3.2

$35.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

It seems like a lot of people hated this/couldn't make it work for them....as per the reviews here and general word of mouth, so I assumed it wouldn't work for me either and took a very long time to getting around to try it because of that. However this really is a nice foundation for me! I have well behaved combo (normal and oily) skin that really doesn't have any issues aside from some redness and wanting to have my makeup last. I'm pale and while I am probably technically cool toned I sometimes prefer neutral undertone foundation... I rarely find shades light enough, which is hugely frustrating. Fenty is all about inclusive shade range and I love and appreciate that. After trying both 100 and 110 I decided I preferred 110. In my experience 110 is very slightly lighter and less yellow than 100. I hope Fenty expands and makes lighter shades because I'm definitely not the palest of pale. I heard this was super matte, heavy and did that grotesque ”cracking" thing.... But that's been the opposite of my experience! For me it's a ”natural matte" look. It doesn't look dry or excessively cakey (you need to be careful with the application if you want to avoid a cakey look, but it's a full coverage foundation so it's not going to be undetectable on the skin no matter what. You absolutely will look like you are wearing foundation.). Infact I didn't have problems with it being dry on application like so many people mentioned, maybe it's just my skin type...or how I prep my skin (serum and a hydrating spray). It worked great with my favorite powder (meow cosmetics mineral powder, the lightest coverage formula) and setting spray (Milani make it last). I've used it with and without the matching Fenty primer and yes it's definitely slightly better with the primer. I don't have texture, acne or major skin issues so I can only speak on coverage as it pertains to my needs but it was great for me, I didn't need to spot conceal or even think twice about anything. This is one of those foundations you really just need to get a sample and try because it might work well for you...or it might not but it's so worth it if it does. I love that it's reasonably priced too! It's a strong contender for my wedding foundation, that's how much I love it.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

2 months ago

I didn’t like it. Not long lasting. After a couple of hours, my face gets oily. Definitely not matte.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 months ago

Omg, it's terrible. This foundation is super dry. If I apple it on my face in 30 seconds without using the sponge to blend it, it will stick on my face. To be honest, if you mix it with some HA, moisture, or some serum, it's better and easier to apply. It brings me a finish matte which look pretty good but too dry but after one or 2 hours. But after that, it starts caking, breaking, and my face starts becoming so oily. So cakey so dry....

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark

HairOther

3.0

3 months ago

I was very disappointed by this foundation :((. Much like the primer, I had read incredible things about it and was so excited to try it. It’s ‘matte long wear’ claim was exactly what I was after but it did not quite deliver how I expected. The packaging is beautiful. The frosted glass with the white lid looks very classy. The formula however oxidises about 2 shades darker than the original application shade. It looks particularly heavy on the areas where I have more texture and breaks up around my nose and my smile lines. It also does not wear very well and does not keep my skin very matte throughout the day. I do not reach for this foundation over my drugstore ones often at all as it does not perform nearly as well. I was very disappointed by this product and am so jealous of the people that it works on lol :)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 months ago

For what it does with the tiniest amount on moisturized skin, the perfect colour match, and how it isn't bad for my sensitive skin as long as I wash it off properly with double cleansing, I will not go to any other foundation after this. As long as the formula remains as it is. My youngest climbed up and opened this, emptied out a huge amount before I found it, and I was so sad before I realized with the small amount remaining, it will still last a while as it is so dense in pigmentation.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

1.0

4 months ago

The only good thing about this foundation is the pretty packaging... I dont think Ive ever hated, and could not make work, a foundation more. ZERO coverage, terrible colour (120 too pale and pink but then the next neutral option was far too dark) overly shiny finish within an hour and nothing blended on top of it. Ive tried multiple ways to make it work with all sorts of different things underneath, different application techniques, full spectrum of brands used on top and absolutely nothing looks good. Im very confident with makeup and particularly use to using 'difficult' foundations like Double Wear, It cosmetics CC, Beyond perfecting, colorstay etc and this fenty foundation was just something else!

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

4 months ago

Tried a sample of this foundation and this does go on beautifully, I used the shade 180 which is very yellow but it just suits my undertone perfectly, and for reference I am NC20. The issue with this foundation is that it doesn’t last on my oily skin, it just disappears throughout the day, mainly on and around my nose, chin, and forehead. And no it’s not long wearing. Not oily skin friendly either.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairBlack

4 months ago

Very drying, that’s the only problem I have.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

4 months ago

The best even compare led to Sisley, mer and cdp. Use only with Fenty instant retouch primer and it works only if shake the bottle. I use CT airbrush powder or Hourglass. You do need to moisturize before

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

4 months ago

Update 2.0: Well, seems I'm getting an allergic reaction or sensitivity to this foundation (and primer.) Could be the primer: I don't do well with dimethicone. I got small red bumps mostly on my nose and my nose even looked swollen. As the primer seems to be necessary to get a good smooth matte finish, I'm thinking I'm not a good candidate for this foundation-primer duo but if you have oily skin, you might really like it. It does hold all day even in sweaty conditions. Update: After wearing this a week during humid weather, I'm still on the fence. The foundation color choice is problematic; I'd like darker but it does dry down darker than it looks on initial application, and seem to fade into my skin color by end of day. It definitely holds up under sweating; I did 2 hours of interviews for a podcast in an un-airconditioned room on an 84 degree day (the sound...we had to turn off the AC) and I was perspiring but the foundation held and looked great after the 2 hour drive home. In fact, it looked better than when I started. I give it full marks for durability. It prevents shine. It doesn't cake on me or break up. I might like one shade darker. Still considering exchanging it. ----------------- I'm not sure what to think of this foundation. I wanted a full coverage foundation for stage work and videos. And limited shine except where I put it. So...Fenty Beauty came highly recommended. Coverage medium to full. Matte surface feels smooth and dry after application over FB primer. Color, this was trouble. I was designated a 200 but due to the oxidation that is so prevalent, I went with 185. I'm slightly tanned now and it was a shade too light but did oxidize to slightly brighter than I'd choose but acceptable. I wore it to practice which is in a room with little A/C due to the noise and after sweating while playing for an hour, my face was in place. Wrinkles and lines tend to be emphasized a bit but it does mostly look smooth. By the end of the day (8-10 hour wear) the surface was smooth and not broken through or cakey. The color definitely oxidizes as it wasn't too pale anymore. I think I'd still prefer a darker shade but I went 2 shades lighter and it worked out. I think this is a somewhat troublesome foundation; it is long-wearing but finding the right shade is a problem because it may or may not dry down darker on you. And it's drying--if you are dry, this is not for you. I'm not dry--normal, I'd say.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over