Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 4/22/2019 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This looked flawless after application but once I used a lighter concealer and contoured my face I looked slightly grey. It didn't leave me glowing at all however my foundation stayed matte on a night out and perfectly in place. However I have ONLY used this alongaide the fenty primer which is amazing. I bought the shade 430 from Harvey Nichols even though I thought I was a 420. I explained my face is lighter then it looks as I am always given a colour too dark. The sales advisor told me no way was I 420 as it was too light. She put the 430 on me which looked good in the store lighting but because she made me feel like a idiot for wanting to try a shade lighter I bought it but I've been looking orangey according to my partner.
I even went back on a second occasion and was told no by a different advisor who didn't even attempt to put it on my face but told me 420 was too light. I'm going back for the third time to buy the 420 I knew I was which I now have to buy and I will be kicking up a fuss about their lack of knowledge.

Please don't listen to sales assistants follow your gut. I will never ask for help again regarding foundation.They have a no returns policy too which is ridiculous. They need to sell fenty in other retailers other then Harvey Nichols.

on 4/14/2019 8:05:00 PM

I bought it when It was released in my country It was really bad powdery too much which looked terrible on me like i had compact powder .

My daughter loves this foundation and insisted I try it. I have mature/combo skin and sometimes find it difficult to find a foundation that addresses my skin issues. I had heard this was a pretty full coverage foundation and was hesitant to try it because the last thing I want is for any product to settle into my fine lines! I decided to get colour matched at Sephora and the sales girl suggested I go half a shade lighter in this foundation. She explained it doesn't oxidize per say but dries down darker. She gave me a sample and away I went. Well, I really, really like it! I did apply it lightly and used a damp beauty blender. You have to work quickly because it dries fast. But the finish! Oh the finish! Beautiful! I could have skipped setting it with powder but did out of habit. My blush and bronzer applied beautifully. It lasted perfectly all day, did not crease or cake and did not transfer at all. I do wish it was less expensive to buy, but will definitely purchase it and this could be what I would wear on my wedding day because the finish and staying power are top notch!

on 4/10/2019 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I Went To My Local Sephora And Got Shade Matched Inside The Store. The Sephora Makeup Artist Instantly Matched Me In The Shade 440 Along With The Fenty Beauty Concealer In 440. I Was Immediately Amazed How It Oxidize In Like 5 Seconds To Give The Product Time To Settle In On Your Face Before Judging It. Very Great Product! I Also Purchased The Instant Retouch Setting Powder In Hazelnut & Sample Size In Honey. Very Great For All Skin Types As Well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When this foundation first came out there was a lot of hype around the shade range which yes is great but my foundation doesn’t match my skin anyway. I like to go a couple of shades darker to match my fake tan so I am more bothered about the coverage and staying power on my combination skin. I have been a die hard fan of studio fix for years so was reluctant to change incase it wasn’t as good however I decided to give this foundation a go after seeing it in Sephora whilst I was on holiday and I wasn’t disappointed!

It glides onto your face like butter and blends like a dream, I have read some reviews that says it dries too quick but I haven’t had this problem. I dot 1 pump onto my face then blend with a beauty blender then apply another pump and repeat. This is medium to full coverage so some would get away with just 1 pump however I have freckles that I don’t like so apply 2 layers to make sure they are completely hidden.

The foundation lasts a good 10 hours without needing to be touched up, ( I bake with translucent powder after applying). I love the feel of this foundation it feels so silky and light on your face. I will definitely be purchasing again when it’s run out and for now anway it has replaced my beloved studio fix. Can’t wait to try some more Fenty products.

on 3/23/2019 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The formula works for my somewhat oily skin. I don't find that it oxidized on me, (I bought shade 120) and it stays matte and lasts all day with minimal touchups. Was pleasantly surprised at how long it lasted. I had a little creasing around my nose after about 9 or so hours, but nothing too noticeable. Coverage is about medium at best. It can be built up to full but I think it looks kind of cakey if you try to get fuller coverage.

Applying it was a learning curve for me. It's different than other foundations I've tried, in terms of application. Since it is VERY quick to dry, you have to apply it in small sections, otherwise it will be blotchy if you dot it all over your face like other foundations. Moisturizing and priming is a must before applying, even if you have oily skin.

