Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I reeeally don't like this. It results in a muddy and ugly effect --unless I have fake tanned my face-- and even THEN no matter how light i go, or which brush i use, it never ever looks good. It looks very fake and orange. I have seen other ppl use this and keep my fat mouth shut but IMO everyone looks awful with this. It just looks like dirt, not fresh/healthy/contoured depending on how it is used.. I have tons of bronzers and this is the only one I always look bad in. I tend to tone it down with extra face powder just to try and make it look decent. This is the only too faced bronzer that i could not take a liking to. Does not blend as well as the other Too faced bronzers do. The powder goes everywhere, too. The two stars are because most ppl seem to like it so it's possible that my taste is very solitary, the other star is because technically ut is quite finely milled etc--it's just a nasty colour n the powder prefers to stick rather than blend.

Finally purchased my very first bronzer and I couldn't be more happy with it. I have a pretty fair skin tone and this works perfectly to give me that natural bronze. The packaging is great and I can tell that it will last a long time. Smells great and hasn't broken me out. Great for my oily complexion.

on 3/5/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first got my hands on this bronzer I fell in LOVE. I used it everyday because it was the first matte bronzer that stayed on ALL day! It smells delicious too. The only thing is it made me break out! :( I was so devastated!! I will risk it on special occasions but not for my everyday use.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in medium/dark and I am NC20-30 (depending on winter/summer) and Asian with yellow undertones. There is also Milk Chocolate bronzer which is better for those with NC/NW 15 or lower. I do not think the medium/dark is that dark at all--it's ALMOST too light for me, but just works as a good all over bronzer and contour shade, although I like a good contour so you have to layer for a strong (but natural) contour.

I would not really say that this is worth the money ($30) because there are many other bronzers which are cool-toned browns that contour well. However, I think chocolate soleil is the best of the high-end bronzers because it's just deep enough and natural looking.

It is not orangey or warm at all, it just brings a natural brown shadow to your face. I would use this for contouring, and a more warm shade for all-over bronze.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great product for a natural contour on medium skin tones. It blends beautifully. I am an NC30 and I find that this creates a natural looking shadow under my cheekbones. I find the Real Techniques blush brush to be the best tool to apply this product with. Love it!

on 2/14/2015 12:31:00 PM

The first time I used this I was a bit disappointed because I felt it was more brownish than bronze. Then I realized its called chocolate for a reason. It's not exactly a bronzer but more of a brownish tone that's great for light contouring rather than a "glow". It took me a while to get used to but I really like it now. You definitely need to use the right brush since it can easily appear you are bruised if not applied properly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite bronzer! I LOVE the packaging, and the product itself in its own is like a mini pick me up because it smells SOO good (chocolatey). I feel like the product will last me forever because I use it daily but I haven't even made a dent in it! I think it's a great buy for a shimmer free broder with a nice warm undertone. PERFECT!

on 1/18/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I had a sample size & not gonna lie, it's the delicious chocolate smell that sold me. I bought the bigger size & couldn't be happier with the product it's self. The color itself is beautiful matte brown. It works so well to contour with & last all day for me! It's super buildable too! so it can be used for day or just a little more can be used for night, & with plenty of different skin tones. The smell lasts for a long time too, I love when my boyfriend kisses my cheek bc he can smell it & loves it. Would totally buy Again

HG bronzer for contouring! I have very fair skin and one layer works perfectly for a natural contour. My friend with a darker complexion uses the same shade, just applies an extra layer or too -- so the product is build-able!

I can put this on in the AM and by evening it still looks great! Though I do touch-up before evening plans. Perfect product, though a little steep with the price, worth it!

on 12/28/2014 6:49:00 PM

Very cute packaging! Finally caved and tried this. Great for contouring this bronzer is completely matte, which makes for a very natural look and is great if you want to avoid shimmer (ie less than perfect complexion). The shade is a slightly warm almost neutral brown to me. No orange, no red! Finally! I love how natural the colour is because one of my biggest struggles is finding bronzers that work with my very yellow-toned skin (currently nc35/nc40 for reference). Colour reminds me a bit of Laguna. Only thing is I find the pigmentation is "layerable" which can be a good thing I suppose. It doesn't go on too strong so you have to build up the colour, which might be preferable for lighter skin people and also doesn't require you to "use a light hand". That being said I love my bronzers so I definitely tend to build up the product (and probably use more than I should).