Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

2.6

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

While I was in Walgreens last night, buying rock salt, I couldn't help but wander into the cosmetics department, and I happened to find this. I had been considering the Revlon Photo Ready compact foundation, but this one sold me on the SPF 55. It was pretty difficult to find my shade, but I ended up with # 40 I figured I could always return it if it wasn't a match. This isn't bad, I used the sponge to apply all over and my Sonia Kashuk multipurpose brush to apply closer to the eyes and to cover in spots. The texture wasn't chalky or anything, despite the high SPF. I set it with Coty Airspun powder and only blotted once during the day, so no oilies for me. But overall, I think I need more coverage. I like an airbrushed, perfected look, and I don't think this is going to do it for me. I will probably use this as sort of a primer for mineral foundations. Unless, of course, the SPF 55 perfects my skin to the point where I don't need anything else. Wishful thinking!!
UPDATE: It's now summer and I tried this again. You have to be really careful because this can look cakey if you don't blend really well. I just looked in the mirror, and it was caked around my eyebrows - yuck! I agree with some others who said that this has a weird texture, like it's creamy and chalky at the same time. I'll use this only for the sunscreen properties, if it doesn't melt off my face, that is. Lowered to 2 stars.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst garbage for those with oily skin. Stay away!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What's not to sound good about this product especially in the summer. I love the Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid foundation, why wouldn't I just love this compact makeup with SPF 55?

Well, to sum it up into a few words, it is disgusting. What a disappointment from Neutrogena!

If you want makeup that settles in and highlights every pore on your face and makes you look 10 years older, this is the one. I even tried different applicators, still gross. Pass on this one.

I don't know how anyone has made this work for them - it's some of the worst foundation I've ever used. Even with primer on, it just sits on top of my skin. And if I try to blend it, it just comes off altogether and leaves red patches on my face. I got this at a close out store in NYC and now I know why it was sent there, it's awful.

Awful product! Incredibly greasy on my skin,overpriced,settled into pores,transfers like crazy,settled into lines and did absolutely nothing to improve my skin. I only gave it one lippie because the shade, Classic Ivory matched good. However that isn't enough to rate well and if I could give this mess a zero, I would.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible product dried my skin out especially under my eyes. Broke me put in some places. Horrible. Love only the coverage

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First off - as is typical for Neutrogena foundations/base make-up for me, there isn't a shade available that matches my yellow-toned NC20 skin. I tried #20 Natural Ivory, #30 Buff and #40 Nude. Natural Ivory is ok but a bit too pink/light, Buff and Nude are too peach and oxidise too dark.

Other than that, I found this thick, drying, yet greasy. It smells strongly of sunscreen which I don't really like but could deal with if the product was good. But it's not. It's difficult to blend and looks so gross and cakey. Feels super heavy and unnatural. It's like applying wax and Elmer's glue to your face. No thanks. Returned. I'm not even sure what skin type this could work for, if any.

I was expecting a lot more from this product than what I got. I've heard other reviews on it saying it was great and had great coverage, but all I got was a greasy mess. I purchased the lightest shade, 'classic ivory 10', but it came out like a light beige with yellow undertones. While the product itself was thick and had good texture, the moment I put it on my skin it brought out the worst. It clung to dry patches and made my T-zone oilier than it is.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i purchased this in the color natural beige 60 for about 15$ at Walmart which is very overpriced for this product that barely even last and is poorly made. (or at least for my skin) When you open the compact there is a mirror and then under the mirror is a foam applicator. Looking from the outside of the compact it looks very creamy and smooth but when i opened it looked the complete opposite. I don't know if it was just mine or all of them are like this but it looks like it has little chunks of something in it and no matter how much you rub it around inside they stay chunky however when you rub it in on your skin these small "chunks" disappear. I bought this product because i was going on vacation to the beach and i wanted a makeup with spf in it so that when i go out to eat or anywhere i wont get sunburnt more, i noticed i started getting acne and after wearing this foundation for a while it would get streaky and come off in some areas and my face would be SUPER shiny. however i thought this was just because i was near the beach and it was because of the sun BUT when i got home i tried it again and it did the same thing. It also made my skin more dry making it look more cakey. i really do hate this product and feel as though cheaper products could have done a far more better job than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFETY: This product contains oxybenzone which is a PHOTOCARCINOGEN. This means that when it is exposed to sunlight it become more toxic. Be aware of this- it is one of the main active ingredients!!