Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

The eye shadows are so nice and very good quality. I, however, did not buy this. My mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift last year. Each other is beautiful and it gives you a variety of mattes, shimmers and glitters to choose from. I mix a couple together to get a certain color for my eyes. I love this product!

on 5/4/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I love the Naked 2 palette!
I can honestly say I use each and every one of these shadows. They are rich and creamy with great colour payoff. They are not overloaded with shimmer or glitter and apply easily with the duo brush. The blending brush side is really good.
The packaging is solid and snaps closed. The large mirror is perfect. A great palette for on the go!

on 4/25/2012 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

LOVE this palette! This, along with its older sister (the original Naked palette), is my daily go-to for eyeshadow... but that doesn't mean it's boring! There are so many ways to wear these shadows that you can pretty much achieve any look you're going for (smoky, natural, edgy, whatever!).

The thing I love about these shadows is that they are so beautifully blendable... I never have trouble blending them out, even if I accidentally swipe on too much at first. If you use a good fluffy brush (even the dual-ended one that comes with the palette) you will really love the result.

The shadows are highly pigmented and really pop when on your lid. Used with a good primer (I recommend the UD primer potion ORIGINAL!), it will last all day easily. The other great thing about Naked 2 is that there is more of a variety of matte shades than the original palette, which is nice for those with more fine lines or for those who don't enjoy as much shimmer.

Lastly, the packaging!! This palette's construction is so much better than the original... It snaps shut and stays secure (great for travel!), and the outside seems to be some sort of metal which is good if you are like me and sometimes get foundation or concealer or something on your makeup when you forget to wash your hands ;) The value for your money (you get SO much product and variety for your dollar, especially when you consider how much a single shadow is from UD), that I think this is a valuable and worthy part of anyone's collection!

on 4/25/2012 9:28:00 AM

This is a great eye shadow palette. I bought the original Naked palette when it first came out, and I returned it about a week later. I felt that the colors were too warm and dark. Although some colors in Naked 2 are similar, I feel that overall it's a more wearable palette, especially for those of us with fair skin. The shadows are in the new formula, which appears to be smoother and have less fall out. Although one shade is repeated from the original palette - Half Baked - it's a little different due to the new formulation. It appears less orange or coppery than the old one. I couldn't pull it off before, but with the very subtle shade change, I feel it works on me now.

The packaging is nice. I don't feel that I have to be super careful with it, and I feel that the shadows are secure. This is a great palette for travel due to its sturdy case and great selection of colors.

My favorite colors in the palette are Bootycall, Suspect, Snakebite, and YDK. I use Suspect as my go-to everyday lid shade when I don't know what to do. Snakebite and YDK are wonderful against green eyes and made great lid or crease colors. I've only used Bootycall as an inner corner highlight and brow bone highlight, but I want to try it as a brightening lid shade soon.

I have mixed feelings about the Tease color. It's just an odd shade, so I find that I've experimented very little with it. I use it as a crease shade to blend out Suspect, but that's pretty much all I've done with it. I'll have to try some new things with it.

Blackout is a very intense, matte black that I only use for liner since I'm soo pale. I do have some darkness under my eyes in the evenings when I use it, so I don't use it that often.

The included brush is pretty good. The flat shader side is quite useful, and I use it to apply my lids shades. The other side is more of a blending or crease brush. It's ok, and I have used it for brow bone highlights, but it's not the best at blending.

The Naked lip junkie gloss you get as a bonus is awesome. It's a perfect everyday color and gives a little pigment. It's shiny without looking too wet. I like the applicator as well, no brush or doe-foot, just the squeezy tube hole. I find it easy to control application and it lasts for a few hours. I plan on purchasing a full size when my mini size is done.

