NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, PVP, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a setting spray junkie, and I have oily skin that makes my makeup smear and smudge. I tried this because I was tired of making the trade-off of having oil-free skin but getting that matte "cake face" look. While this product does not prolong the wear of my foundation, it DOES make me look prettyyyy darn "dewy"-- almost TOO dewy. It really accentuates my highlighted areas and takes away the powdery look that matte foundations can give. I liked using this product last winter because it gave me that summer glow I was lacking, but I will probably not repurchase once I'm out since it did not make my makeup last longer. However, if you don't have a problem with your makeup lasting or you have naturally dry skin, I would recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this was the first setting spray that i tried and it kept my makeup in place, as well as gave me a glow that pressed/setting powders could not. although it gave the appearance of moisturized skin, the feel of this spray is reminiscent of hairspray. it was somewhat drying but not enough to cause any kind of reaction. it may not be good for someone with sensitive skin. i liked the finish but now i am able to get a glowy finish with rosewater and other facial sprays that are actually hydrating. i think they are a better option for long term healthy skin.

Ironically I get oily skin and I hate it but I love a dewy finish. So in my head I calculated, matte primer, matte foundation, matte powder, dewy spray. It didnt work out.
The spray is literally like a hose (exaggeration) but its definitely not a mist at all and leaves wet spots on my face. It didnt really help the longevity of my makeup.
Im disappointed because I really like NYX eye products and Id read some great reviews on this spray! :(

Would I buy it again?
No, overall it didnt work for me.

PACKAGING: It doesnt mist, it sprays like crazy!
PRICE: $14.95 - Target Australia

Quick about me:
Skin: I have oily t-zone, very oily around my nose, large pores, breakouts only on my jawline and occasionally on my chin. My skin is sensitive and hates pretty much everything!
Diet: I have just recently stop consuming dairy products and reducing my meat intake to see if that effects my skin. I also have increased my fruit and vegetables and water intake. Water has made a huge huge huge difference!!!
Lifestyle: gym goer, big lover of sports and outdoor activities.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been coming out of the dark ages and discovering all these neat things in the world of make up and skin products. I have been using all natural soaps and vitamin c serum for years. I just turned 50 (I still look no older than 40) and I am wanting to look as young as I feel, so now it is taking a little more effort. I have to do my eyebrows (I use ELF after trying Brow Zings) and primer to have my foundation stay on longer, and still have a bit of healthy glow to me. This is where this product come in. I use 2 spritzes, it sets my foundation, and gives a nice healthy look to my face. I don't want to say glow or anything like that, but just young and healthy. I know people have complained about the spritzer saying too much comes out but I disagree. It is just fine, not perfect, but good enough for it too work well. It doesn't cause any break outs for my sensitive skin. I will continue to use this product as long as they continue to make it!

Really like this stuff. For years I used a powder to set my makeup but in the winter with the dryness my face is loving this.

My favorite product from Nyx cosmetics. I have oily skin and the Estée Lauder double wear foundation is my HG foundation but even with my oily skin after I apply it, it can look dry and tight but after a few spray of this dewy mist it gives my skin the perfect look without looking shiny, I also used a tip a member here put and apply some after I apply my undereye concealer and it my concealer doesn't get dry or settle in fine lines! I love this stuff and will continue to purchase..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Overall I enjoy this product... It works better with some products than others. Wish the bottle was clear to see how much product is left but that is not a big deal to me. It does look dewy without looking oily on my skin and I definately like this version better than the matte version. Worth the try for the cheap price, I will repurchase.

I have oily skin around my nose & it doesn't make my face look very oily only a nice dewy finish. I bought the Urban Decay setting spray & thought it was awful compared to this. I just wish it was more of a mist than an actual water spray

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This product literally enhances all the imperfections on my face. I bought this because I have severely dry skin and it's crazy hard for my face to look even close to non cakey. What this product should have done was melt my makeup into my skin, setting it into place with a dewy finish. Oh it does set my makeup kind of, but let me explain how:
It somehow actually separates my foundation and makes it very dry into a powdery finish, which then sticks to my skin. It looks like there are thousands of little circle patches all over my face; it's disgusting. From about five feet away, it looks like it maintains a dewy finish, but my original foundation is already dewy.
This literally does nothing for me except make my makeup look a lot lot worse.
My sister who has oily skin also hates this. I offered my spray to her since I figured maybe it just doesn't work well with dry skin. She said, "It makes all my imperfections show and stand out." I feel the same way.
Complete waste of money.

Better than urban decay! This stuff makes you're makeup look brand new and stay all day. I no longer use a setting powder just this and recommend this to everyone! This is a must have in your makeup kit! Make sure you spray at least ten inches away, wait a minute, and then pat lightly with a tissue.