GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque

GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Masque
Supermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment MasqueSupermud Clearing Treatment Masque

3.6

Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxide (Black)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, I loved this mask. I smelled great and felt nice and fresh to the skin. You can use it twice a week but the problem is you could only use it for a few weeks due to the small size of the bottle. And that would be okay if the price reflected what you actually get for product. I do love it but I'm not 100% sure I would purchase it again due to the price. The packaging makes it look like the bottle will be much bigger but it is tiny. I guess you would get many uses out of it compared to the price of a facial at a spa however that is a complete service with many other aspects. I really loved it though. I even did it on my boyfriend! My skin felt great after and for the next few days it felt like silk. It's great for pores and acne and detoxing the skin. If you travel a lot I would suggest that you buy it and try it. I would give it the best rating. If it were priced just a little lower..... Maybe there are some sites that sell it cheaper than Sephora.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Received a sample of this along with the other mask. Once again, this was an overhyped product that can easily be found for cheaper. I will stick to my current mask that does just as well, if not better, for cheaper than $69.

on 9/1/2013 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Yet another example of overpriced hype. Disregard the GLAMGLOW claims about the PoreMatrix technology, Acnecidic-6, T17Clay hooey! (By now hopefully MUA has taught you to READ product ingredients for the TRUE story). While I commend GG for not using parabens or sulfates, and for adding AHA/BHA acids & adjusting pH (using Sodium Hydroxide aka Baking soda) to make them effective, this mask contains only a tiny amount of these acids other than mandelic. According to MUA reviews, most but not all people do well with mandelic acid. See those reviews for ideas of less expensive options. Other main ingredients are Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Eucalyptus Globulus, & Charcoal. **Translation: this mask is a drawing/drying, exfoliating mask in a wet clay base. IMO, if your goal is to clear up your nose area, the beneficial ingredients are charcoal, which is drawing but also has a purifying effect. The Magnesium/Aluminum is also drawing but mainly soothing. (Google for research studies on topical use of this ingredient or, read Paula Begoun's review of MoM mask). Beyond that, eucalyptus may irritate some while others will like the tingling feeling. **Conclusion: If you have oily skin, these are good ingredients to help reduce shine & possibly soothe acne. But you could buy a lifetime supply of MoM, charcoal & mandelic acid for less than $69. OTOH, if you have dry skin, you probably wouldn't be pleased unless you use it briefly only on oily areas.

Long review but in short this mask is great :D
I've been struggling with a very bad breakout on the left side of my face over the last couple of months and nothing has helped except this mask! Been trying everything but eventually bit the bullet and spent the £45 (after my sister agreeing to go halfsies to try it out).
The mask itself smells very badly of licquorice (my sis actually loved this) and is a very scary dark grey-black colour. I was worried it would be painful as it dried as other reviews have said it would but it was just a nice but strange tingle feeling which went away when the mask was dry. My sis also has VERY sensitive skin and said it did not hurt her/irritate her skin either. However, the best part by far was the 'pore matrix' which you can actually see pulling the gunk out of your pores - this was very grossly interesting, so much so that me and my sis spent the whole 20 mins glued to a mirror!
After jumping in the shower to remove the mask I was left with baby soft skin and reduced pore size (they have definitely not gone though) but as I said before the main benefit is the massive breakout has almost completely faded and hopefully will completely go after a couple more patch treatments :)
I would definitely buy this product again for special occasions or if this breakout ever returns but it is very expensive so would not buy it regularly.

on 8/11/2013 1:35:00 PM

It is a mediocre mask. There is nothing in this mask that could justify $69.
The mask dries fast and allows one to see all the pores on my face. It irritated apples of my cheeks and I was unable to determine which ingredient in the mask did it. Furthermore, I had breakouts. If I left mask for 7-10 minutes, it did not properly clean T-zone. My face felt dry papery after 15 minutes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i'm a bit torn when it comes to this product.

yes, when it dries, you can see all the "pore matrix," where the mask is drawing oil out of all of your pores. cool. however, i feel like this didn't do a whole lot for my blackheads or whiteheads. i got much better results on that front with the MUCH cheaper origins clay charcoal mask.

however, glamglow is great as a spot treatment on a pimple. dries it right up. dab it on overnight and in the morning it's pretty much gone. and this mask does leave your skin looking brighter.

i think this mask is really good for oil absorption and not nearly so good for extracting congested pores. this stuff is pretty pricey so i'm not sure if i'd buy it again. i'll keep using it happily until the jar runs out but i think this is a bit overhyped.

on 7/1/2013 12:49:00 PM

I first tried Glam Glow Super Mud just before Christmas and ordered it from Mise Beauty as I am currently in the UK and they definitely had the best price at the time. It was difficult at first to find a UK supplier, but now the mud seems to be all over the place–after a quick Google I’ve since found it at Salon Skincare, Beauty Flash Shop, and Feel Unique. I have to say, I prefer buying it in the UK as it feels like it’s cheaper (ringing in between £33-£45 depending on the store) compared to US prices closer to $70 per jar. Regardless of the currency conversion, I think the price is worth it (in both instances!). I’ve also purchased the mask at Sephora whilst in the states, and love the mask so much for problem skin that I bought some for my brother and sister to use as well. I purchased the mask initially because of all the hype–and if you want the full immersion experience of all its claims, please feel free to check out their site. Personally, I think all the ingredients are lovely and it isn’t full of anything you wouldn’t want to slather on your skin–which is always a plus. Despite the long list of ingredients, this mask doesn’t *replace* any of my current skincare regime, as I still want my Alpha and Beta Hydroxies to be administered via serum/cream and I don’t think a mask can replace that. However, whatever it is that makes this mask work–it definitely works! I have hormonal problem skin and it is constantly a mess, and I am constantly looking for something to help my acne disappear. Whilst I can’t claim that this mud is the answer, it is definitely a huge help–especially for blackheads. This stuff definitely clears out the blackheads like nothing I’ve seen before. It also helps with regular acne, if not necessarily getting rid of it entirely. This certainly sucks all the oil and debris out of the skin, and some may feel it has a drying effect–as most clay masks do, so as long as you moisturise afterwards I don’t really see how this is a downside.