Overall I love how long it lasts. So far, I haven't had any breakouts from this foundation. I don't know if it's worth the full price, but it's definitely worth trying if your skin is on the oily side.

on 3/17/2019 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use YSL All Hours foundation & recently purchased this stuff looking for something that wouldn’t separate throughout the day & wouldn’t settle into lines (YSL was bad for this!). It definitely achieves that end! Doesn’t split, crack, stays the hell out of wrinkles & smile lines. Doesn’t transfer to anything - it dries quickly & thoroughly. The finish wasn’t too remarkable - kind of a powdery dull look, which I suppose is only to be expected of a matte foundation. It stays ALL day. I get a bit oily around my t- zone & it very slightly shines through, not enough to warrant blotting however. After work I tried to rub it around to test it’s staying power & it did not move. Definitely a long laster (I cant stress this enough, it’s easily it’s best feature). However, it’s got its downfalls. Oxidizes terribly. Buying a lighter shade would hardly help as it oxidizes about 2-3 hours into the day; and turns more orange than anything. It’s also not buildable whatsoever. I noticed it went on very light and the coverage wasn’t great, so I went to go add another layer and the previous layer came off! Left me looking a bit splotchy. It also is very drying; which could easily be overcome by using a strong moisturizer, but I won’t be changing my faithful moisturizer for this stuff. Its very hard to apply; being a quick drying foundation it will literally dry as you attempt to blend it with a beauty blender & you need to work very fast. I also got a skin reaction from it, not too sure what exactly happened but my skin became very rough & dry around my eyes & my eyelids were incredibly puffy after I took the foundation off! Eyes were also watering all day & were itchy. Cleared up after I had it off for an hour or two. To be completely honest I don’t see how there’s so much hype surrounding this foundation, it’s at best a mediocre product. The $12 drugstore brand Fit Me is a better product all around. For my skin type anyway!

on 3/14/2019 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Before I talk about the foundation I want to talk about the shades. I know Fenty has more than the average has to offer, but they have still failed to create a shade for me. I have a medium brown skin tone with a strong olive undertone, I basically look very olive but I can’t manage to find a shade. 290 got the undertone right, 300, 320 & 340 are peachy so they don’t match, 310 is a little too neutral and 330 is dark enough but is very orange, 345 fits the perimeter of my face best but it’s more red than olive, yet it claims olive. So I bought 290&345 and I mix them. But I don’t like how they pride themselves when they fail in the olive category.

So about the foundation- love the texture, not drying (if you use a non matte primer), blues pores, covers enough of my acne, covers redness, doesn’t really cling to peach fuzz.

But it doesn’t do much with my skin texture. Doesn’t enhance it but doesn’t help it either. It also dries as I apply it and it’s too quick for me and I have trouble working in sections I don’t like that at all.

I don’t know if I would buy it again but it is a great product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm very disappointed in this foundation mainly because it is soooo hyped and I honestly don't get why. It separates on my skin as the oils start coming through and makes my skin look very dull. The silicone content is off the charts, which accounts for my breakouts. No matter how I apply this I can't seem to make it work for my oily skin. To me it's not worth the raving reviews as there are many cheaper drugstore foundations that work better for oily skin.

on 2/28/2019 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received two samples of this as I tried to decide if I should keep the Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation I bought. I wore the Fenty for a couple of days and at first was impressed, but I did notice that it started to break up around my chin and nose close to the end of my workday. I gave it another shot today, and at first thought I would return the Too Faced foundation, but after blotting and lightly powdering my T-zone around noon, I noticed it was separating on my forehead. I took a closer look and when I touched it, all the foundation came off on my fingers, leaving a streaky mess! My longtime foundation love is ED Double Wear, but I was finding it a bit heavy, so wanted to try something else. The Sephora clerk recommended Fenty for my oily skin. I gave it a chance, but I won't be purchasing it as it just didn't have the staying power I wanted. I wear 1N2 Ecru in EDDW, Snow in Too Faced Peach and the 120 in the Fenty was the best colour because it did darken after I applied it.