Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 12/17/2007 2:02:00 PM

Ironic it would be that this cleanser that I have avoided like the plague through the years would be the 'one'. Previously stated in other post, I am an Erno Laszlo devotee for years now. My mother laughs at the thought of spending too much for skin care and has used this AWAB line for years. "You either have it, or you don't", in her words. She definitely has it!--beautiful, tone, clear smooth skin that I have always been envious of. Who knew I could have it to?! After replacing my EL routine with something simple and inexpensive (the cleanser and the scrub) along with EL toner and moisturizer (for now), my skin has shown dramatic improvements in the course of only three days. I am very pleased with this cleanser and would recommend to anyone trying to find something (anything) that might work for them. Definitely the best that Neutrogena has to offer- very soft, moisturizing and doesn't strip my skin of natural oils. My face feels comfortable for the first time in months.
UPDATE: OUCH! I used the cleanser this a.m. and started itching. Hmm, something is not right. After a few minutes of my face drying my bf just stared at me- what's wrong? "You look like you have been beaten". My skin is parched, dry, red, stingy, itchy and rough. This just happened this morning. I guess this cleanser has too much of a good thing and I just can't handle it. I will continue to use the scrub, treatment and moisturizer but will completely eliminate this from my routine. dropped two lippies b/c of the sudden reaction and embarrassing redness. although my face is as smooth as a baby's butt, and clear to boot, it is red and inflammed. AHA? Good Luck ladies.
*UPDATE 07/13/2008: Like I stated previously, I have yet to return to this face wash since my horrific inflammation episode. Although I kept the scrub, I guess the two combined was just too much for my delicate facial skin to take. I do have sensitive skin, so consider this a warning fair skinned and sensitive ladies! Good Luck!

on 12/4/2007 1:06:00 AM

Have been using this since my daughter left if after a visit a few months ago. I love it!! Really cleans the make up off and gives my skin a nice glow. I have tried many higher, much much higher priced cleansers and they do not clean as well as this does and at a fraction of the price. Only problem I have is with how slippery it is coming out of the tube, but once it is on the skin it lathers nicely!!

I think it make my skin looks slightly clearer and more refined. I have been using it for more than a week, no problem of any breakout and i like the way the foam it feels on my face. When you squeeze out the cleanser, gotta be careful to foam it carefully, as it is slippery and has a tendency to slip off to the basin. The smell is good, doesn't bother me (unlike Estee cleansers).

I will continue using it, if you don't hear my update, that means I still like it!

on 10/20/2007 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Likes:
~ doesn't contain parabens, propylene glycol, sulfates, alcohol, or other pore-cloggers for my congested skin; generally short ingredient list
~ contains both AHA (glycolic) and BHA (salycilic) in sensitive skin-friendly low concentrations
~ do not find that it leaves a film on my skin
~ completely removes eye-makeup and doesn't sting eyes much
~ $7.99 a tube at my supermarket around the corner

Dislikes:
~ no miraculous change in my skin after 2 weeks, but hey -- what do I want from a cleanser? my skin looks noticeably clearer and smoother. Would buy again, for the results and the comfort of knowing I'm not putting any pore-cloggers on my face
~ EDIT: too harsh for daily use. Going to try finishing off the bottle as a gentle exfoliant by adding baking soda to it.

on 10/15/2007 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this stuff for the first few weeks. My skin glowed and the pores on my nose looked much smaller and less noticable. HOWEVER...the honeymoon wore off when I noticed alot more whiteheads than usual cropping up around my chin and nose area. Then came a couple big, red, painful cystic pimples on my chin and forehead. I went back to my old cleanser and they pretty much disappeared...I switched to a new cleanser and they completely healed. After a month, I tried the Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle cleanser again (stupid!!!) and within hours I had a family of whitehead inhabiting my chin and forehead. I don't know what it is about this stuff, it sort of seems to leave a residue, so maybe its clogging my pores..or maybe its the anti wrinkle ingredients. Whatever it is, I am done with this stuff. At 45, I should be more concerned over wrinkles, NOT clearing up a field of zits. I won't buy this again.

It has a very weird texture, like plastic. It isn't so bad if I use a wash cloth with it. Only then will it foam up. But it doesn't really leave my skin feeling super refreshed, or anything. But seems to keep my skin looking good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried this cleanser many times. My skin just hates it because it causes breakouts/acne, dries me out, and irritates resulting in redness. Yuck!

on 8/28/2007 6:49:00 PM

I didn't really care for this product. It seemed like I had more break-outs after I started using it, not a lot more, but I definitely didn't see a reduction. And I didn't like the way it applied - the cream is thick and hard to emulsify in my hands before putting it on my face.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

my skin is almost oily and hardly reacts to products, but this cleanser just made it feel tight and irritated. I cannot stand the texture as well.

on 6/21/2007 12:18:00 AM

I love this product. I use it along with the Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cream I have really noticed a difference in my skin!