100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation
Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin FoundationFruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation

3.9

Not tested on animals

Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Extracts of Prunus Persica Fruit (Peach), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit (Apricot), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean) and Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry), Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract (Pomegranate Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (White Tea)2, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry), Aristotelia Chilensis (Maqui Berry), Vitis Vinifera Skin (Muscadine Grape), Garcinia Mangosteen Peel (Mangosteen), Malpighia Punicifolia Fruit (Acerola), Sambucus Canadensis (Elderberry), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) SUNSCREEN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 15% Titanium Dioxide, 10% Zinc Oxide

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: Natural Ingredients, Great coverage.

Cons: Hard to blend when cold.Can look cakey if skin is not properly moisturized before application.

I warm the bottle up in my hand by rolling it before application. I like this foundation for everyday wear. I have oily combo skin so I appreciate how this applies. It's not greasy or too liquidy. I only purchase this when I get groupons or when there is a sale. I'm pretty sure people with dry skin wouldnt appreciate a foundation like this. Its hard to match up if youre purchasing online. The only reason I got the right color was through a friend who has the same color skin that I do.

(I'm used to using liquid, powder and cream foundation from department stores)

on 1/19/2012 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I loved this but after a while I realized its leaving a sheen on my face. Sometimes it looks great and other times I apply it it looks fake and funny and u can see the makeup sitting on my face. I can kinda fix this problem by mixing with alot of my cepaphil moisturizer as it goes on much smoother, but if I am gonna do that I might as well try their tinted moisturizer next time. I like this but I don't, I just 50/50 on it. Makeup doesn't really take to my skin all that well anyway, but I blame that on my skin, I don't know what its problem is. As for the packaging its ok, I can't get it opened which mean when no more will come out of the pump I wont be able to open it up and get the rest out, which could be about 2 more weeks left of foundation that will go to waste. I wish this was in a jar so I could get every last drop out.

I love the natural products in it and that the Creme is a perfect match for my skin but don't know if I will buy again, I would have to figure out how keep it from making a sheen on my face.

on 1/19/2012 9:12:00 PM

I bought this a while back, maybe a year or two ago when I was looking for a natural foundation. I loved and hated it and decided to send it back. I think I mainly did that because I did not feel that it was worth the price (even though I spend more other "conventional" foundations) and I was not having a good experience with the rest of my purchases. I gave this another try when I saw it on hautelook. Really good price. White peach is the best one I can find for me, I am around NC 20, and have fair yellow skin. It, however, is still to beige/orange for me, which does not show too much once blended but I prefer a very yellow foundation to counteract redness and match with my very fair yellow neck/body. What I do love about it is that it does not feel wet or sticky as it dries nicely, has good coverage, and has good ingredients. I wish the color selection was better but I am really pleased with the foundation, as it does not feel like a "natural" foundation that you are forced to like just because of the ingredients/benefits. I must note that it does last a long time but does show my dry patches. Overall would purchase it again when there is deal.

i have had this product for a week and i purchased it in white peach. this foundation has great coverage and holds up to its claims and has a powdery finsh making setting powder completely optional, i happen to use 100%pures powder foundation with it because i like the security powder gives me lol. this comes with a pump which is lovely and the packageing is pretty and cute, the color is almost my match. it has a bit of a light yellow hue, but when blended well it looks fine. this foundation is hard to blend so you have to do it fast with you hands, or what i would suggest is use a foudation brush, using a brush it applys better and you can blend it much better, i use a $1 foundation brush from elf and it does me just fine. it last almost all day with out powder and with powder its practically 24hour lasting (trust me i have already feel asleep with it). comes off with face wash like a breeze.a lil pricy but worth it since your getting good natural ingredients. i will buy this again for sure.

on 12/28/2011 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very nice product without silicones, chemical sunblocks, or acne-aggravating algae products. Liquid turns into a powdery finish so you don't even need a setting powder.
Bad thing is it is difficult to find in stores - usually have to order online

I'm so sad to be giving this product a bad review because I love the natural ingredients, but it just didn't work for me.

For reference I'm a pale neutral-toned Mac NC/NW 15 with dry, rosacean skin. Normally I like matte-finish foundations and I prefer yellow undertones to pink. So I thought this foundation might work for me based on the reviews. I got the lightest color, Creme. Sadly this is VERY yellow in undertone, almost olive, and makes me look unhealthy somehow. Even when I hold the bottle up to my face it doesn't look that yellow, but the undertones come out when applied.

Also it emphasized every single flake and almost-non-existent fine line on my face. I tried exfoliating and also wearing moisturizer underneath. In desperation (I so wanted this to work!) I even smeared some jojoba oil on my face and let it dry before applying. That almost worked but there was still something not quite right about the color and texture of this on me, and after several hours my face still looked dry. Like one other reviewer said, it was like it sucked all the moisture right out of my face. Much more so than the mineral powder makeup I use (Alima).

I would not recommend this makeup for anyone who has neutral or cool undertones in their skin, or for anyone with dry skin or over 35 (unless you have oily skin with no flaking issues). The 3 stars I gave it are for the natural ingredients, the coverage (including pore coverage) and the fact it did not aggravate my rosacea or cause breakouts.

on 11/25/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this foundation. Love love love.

