MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.1

on 4/14/2009 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I picked this up at the outlet for my daughter's dance recital but wound up keeping it for myself. It's so pretty and lasts on the skin. Great product!

on 4/1/2009 10:21:00 AM

this is a really great product for highlighting your cheekbones or to add in your moisturizer for a nice subtle shimmer. if you use it on your face go VERY lightly with it, you just need a tiny bit and it goes a long way. i even pressed a little of this in an empty eye shdaow pan so i can take it with me in palette when i travel. its much more convenient than taking the whole jar. it sells for $21 which is cheap cause they give you a lot, this powder could seriously last you years depending on how you use it.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a superb silver shimmer that can be used many ways. I have both this one & the golden bronze. It looks great whether applying a little or a lot. The container is huge & I have had it for several years and I am not even halfway through it.

this is a wonderful highlighter, and i'd recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. this looks best in the summer as i wind up looking a little 'frosted' in the winter when my complexion is lighter. for the amount of product you get and the versatility you can have with this, it's worth every penny.
i dust a little on my cheekbones, and i use it in the inner corners of my eyes, and it brightens my entire eye area. i buffed this onto my arms and legs when i went to the beach, and it looked stunning.
the only problem i have with this product is the packaging. i occasionally travel here and there, and a plane ride later, there's product everywhere when i open the jar. trying to get it back through the sifter is no easy task either.
other than that, this is amazing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product gets my vote, with one important caveat: the key with this stuff is controlled and careful application. The first time I played around with it I dusted it over my face with my #129 brush and it looked okay in the bathroom light, but when I took my mirror outside and checked myself out in the truthful light of day, I realised that I looked like a sweaty drag queen. From this, I learned a few things, namely to dust it only lightly on the cheekbones, browbone and very lightly around the eyes, and to avoid dusting it on the forehead (which I found the cause of the sweaty look). Also, I really wouldn't wear this during the day because it is a bit too disco glam for daylight. For a more subtle all-over shimmer, I recommend ModelCo Shimmer Airbrush Illuminator. You can control the amount of shimmer by spraying the can further or closer to your face and body. A light spray of this over the face and body sets the look and doesn't leave you looking like a disco tragic.

This is becoming one of my fav MAC products. It looks extremely gorgeous if applied correctly. I use it with my 184 brush and it looks perfectly glowy on my skin. I will definitely repurchase.

Not that I've needed to purchase again, but I would! It lasts forever, and a little goes a long way. During the day i mix with my foundation, and use to highlight my eyebrows, and in the evening I use it with some cheek stain and on my arms and chest.
Looks great!

on 10/9/2005 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

You get lots of shimmery silver powder w/ this. I love it as a highlighter on my brows, as long as i use a light touch. It is very rich and can be overpowering if you use too generously.
My favorite use for it so far is to sprinkle a small bit of it into my hand before lotioning my arms and shoulders for a subtle, but flirtatious sparkle while out on the town.

on 5/16/2005 8:49:00 PM

I have the irridescent loose powder in silver dusk. It's interesting, but in all honesty, I'm disappointed with it. I think that it is misleading to call it irridescent. Irridescent means that it breaks up the light and gives a rainbow-colored oil slick effect. This powder is just glittery. It's also VERY strong. Maybe I'd dust it over my shoulders or in my cleavage, but I can't imagine using it on my face. I'd say get fairylite pigment or Shu IR rainbow eyeshadow instead. If it were sold as a glittery powder, I'd probably give it a higher review. But as an irridescent powder, it falls short.

This was a rec for Valentine's Day. Because of nasal allergies and sinusitis,:( I have to be careful with loose powder, but when I use it I am picky! It is expensive, but as I won't use as my "staple" powder it will pay for itself...This is excellent quality. A definately pink with slight silver sheen, not over the top, a unique sexy sheen. Now if they would just make this particular color in compact form...