bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'd prefer if this were waterproof, but I really don't like BE's waterproof mascara (that brush sucks!). THIS brush is awesome - I've just never seen anything like it. And really, even though it's non-waterproof, it still stays on pretty well without smudging.

As a testament to how good this looks, I was in Sephora one day, and when a SA came over to greet me, she said, "Wow, you have amazing lashes! What are you using?" I pointed over to the BE area and said, "Just the Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen formula - no fancy tricks. Two coats on the upper lashes, one coat on the lower lashes." HG mascara for sure.

I was just a little disappointed in this mascara. . . ive had cheaper mascaras that have worked a lot better than this one, so i probably wont purchase again. It was okay, but for the price, i won't continue buying it. It lengthened my lashes a little, and didn't clump or anything which was good, but it wasn't great. And i have bought better mascaras than this, so i wouldn't reccommend this one.

on 6/26/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not really impressed with this brand's mascaras, so I was not sure about this one when I received it in a kit. I have owned it for awhile now and I admit, I do like it. It does lengthen my lashes quite a bit and gives them a slight curl (nothing dramatic.) It does not clump on me and stays all day.
The price is a bit steep for it though when i have run into other mascaras that do similar work for far less, but this is made of all natural ingredients, so I will forgive it.
I would not buy this again because of the price tag, but it is a great mascara.

on 4/7/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this mascara during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty event for 50% off I think. I have been on the hunt for a new mascara for quite some time. When I looked at the applicator display in the store, I really like the fact that there were both short & long fibers.
I won't judge a mascara on the first time I use it. But after using this for 2 weeks, I can honestly say I am not impressed.
I really wanted to like this mascara. I loved the way it really coated my shorter lashes but that's as far as it goes.
I have straight lashes that don't hold curl. This mascara added some (not alot) of length and I could not see any difference in curl. The biggest disappointment was how much it flaked. While at work, I check my makeup at lunch & would always see huge flakes on my cheeks & it transferred onto my eyeshadow (even with UD primer!)
When I apply mascara I always scrape the wand on the side of the bottle & then I wipe it once on a paper towel. That made no difference...there always seemed to be huge globs of this on the wand.
A big disappointment for me.

This is a nice mascara, in my opinion. Nice, but nothing all that great. What I like about it is that, despite being quite a wet formula, it curls my very long-but-fine lashes well and the curl lasts. One coat gives a natural, lightweight fanned-out look, and I suppose the lightweight nature of the formula is what allows the curl to last. It's possible to build some decent volume, too, with about three coats - though, it's not marketed as a volumising product, so those in search of dramatic, thickened lashes should look elsewhere. With two to three coats I get some clumping, so I think this mascara works best just to give a single natural coat - a clean daytime look. However, even when layered, my lashes feel soft to the touch, not overly dry or crispy. I'm not wowed by the applicator - it's a regular (not rubberised) bristle brush with a slightly thinner 'waist' (sort of figure 8 in shape) - but it does a reasonable job.
I personally wouldn't be *overly* keen to repurchase as I feel the original Flawless Definition is more user-friendly and produces similar natural-looking results (with less effort on my part!) However, it's a decent product, and I've checked 'yes' to repurchase in order to reflect that.