Pros:
-Cute packaging
-Pump dispenser
-Great colour match for my skin (really brightens my complexion)
-Feels wonderful
-Doesn't break out my skin at all (even after sleeping in it)

Cons
-Expensive. Definitely a splurge.
-Not quite the advertised full coverage

First off, I love the colour of this foundation (Creme). It makes my skin look absolutely radiant and glowing; it has just the right touch of warmth to it. Being very pale, most porcelain foundations match my skin tone but leave me looks just a tad pallid. This foundation gives me this beautiful warm glow. I can't say enough how much I absolutely love the colour.

Second, it feels really luxurious to put on like a very thick emollient lotion. It takes one pump to cover my face. I apply jojoba oil as a moisturizer underneath so the foundation blends in much better than if one applied it to dry skin. I suggest anyone having trouble blending to try out a face oil underneath. Then, it dries fairly quickly to a velvety powder finish. It's not exactly matte; satin as it's advertised is probably the best descriptor. Coverage isn't quite full either; more medium coverage but maybe able to build for more coverage. I haven't tried yet as my face it pretty clear at the moment. It is really good for undereye circles though; the colour is just the precise amount of peachy to counteract the blue under my eyes. Coverage doesn't quite make it a full 10 hour day though; it's still there but your blemishes are probably going to show through a bit. I can't say for sure though because I do touch my face a lot.

Overall, I couldn't ask for more. I love this foundation and it's really worth the price given the performance and the very high-quality ingredients (especially what is not in it). Also, they do only have 6 colours so it might be hard to get the perfect colour match but if you order from their website they have a good return/exchange policy.

Edit. 05/2013
After having moved to Raleigh, a bit more southern and way down in elevation than my Virginia home....I can't wear this foundation through the heavy humidity. I love this foundation but after ten minutes of putting it on my skin just feels heavy and oily from the humidity here. I've always had dry skin but since moving I've definitely developed an oily T-zone. Thinking about ordering the 100% pure powder foundation as it has rice starch in it.

on 11/8/2011 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm a little torn on this product. I got it with high hopes for my very, very, acne prone skin. Everything seems to break it out & I have trouble wearing any kind of makeup because it usually results in painful cystic zits, even while wearing benzoyl peroxide underneath. I was clear for about 2 years using almay TLC makeup, but just recently it started breaking me out very badly. I figured maybe my skin was sensitive to synthetics, so I wanted to try a makeup free of synthetic materials.

So, firstly, this makeup feels wonderful on my skin. I definitely chose the wrong color, so that has a lot to do with my ceasing of using it till the summer. It's way too expensive to just blow more money on the right color. I got peach bisque and it is way too dark - it looks like peanut butter.

You have to be pretty accurate with this foundation in terms of color because it's a bit difficult to blend and it does transfer pretty easily, so if a little bit comes off, you will notice. Also, if you build with it, it gets darker - so make SURE your color is correct. I wish they sold it in stores so I could have tried it out first. However, the finish is smooth and covers very well... it is almost powdery when it dries.

*A tip for application, because it is difficult to blend - mix it with a bit of (cool) water or dampen your face first, and try to cover as much of your face as you can at once. Blending small parts of my face didn't work well, it just made me look patchy.

Now, in terms of whether or not it causes breakouts - I think it still does with me. I will try it again in the summer when it matches my skin better, because I want to give it a fair try. But from what I noticed, it seemed to be causing some cysts. I must admit that it improved some of the dry blemishes that were on my face - it is not drying at all! I think the ingredients, overall, are pretty good for your skin and I wouldn't be surprised if it improved skin texture. It's too bad that there is probably a natural ingredient in it that is comedogenic.

The packaging is rather nice, I like that it isn't glass, because it makes it easier to throw in a purse. The pump, though, does dispense a crapload of product, and you really don't need a whole lot.

VERDICT:
I wish it were a little less heavy and easier to blend, but for 100% organic, it does the job. It's very pricey, and not sold in stores, but has a nice feel on the skin. I think that it still causes me to break out, unfortunately, but otherwise is somewhat moisturizing. It transfers and wears off quickly, but does not settle into lines and has a nice finish.

on 11/8/2011 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

...Whoa. I didn't expect much out of this foundation, but it blew me away. I'm NC25 and I got this fdtn in Peach Bisque, which is a pretty good match. (Be careful, there's only about 6 colors in this line!) I'm also oily-skinned and somewhat acne prone, but this foundation does a pretty good job of keeping oilies at bay during the day (I barely have to touch up, if at all) and also doesn't seem to break me out.

I don't think this foundation has any silicone in it, so it applies like a medium-thickness lotion. I find it hard to apply with a brush so I just smudge around with my hand/fingers. Three pumps is enough to cover my whole face, so I think one full-sized bottle will last me quite a while.

It really does dry to a satin finish (not entirely matte, but "soft"-looking), and the coverage is PERFECT for me. It's not obvious at all (my friends had no idea I had foundation on when I showed htem) and yet it's opaque enough that you can't see my acne scars or brown spots. Overall, it makes my skin look naturally perfect. I am impressed!

Also, I'm not complaining about the natural ingredients, either. Be warned, this foundation is EXPENSIVE. I got mine for $15 off Hautelook so it's probably best to wait for a sale than to buy it at full-price.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

It does what it promises! It has good coverage and I love the color of white peach for my skin. Also, I'm so glad I found a foundation that is not full of chemicals that was causing my skin to dry out. It is much better than the concealer of the same brand. It dries quickly, so if you are looking to blend after it may cake up if you wait. I would recommend using the primer of the same line for best results.