Bumble and bumble Surf Spray

Bumble and bumble Surf Spray

3.4

Water, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denat., Vp/Va Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Sea Salt\Maris Sal\Sel Marin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Sorbitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydrated Silica, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

This product is not for those with lack of hair skills (like me). My salon actually had a surfing themed party that taught us multiple looks to do with this product and how to use it. It's complicated, which is probably why people are having issues with it looking limp and weighed down. Even after that class I'm still not sure what to do with it, other than spray it on my roots so they are easier to tease, or spray it on damp hair and put them in braids to dry. It is made to be MATTE not shiny, so they recommended using a shine spray if you didn't like the matte look. It helps add texture to your hair and make it looks messy and piecey. So if you curl your hair and it's too perfectly curled, spray this in it and run your fingers through. I have seen it look good with a stylist using it properly, but I don't think I'll ever be able to get it to that point. I wouldn't buy it again but I don't think it's a bad product.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My Cousin actually gave this to me! But the first time i used this my head was itching, and after i read a review on makeupalley i knew it was from that. Also it kind of dries out my hair :( Well i have naturally curly hair but this spray just gives it a touch of gorgeous ! I would not buy it myself since it's so expensive! :)

on 9/4/2012 1:16:00 PM

I can totally understand bad reviews based on drying out the hair and and scalp irritation; salt does provide volume but it is very bad for your hair and not the best product for a sensitive scalp. However, the key to this product is to use it sparingly. Three times a week is about the maximum and use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner or weekly hair masks. Depending on your hair length you will need three to seven sprays. If it leaves your hair dry/ sticky/ limp you are using too much. It also isn't designed to give you instant waves. Either use it after curling your hair to muss it up, when hair is very damp to naturally dry into messy kinks or on damp hair before you braid them at night. A very good product with admittedly a very high price. After all, it is only salt and water

on 8/29/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this a few months ago after everyone at Sephora raved about it. It weighed down my hair and made it feel sticky kinda. Like an ocean water feeling which i know is its purpose but didn't like the feel. Didn't enhance my curl. Didn't feel like it did anything and didn't like the feel of it.

Although it is extraordinarily expensive, this is the only salt spray that actually does what it says. A little goes a long way with this stuff, and if you apply too much your hair will definitely feel like sand! Just a couple sprays throughout my hair gives just enough to create a messy, beachy look to my waves.
Even though the price is really high, I will buy it again just because it works that good. The bottle will last you a very long time, too.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

$24+Hawaii tax at my local Sephora. Does the job of giving more texture to your hair for a beachy, messy look. Smells like hairspray. Def dries out your hair so I like to apply Josie maran's argan oil to the ends of my hair. Great product but not that great for me to spend that much money on it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love more controlled wave and volume that will stay all day? Here is how you do it. Start with slightly damp hair. Twirl the hair into 4 sections. Spray the surf spray into the twirled hair sections, then clip or pin them up until dry. Let the sections of hair down once they dry without disturbing the twirl, run a flat iron over the sections of twirled hair. Let the hair cool, and then release the twirl. Fluff or scrunch or twirl your hair however you like it. For more definition, spray a little surf spray on your hands, rub them together, and then use on any pieces of hair you want to bring out. Voila, beautiful beachy waves without the frizz and mess.

on 7/4/2012 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ive tried this a few times but it just doesnt do anything good for my hair. It just makes it crunchy and thicker which for me is not a good thing because its already quite thick to begin with. I suspected that something I was using was making my head itch like crazy and after reading a review here I see that this was it. Especially since my hair hasnt itched since I last used this stuff. It smells kinda bad to me also-like sweat, although thankfully the smell goes away pretty quickly. I plan to try a few more "recipes" from the b+b website before giving up on this one since it gets such good recs from the stylists.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It did absolutely nothing for my hair, unfortunately apart from making it crunchy. I tried spraying it on damp hair before blow drying, on dry hair, prior to making braids to sleep in - but no "beach hair" look, unfortunately. Guess my hair length (just below shoulders) or structure (very fine) has something to do with it and it might work for somebody else.

on 5/30/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This did not work very well for my thick and straight hair. It gave my hair very minimal oomph - something I could achieve with a cheaper and better product. Nothing special for me unfortunately.

Popular Styling Products