Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got 2 samples of this even though I already found an awesome liquid foundation called Photo Focus by Wetnwild - anyway, I wanted to give this hyped foundation a try. My color is 130 which is extremely yellow but the actual color blends out to a beautiful neutral shade that matched me perfectly. From 2 ft away, it looks like I'm not wearing anything. The formula though, to me is terrible. It doesn't blend, it rubs off and the smell bothers me. Even though the shade was perfect, when up close, you can see the makeup because it just won't melt into skin. It waters my eyes and gave me a rash on the sides of my nose in addition to everything else. Even when my oils blended in with the foundation, it still looked terrible. The wetnwild foundation (although I haven't found my perfect shade) won't rub off, doesn't transfer, blends in seconds and has no fragrance. Bottom line is I'm glad I got a sample of this so now I know I won't be buying it. Reference: I tried this with and without primer and had the same effect. I wore Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30 zinc sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer and various other primers and it still would not work or blend.

Hard to blend, settles in lines, makes skin dry, and wears off very quickly.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because I love Rihanna, and not because I needed one more foundation. I found my HG in Nars sheer glow, but I wanted to see if pro filtr lived up to the hype. I bought it with the primer (which I friggin love!) in the shade 120, because I'd heard that this product oxidizes like a motha. It's a great match for my NW15 skin. I find powdering to set this is unnecessary, and I end up a bit cakey at the end of the day if I do. Plays well with my urban decay all nighter spray, and other products layer extremely well over it, meaning the fdn doesn't lift up or move around when I'm applying and blending. I get best application using a damp beauty sponge, brush application left me a streaky mess, but your experience may be different. I look pretty flawless throughout my 10 hour days and this baby can handle a sweaty 4 hour dance session like a champ! The only con to this product that I've found is that it's a bit dry for my skin type, so it settles and creases in the very few wrinkles I have. I solved that with a few drops of facial oil mixed together before I apply, but since I have to do that this gets 4 lippies instead of 5. Overall I dig this fdn and would repurchase. Eagerly awaiting the release of her new concealers!!

on 1/4/2019 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love everything behind this brand however I feel that this product could improve to evolve into the perfect foundation if they could make it last longer and look a little less matte but that may be just a personal preference. I love the fragrance and texture of this formula, I have some freckles on my face and in spite of the high coverage that it has it is still possible to see them maintaining a natural and light look that honestly fascinates me. The price is fair, excellent shade range, fabulous packaging, you must give it a try.

I am Oriental, and staying in a tropical country. My complexion colour is medium, and I have a combination of oily and dry skin, but mostly oily, with open pores. I use Pro Filt’r (No. 200) on my face except for my nose. The shade is slightly lighter than my skin tone, but there’s no different shades visible (face and neck) when photos are taken. It is long lasting and keeps my skin fresh and does not streak. I have it on for around 10 hours a day, and my skin still looks great at the end of the day. The foundation is very bendable. I apply this foundation with my fingers. No brush or beauty blender. I have tried foundation brush but I find using fingers are still the best, it blends into my skin. For my nose, I have to put on a different foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation (Cool Creme no. 3C0). I find that Fenty foundation tends to streak and stays on top of my nose, doesn’t blend in easily and the different shades around my nose and cheek is visible. Before I put on the Fenty foundation, I’d apply The Porefessional as a base by Benefit.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation oxidizes like a B! It also has really weird undertones. Not a fan

on 12/26/2018 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is amazing. It looks very natural on the skin as it has a natural finish. It also doesn't transfer at all and there is no need for setting powder with this foundation.
I do think that this product is rather expensive, but it's worth every penny!

on 12/25/2018 3:23:00 PM

This is an okay foundation. I love the colours (I took the lightest one), bit the formula was just not quite there. It accentuated dry patches that I didn't notice before - it's a fairly matte formula so that's probably why. It also tends to face off throughout the day quite a lot, I would say it only lasts like 3 hours before a noticeable difference in texture and coverage - and by the end of the day it literally had faded so much that the area's I put concealer in stood out like crazy because they were still there. This is with setting powder and primer by the way. I was hoping to love it, and still have almost a full bottle left! :( going to try MUFE HD foundation next, or go back to my Sephora 10hr.

on 12/25/2018 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this alot...this is the only true full coverage liquid foundation I own because I hate heavy foundation lol, but I don't hate this. I'm 49 yo, and even though I'm still very oily, I don't gravitate towards a full matte base. This product is just really really good, and when I add a drop off jojoba oil to half a pump, I get a perfect, flawless look. There's a great color range, and neutral 150 is perfect for my N20/25 skintone. I will definitely repurchase.

I have dry - combo skin. The colour match on this foundation is great but the texture/coverage just isn’t for me. This foundation makes my skin look dull and dry. You can definitely see that you’re wearing foundation. I prefer a medium coverage foundation that looks like skin, or is slightly more dewy.
I don’t like the pump - I feel like once I finished the bottle there was still some left in the bottom that I couldn’t get to.
I also find you have to blend it immediately or it sticks to the skin and won’t blend out. It tends to stick to dry patches. I want to love this, but I just don’t.