NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Really like this stuff. For years I used a powder to set my makeup but in the winter with the dryness my face is loving this.

My favorite product from Nyx cosmetics. I have oily skin and the Estée Lauder double wear foundation is my HG foundation but even with my oily skin after I apply it, it can look dry and tight but after a few spray of this dewy mist it gives my skin the perfect look without looking shiny, I also used a tip a member here put and apply some after I apply my undereye concealer and it my concealer doesn't get dry or settle in fine lines! I love this stuff and will continue to purchase..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Overall I enjoy this product... It works better with some products than others. Wish the bottle was clear to see how much product is left but that is not a big deal to me. It does look dewy without looking oily on my skin and I definately like this version better than the matte version. Worth the try for the cheap price, I will repurchase.

I have oily skin around my nose & it doesn't make my face look very oily only a nice dewy finish. I bought the Urban Decay setting spray & thought it was awful compared to this. I just wish it was more of a mist than an actual water spray

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This product literally enhances all the imperfections on my face. I bought this because I have severely dry skin and it's crazy hard for my face to look even close to non cakey. What this product should have done was melt my makeup into my skin, setting it into place with a dewy finish. Oh it does set my makeup kind of, but let me explain how:
It somehow actually separates my foundation and makes it very dry into a powdery finish, which then sticks to my skin. It looks like there are thousands of little circle patches all over my face; it's disgusting. From about five feet away, it looks like it maintains a dewy finish, but my original foundation is already dewy.
This literally does nothing for me except make my makeup look a lot lot worse.
My sister who has oily skin also hates this. I offered my spray to her since I figured maybe it just doesn't work well with dry skin. She said, "It makes all my imperfections show and stand out." I feel the same way.
Complete waste of money.

Better than urban decay! This stuff makes you're makeup look brand new and stay all day. I no longer use a setting powder just this and recommend this to everyone! This is a must have in your makeup kit! Make sure you spray at least ten inches away, wait a minute, and then pat lightly with a tissue.

I have dry skin and after I sprayed this on top of my foundation my face became sticky and I couldnt stop myself from wanting to scratch my face because it stung my face, made it feel tight, and felt sweaty.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been using the It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination and thought maybe I would have to go to a cc cream for winter as my skin tends to get dry. I'm not sure why but I really do prefer mineral makeup, perhaps because it doesn't feel like I have makeup on. Well my skin didn't get dry but I wanted to have a bit of a dewy finish and an SA at Ulta recommended trying the NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray. So after applying my It Cosmetics I give a spray or two of the NYX and really love the results. It's not high sheen, not sparkly just a nice dewy glow. I really love the way my makeup looks after application and it seems to last the day. Such a nice find as I was thinking I'd have to give up mineral/powders during the winter months.

This is my new beauty juice!!!!! Wow wow wow !!! I have recently become more invested in the makeup products I buy ,specifically those for the face. I had always seen makeup artists use a "setting spray" which I always found a little strange given it seemed as though they were dousing a perfectly make-upped faced with water but I still nonetheless found the concept fascinating and wanted to try it out for myself. I knew about the MAC version of this product but thought I would try out the NYX dewy version as a cheaper alternative . Wow was I ever impressed! I have skin on the drier side so I chose the dewy finish over the matte finish. I used my beauty balm as a base along with powder and blush and concealer. I gave my face a good 5-10 sprays of this juice to finish off my look and I have to say I was really astounded. I have always been more interested in a dewy, natural finish simply because of my dry skin and the fact that I feel hydrated skin looks youthful....well, this stuff does the trick! My skin was dewy alright. It appeared moistured, fresh, and youthful. My makeup stayed all day too. My only and I mean ONLY concern with this product is the alcohol ingredient ...not sure how I feel about the alcohol content being in the product so for that reason I may switch to the MAC version provided it works the same. Still, I will continue to use it!

So main ingredient = water. Also alcohol which is drying. It does work, especially if you wear powder or a powder based foundation like Mac Studio Fix but so does Evian spray and the spray is finer. I would rather buy a fine nozzled bottle and fill with mineral water and keep in the fridge. The power of marketing! Hey ho, would not repurchase