MAC Lustre - Mythology

MAC Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

on 4/16/2010 6:16:00 AM

This was the first coppery eyeshadow that I bought where I then decided coppers were for me! I truly love this colour. It looks a bit glittery in the pan, but I don't think it looks glittery on my eyes (Thank God as I hate glitter). The colour complements my Green eyes a treat. I can wear this as a more natural colour, or really build it up for a more dramatic eye.

I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hmm, I really do love this colour and the sparkle effect, I just don't like lustres. They have way to much fall out and the glitter can irritate the eye. However, when used with a sticky base (i.e. paint pot) it really does help prevent the glitter from migrating. This is a great shade for green eyes. I will continue to use it.

on 3/28/2010 1:39:00 PM

I got this eyeshadow last week and it's my new favourite shadow! I asked for an eyeshadow to bring out my eyes because they are green with a little pinch of brown.I totally can see how it flatters my eyes. The colour is unbelievable! The only flaw is that the glitters pretty much after a while goes on your cheeks but not too much.And the colour lasts as it should for over 8 hours! (i counted :P ) Oh!i use it actually with bare study paint pot! I think it's a must have colour for every woman who has green eyes because the redish undertones really bring out the green.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like it but I don't love it and don't always reach for it. It looks pretty but maybe just not on me, kinda comes off orangey on my nw20 skin...maybe for summer it will look better?
I also think it looks better on green eyes.

on 2/17/2010 12:47:00 AM

Very similar to Anabelle nugget shadow, but a nicer shimmer to it. It looks almost red on the model above, but shows up as a soft copper when I use it in my crease. It's a lovely colour against my green eyes and with MAC naked lunch as the all over wash.

on 1/23/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

So amazing! Probably the best Lustre finish shadow MAC carries. Mythology is a shimmery copper shadow that actually has fabulous pigmentation (which as we all know is quite unusual for Lustres). Looks fabulous on anyone with warm undertones; I'm NC20 and I wore it today just alone on my lid and I lined my lower lid with it. Looks fabulous!! Highly recommended and would definitely buy again.

on 1/18/2010 10:47:00 PM

super pretty! i love pairing it with the copperbeam pigment or coppery shades from my coastal scents pallette. it does have some fall out though, but it's not a huge deal

on 1/7/2010 10:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I got this when i was on holiday in the states (hawaii) as the mu said it would bring out the green in my eyes. I really do love the colour- on me its a coppery tone with pinky undertones. It has some glittery bits in it which makes the texture not so smooth but its not a big deal. I find it easy to use and i like the results i get when using it. Very pretty colour.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this color! I can definitely see what people mean when they say it's too chunky and messy.. It certainly can be but I find that if it's used wet and on a good base. I usually use Painterly paint pot with just about everything, but Artifact really brings out the pinky undertones in this one. Overall, a good shadow, especially for bringing out blues, and especially green eyes.

on 12/29/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Mythology is a very pretty pink-ish copper-y color (and would probably pair very nicely with Coppering), but I can't say I love it yet. I ordered it online and it wasn't exactly what I was expecting it to be, but it is a nice color, although its a bit difficult to work with being a Lustre.