$50 sounds like a lot of money, but it's a fantastic deal for 12 full-size shadows, a double ended brush, and a mini lip gloss...in a sturdy, attractive case. I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I selected yes to repurchases only cos I'd imagine if I were ever to run out I would repurchase but eyeshadows seem to never pan for me so I prob will never have to. And even so I might try out the original naked pallette. This is great neutral browns introduction for me. All the colours seem to be easy to match n mix to achieve diff looks. I would like a couple more mattes but the shimmers r lovely. No fallout for me and life's on smoothly with primer underneath they r pigmented. Love the packaging tho the actual pots don't have a flawless finish (sitting in the case) but thts being picky.. So overall happy with it :) would be nice if UD had half sized of these in other tones say blues/greens/ etc.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Bought this palette after seeing some reviews. I love nude colours for the eyes. I do own the first Naked palette which I like. This one I actually like better. I find it has nicer colours then the first ,some colours are similar but not the same. Most of the eyeshadows are shimmery which I love. There are only 3 matte shades. I gave it a 4 because the first eyeshadow (Foxy) which is a matte pale yellow doesn't even show up on me at all it blends right into my skin. I also don't know why they had to put in half baked again. I still didn't use it up in the first palette. But all in all not a bad palette it has beautiful colours and the pigmentation is good. It also came with a 2 sided brush whichn isn't bad and a lipgloss in naked which is alright.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had this since before the launch, and forgot about it. I didn't have much use for it after a few weeks. Very fair or cool skin tones will probably like it, or people with blue eyes. I just can't see it looking nice on anyone with a light/medium skin tone or other eye color. It goes ashy, and some shades just seem chalky. This palette has had more returns than the Naked 1. I also think the packaging is bulky as hell and some palettes don't even shut properly. Now Urbay Decay is launching more "do it yourself" palettes for $126 to fill it, which includes the cost of the palettes. Seems UD is going a little downhill lately. You can pay $50 or less for 12 full size shadows, or $126 for 6. Ridiculous! People got so overworked and excited last year over Naked 1, so when Naked 2 came along they jumped on it. This is not the same quality.

on 3/29/2012 3:20:00 AM

I loved naked 1, but wanted more griege and mid toned colours as I felt they would be more versatile for me. I do believe they've changed the formulation of their eyeshadows between naked 1 and 2, and I miss the non chalky, wonderful blendability of naked 1. I also found that the included brush exacerbated the powderiness of naked 2, and my natural hair brushes did work somewhat better.

I like 2 soooo much better than the original! My complaints about the first naked palette were: Not enough matte shades, and too many warm tones that didnt really work for cool skin. The Naked 2 fixed both problems. For me, the shades in this palette are much more wearable; More taupes and greys, instead of several versions of bronze. I also did not have a shade in the first naked pallette that I could use on my browbone or to blend, that was similar to my skintone and more matte (something like MAC's brule). It sucked to have a huge pallette and still need other eyeshadows. The shade Foxy in the naked 2 solved that problem too. This pallette is more useful and versatile. I love the shades Suspect & Pistol! I quite like the packaging, although I think I prefer the packaging of the original better. I also find the dual ended brush better quality and more usable than the brush that came with the original, and I like getting a lipgloss instead of primer, as I already have the UD primer. If I had to choose only one, I would definitely recommend naked 2.

on 3/9/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I skipped the original Naked palette. When it came out, my idea of neutral was the UD Ammo Shadow Box and was more about bright colors. Eventually, I thought I would try neutrals using the inexpensive NYX Champagne and Caviar and Smokey Eye palettes. I came to love the ease of neutrals and these became my everyday staples.

Lately I've gotten into getting more professional palettes by Ben Nye such as the Grande Lumiere (the gold standard for shimmery bright color) and the Essential Eye Palette (very basic matte neutrals). I was using my Nyx palettes as my shimmer neutrals but the quality just wasn't on par with Ben Nye and Ben Nye doesn't make anything like that.

I decided to pick up one of the Naked palette because shimmery neutrals are UD's specialty and both of the palettes supply a wide range of them. When I saw the Naked 2 palette I felt I would get more use of to the colors it had to offer than those of Naked 1. Even though I lean pretty warm, I like greys and taupes more than golds. I like that it has a few mattes. It would be nice if it had some more mattes to make this a more well rounded palette, but thats not really UD's thing and I have my Ben Nye Palette for that...I think I've given up on having one palette be the end all be all for my eyeshadow. That said if I could only take one with me on a trip or something, this would be it.

I love the packaging and the giant mirror. The brush isn't bad. While the larger side isn't good for depositing color, it makes a pretty decent blending brush and the the smaller side will work for details such as shaping the outer v and putting product on the lower lid.

The lipgloss is a nice bonus, too. Pretty everyday color with a lot of shine.