourself with it if you want it to last the evening. If you carry a large enough purse, snag the smaller 50 ML (1.7 OZ) bottle. You can find it at Bathtopia.com for about $18.
Also, the fragrance tends to have an alcoholic smell about it. I wonder if anyone else has noticed that. I don't notice it with other fragrances of LMDV. I said farewell to this fragrance, but I had to edit this review, because I recently began to wear it again. It's not my signature, but it's still nice for summer -- not too sweet and not too strong. I've received many compliments on it!

It's a lovely creamy and spicy fragrance, though just a teensy bit more spice would be just heavenly. I think the packaging is nice--it kind of looks like a martini shaker, the pricing is perfect--it doesn't have the greatest lasting power, so $30-$35 seems about right, and the spicy vanilla fragrance is divine. INGREDIENTS: vanilla, rose, jasmine, iris, tonka bean, bergamot

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just received this fragrance as a gift, and I absolutely love it! It's very similar to Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Amour de Cacao, but it's much cheaper. It's a very sensual, wearable, spicy vanilla. I usually find vanilla fragrances to be way too sweet and overpowering, but that is definitely not the case with this one. When I run out of the bottle I received, I'll definitely be going back to Anthropologie to buy more. This is honestly my new favorite fragrance, and I've never been someone who really likes vanilla perfume!

Popular Fragrances