Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYLMETHOXYCINNAMATE) 7.50 , C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OZOKERITE, ETHYLHEXYLPALMITATE, C20-40 ALCOHOLS, POLYETHYLENE, IRVINGIA GABONENSIS KERNEL BUTTER, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, DECYLOXAZOLIDINONE, TRIBEHENIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LUFFA CYLINDRICA SEED OIL, BHT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VANILLIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLGALLATE[ /-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 45380 (RED 21, RED 21 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 6 LAKE, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE)].

on 5/13/2016 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product started out at a 3.5 and has gravitated down in the past few months. It does turn your mouth a pretty color, yes, and the color does seem to last pretty long. However, I found this drying, or at least not at all moisturizing. Within ten minutes of application, I feel my lips cracking again. To me, not worth the money.

on 4/23/2016 1:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this both for colour and moisture.

My natural skin colour is similar to mashed potato, and I have quite pale lips. I don't wear full makeup every single day, so if I'm going out with just some high-SPF BB on, it's nice to have something to make me look a bit less... dead.

Anyway, because of my pallour and some horrible experiments with those weird green/yellow/purple lippies in the 80s that were supposed to 'adapt' to your natural skin, but inevitably ended up some awful shade of fuchsia, I was a bit wary of trying this. But I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did.

The normal (001) colour is just enough to give a healthy pink tint to my lips, and it lasts reasonably well, by which I mean I can drink coffee and it won't come off, but I'd have to reapply after eating a sandwich. It's not the most moisturising thing ever, but it's enough for me most days, and I do tend to have quite dry lips. After a few applications the colour can start to intensify, so I tend not to top up too much, I usually have a Carmex lip balm in my bag anyway, so on a super-dry day I might alternate between them. On days when I want to go with a 'natural' lip look I'll even wear this with full makeup. (I tend to wipe off any foundation or BB from my lips first, and I know some people prefer to put lip colour on over foundation, but it doesn't seem like that kind of product to me, so I haven't tried it.)

I tried the coral colour as well, and weirdly that came out more pink for me. I can use it once and it's ok, but after one top-up it's too bright, so I'm mostly sticking to the pink.

Other 'adaptive' lip colours I've tried have come out ridiculously bright, but not this one; I like it and I've already repurchased when the first one ran out. It's pretty rare I use a lip product until it runs out, so this one must be a keeper!

Edit 1/27/17: I now have these in Pink, Coral, & the über-hard-to-find Lilac. I love these.
---
Original review: I got this in Pink (001), which I had a hard time deciding between Pink/Lilac/Coral (now I'm afraid i need the other 2 lolz), but this is so gr8! My lips are so moisturized & turned a very discreet pink kind of like what my lips look like in plumping gloss but more pale pink than bloodshot. This is a method not a miracle to shiny luscious pink lips IF ur lips aren't super pigmented & provided that the formula doesn't dry ur lips out which it apparently does to some ppl. Myself I can still feel it on 3 hours later all emollient & lovely. If you are looking for a deeper color Lipstick Queen Frog Prince is cheaper & more vibrant. The packaging is swank! I will def rebuy n I will prob buy a Dior plumping gloss next as well as end up w Coral & Lilac knowing me LOL I love the lip changing/lip plumping glosses I'm on a kick w Soap & Glory, Lipstick Queen, Smashbox O, LA Colors, TF Lip Injection gloss, all kinda gimmicky kinda thing(s) lol love this gloss!!!! It is USD$32 from Sephora.com :-)) I never had anything from Dior except perfume, def a luxury item! Lovely!!!!

on 3/28/2016 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The colour is natural and it feels moisturizing at first few swipes. But then it dries down quickly for me. I have dry lips, so I would not re-purchase it.

on 3/23/2016 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I recently purchased this after my winter lips looked a bit pruney.. since being a skinflint runs in my blood, I took a gulp when I paid.. lol.

Happy with my purchase though, this balm is great for no lipstick days and keep my lips moist and add a touch of color (lilac)...have also been using this on top of matte lippies which are in the same color family of mauves, pinks, just to give me more moisture.

all in all a great product for me.

am looking for other balms for corals and reds -- I did not like the coral in this line as stated by others, coral gives off a pink cast.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I heard amazing things about this product after a few of my friends were raving about it, have to say it is amazing. Currently it is my go to lip balm and the colours look so natural and lovely, glad that this is a lip balm product so it is moisturising similar to a normal lip balm. I got the colours coral and lilac and both are equally amazing, coral adds a little bit more pink while the lilac has a more natural colour to my lips. I would really recommend this product to anyone who is in a treat yourself kind of mood, it is a bit pricey but definitely won't be disappointed!

on 2/29/2016 1:19:00 PM

I love this lip balm it's giving me a smooth lip in few seconds... This the most thing l love it on it .... It's smooth my lips quickly without leaving a peels in the lip ... I don't know if you understand me but when you trying will you feel it > < ...one thing is bad , its sooo expensive for this small quantity.... If i found other lips balm give you same results i wouldn't buy it again but until now I don't found same as this one ,, this is the third one and i will buy new one next week (;

on 2/19/2016 2:18:00 PM

This is one of the few lip products I have ever run out of. Today I used up the last bit, and I have to say, I´m going to miss it, and probably repuchase! Different to many of the balms that claim to react with your lips and give you an individual lip color (which more often than not develops into the same old pink on everyone), this really just amps up the natural lip tone with a tiny bit of a pinkish tint, leaving the lips looking juicy, plump and healthy. It has a really beautiful finish, not too glossy, but still detectable. Also, the moisture it gives is longlasting and much more than just a waxy top coat. It really feels replenishing. The packaging is a little bulky, but I feel it´s beautiful - very high class looking, not just like any lipbalm - it looks recognizably Dior-y. One of the best lip products I ever had.

on 1/21/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS IS THE FIRST LIP ANYTHING I HAVE EVER COMPLETELY USED UP!

My lipstick + lip balm collection is more of a cosmetic graveyard than anything else; stuff I'll use from time to time and, whenever I look at all of the neglected tubes, I know that most of them have been sitting, untouched, for more than just a few years.

I am IN LOVE with this balm (pink version)! It is moisturizing and looks great. I use it constantly, and was amazed when I actually got to the bottom of the tube (that's so not me). Adore it all, minus the price.

on 1/10/2016 12:19:00 PM

Can you say FUSCHIA LIPS?? Feels slippery on lips and as though the moisture wears off quickly - leaving flaky neon lips that enter a room about 10 seconds before I do.And it stains lips, with the stain really grabbing on to dry areas, and the corners of the mouth. The color builds up with reapplication, and will instantly look uneven if you eat or drink, or if you rub your lips together. It was something like 34 bucks and I'd never repurchase - this just doesn't perform in a way I like at all. Packaging? Typical Dior - absolutely beautiful. In no way does that make up for the product itself. To be fair, It may have to do with my own chemistry, as every product I've ever tried that is supposed to "adjust to your lips for natural color" has had a tendency to turn garishly pink on me.