Moroccanoil Treatment - Light

Moroccanoil Treatment - Light
Treatment - Light

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butyphenyl Methlpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Extract, Parfum (fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Redd-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl lonone.

I keep this review short and sweet. When I use this product on my wet hair it causes it to become full of static. HOWEVER - when I use it on dry hair as a heat protectant for when I flat iron or curl, NOTHING protects my hair better, my ends look fantastic, and my hair is shiny and smooth. For reference my hair is dark brown, mid-way down my back, highlighted, fine and dry. hth someone. On a side note , I wish they would ditch the glass bottle, i'm so paranoid of dropping this on my bathroom floor.. :) I will re-purchase.

on 5/3/2012 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not worth it. I had to switch to the Light after finding out that Moroccan Oil causes brassiness in blonde hair. The Light is nothing like the regular product - I was having to use twice the amount and still not getting the same results. Not worth the price when it's $40 a bottle and you're going through one bottle a month!

Due to this issue I'm off the Moroccan Oil boat and using Redken's Argan oil. It's much better.

on 5/1/2012 7:27:00 PM

I bought this for my mother for easter and she has been using it pretty much daily since. I got hooked on the regular version of the moroccanoil treatment for my hair but since her hair is a light brown/dark blonde and alot more fine than mine, I purchased the light version for her. There was an instant difference to her hair, it was breaking a bit and dry and thin but since using it it is soft, shiny, and honestly that makes it look not as thin anymore! My father also noticed a difference right away and he is usually very oblivious ( my boyfriend also noticed a difference in my hair when I started using the original version, which was also shocking since he is oblivious to his surroundings as well). I think $16 for the small bottle of the oil treatment is a very fair price seeing as you only need a teeny teeny bit.

I love this stuff! My hair is fine and I don't colour it. I haven't tried the original moroccan oil, just the light version. I cannot believe I didn't try it sooner. My hair has never looked so good! It is soft and shiny and looks much neater and well groomed. Brilliant! I am going to try the whole range.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can't say enough good things about this product! I have very fine, chemically treated hair. I purchased this a few weeks ago for $40.00 ($CAD) and it's made a huge difference in the look and texture of my hair. I was worried that it would be too heavy but it's not (in fact, it gives me more body!). My hair feels like silk- so soft and shiny. I use a small pump every time I wash my hair (working from root to end) and I don't use any other styling product with it. I am also sensitive to fragrance but this smell doesn't bother me at all (there is a smell, but it's not too strong). I'm a tad concerned that i'm breaking out because of it though....I've been noticing that since I started using it, i'm getting more breakouts...I really hope that it's not because I really don't want to stop using it.

PROS-
1) soft, silky hair
2) body and bounce
3) doesn't weigh hair down

CONS-
1) a bit pricey but worth it
2) pump locks frequently (annoying)..hard to get a small amount of product out because of this
3) smell (light smell - may bother some people if very sensitive to fragrance

I think it's definitely worth a try! I can't wait to bring some with me on my vacation to Mexico - my hair will need it!

on 2/27/2012 12:12:00 PM

I like how this product makes my dry and frizzy hair smooth and under control. My ends tend to be super dry/rough and it tangles really easily. 2 pumps of this oil easily fixed the problem, leaving the ends shiny and tame. You know, tame like those shampoo commercial girls' hair. Tame hair that falls around your neck like chiffon.

I don't know why everyone like the smell of it, I personally found it really cloying and heavy and would prefer a lighter scent. Even after using a few days in a row and I've gotten used to the scent.. but I still wouldn't call it my favorite smell.

My bottle came with a pump, though I'm still wondering how I'm going travel safely with it. If only the bottle is not glass and the pump came with a cap. I never liked pump bottles when travelling.

Lastly, I made the mistake of forgetting to wash my hands after applying this onto my hair. I went straight into my morning routine of moisturiser/sunblock/tinted moisturiser, and I noticed bumps on my forehead, chin and cheeks. I suspect it was the moroccanoil reacting badly with my skin. So please remember to wash your hands after applying the oil.

I bought my Moroccanoil Light Oil treatment from ebay. US$39.99, 100ml bottle.

This product definitely worked on my fine/damaged hair. I've been using it for months and it looks and feels much better. I'm just not going to buy it again when it runs out because I got a sample of Oroflu Do in my Birchbox and it works as well but smells better.

Hi im writing about Amargan Oil- its also a Moroccon oil but Im not able to list it separately ... I think Moroccon Oil is a brand itself? I bought Amargan Oil from amazon. Its amazing! It does exactly what it says and is WAY better than the Kerastase serum ive been using. Price is good (abt gbp 11) and lasts a good few months. You will DEFINITELY notice the difference after the first wash. My hair looks and feels amazing! Thank u soo much Amargan oil!!!!!!

Love this product. My hair is fine and bleached/coloured too many times. I use this product in towel dried hair, 3 pumps (my hair is of medium length) and comb through. It makes blowdrying sooooo much quicker and my hair feels silky soft, bouncy, moisturized and healthy afterwards.
Will always be part of my hair care regime.
Love the pump bottle too - less waste of product. Oh and it smells lush!!! :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE! firstly, it was 125ml for 30.45p, which may seem expensive, but considering it works SO WELL and you only use a little i dont mind splashing out once in a while. I put it on my hair when its been carefully towel dried, plait my hair and sleep with it in, the next day its sooo soft, or just put it on and blow dry, which makes it amazingly soft but voluminous too. Anyways, so it smells amazing, my bleach blonde hair has never been better, i am officially swearing by this product. Mine luckily came with a pump which i would be lost without. The hairdresser i bought it from recommends only one pump but i use two because my hair is extra dry, especially at the ends of course. i am definitely going to also get round to buying the treatment at some point too, i wanted to try the oil first and was dubious but i cant believe how well it works. Also, i would only buy the one thats the same as the one pictured, the original morrocan oil, as it seems alot of different versions are available which arent as good, and id rather spend more to make sure it worked, than be left with a useless product i still spent money on. Buy from a salon to make sure. if in doubt, seriously take my word, its worth every single penny! :)