Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

on 3/5/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first got my hands on this bronzer I fell in LOVE. I used it everyday because it was the first matte bronzer that stayed on ALL day! It smells delicious too. The only thing is it made me break out! :( I was so devastated!! I will risk it on special occasions but not for my everyday use.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in medium/dark and I am NC20-30 (depending on winter/summer) and Asian with yellow undertones. There is also Milk Chocolate bronzer which is better for those with NC/NW 15 or lower. I do not think the medium/dark is that dark at all--it's ALMOST too light for me, but just works as a good all over bronzer and contour shade, although I like a good contour so you have to layer for a strong (but natural) contour.

I would not really say that this is worth the money ($30) because there are many other bronzers which are cool-toned browns that contour well. However, I think chocolate soleil is the best of the high-end bronzers because it's just deep enough and natural looking.

It is not orangey or warm at all, it just brings a natural brown shadow to your face. I would use this for contouring, and a more warm shade for all-over bronze.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great product for a natural contour on medium skin tones. It blends beautifully. I am an NC30 and I find that this creates a natural looking shadow under my cheekbones. I find the Real Techniques blush brush to be the best tool to apply this product with. Love it!

on 2/14/2015 12:31:00 PM

The first time I used this I was a bit disappointed because I felt it was more brownish than bronze. Then I realized its called chocolate for a reason. It's not exactly a bronzer but more of a brownish tone that's great for light contouring rather than a "glow". It took me a while to get used to but I really like it now. You definitely need to use the right brush since it can easily appear you are bruised if not applied properly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite bronzer! I LOVE the packaging, and the product itself in its own is like a mini pick me up because it smells SOO good (chocolatey). I feel like the product will last me forever because I use it daily but I haven't even made a dent in it! I think it's a great buy for a shimmer free broder with a nice warm undertone. PERFECT!

on 1/18/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I had a sample size & not gonna lie, it's the delicious chocolate smell that sold me. I bought the bigger size & couldn't be happier with the product it's self. The color itself is beautiful matte brown. It works so well to contour with & last all day for me! It's super buildable too! so it can be used for day or just a little more can be used for night, & with plenty of different skin tones. The smell lasts for a long time too, I love when my boyfriend kisses my cheek bc he can smell it & loves it. Would totally buy Again

HG bronzer for contouring! I have very fair skin and one layer works perfectly for a natural contour. My friend with a darker complexion uses the same shade, just applies an extra layer or too -- so the product is build-able!

I can put this on in the AM and by evening it still looks great! Though I do touch-up before evening plans. Perfect product, though a little steep with the price, worth it!

on 12/28/2014 6:49:00 PM

Very cute packaging! Finally caved and tried this. Great for contouring this bronzer is completely matte, which makes for a very natural look and is great if you want to avoid shimmer (ie less than perfect complexion). The shade is a slightly warm almost neutral brown to me. No orange, no red! Finally! I love how natural the colour is because one of my biggest struggles is finding bronzers that work with my very yellow-toned skin (currently nc35/nc40 for reference). Colour reminds me a bit of Laguna. Only thing is I find the pigmentation is "layerable" which can be a good thing I suppose. It doesn't go on too strong so you have to build up the colour, which might be preferable for lighter skin people and also doesn't require you to "use a light hand". That being said I love my bronzers so I definitely tend to build up the product (and probably use more than I should).

on 12/17/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Most amazing smell!!!! Best matte contour, i love it

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This bronzer warms up my complexion beautifully, and the colour is great - it leans on the warmer side, but its not too grey or orange.
Other pros is that it smells amazing, applies gorgeously smooth, and has a generous amount of product. Love!
Only gripes I have with this is that it doesn't last too long on my oily skin, and is very pigmented - you need really need a light hand to prevent from looking muddy!